Pacquiao Vs Clottey

Sarpedon

I will be up in Chiang Mai for the weekend of the Pacquiao vs Clottey fight staying at a friends house who doesn't have True Visions. Where would be the best bar/restaurant to watch this fight? What time will be fight be starting approximately?

• 2 weeks later...

Pacman won but I was never sure whether I was watching the boxing or So you think you can dance. far from the BATTLE that was marketed. 12 rounds of one guy punching the gloves of another with a few body punches in between.Just glad I didn't pay for it

Pacman won but I was never sure whether I was watching the boxing or So you think you can dance. far from the BATTLE that was marketed. 12 rounds of one guy punching the gloves of another with a few body punches in between.Just glad I didn't pay for it

I totally agree. It was a very disappointing fight (?). Clottey spent 11 rounds covering himself up and all Pacman could do was punch around the edges. Clottey MIGHT have won the last round, but by that time the fight was all over. Pacman did everything he could to try and get Clottey to open up and fight, but it was not to be. Pacman even went so far as to drop his guard to let Clottey hit him and it DID give him bruise under the eye, but that was about all. Pacman even opened both hands and tapped Clottey on the ears, but even that didn't work.

the undercard fights were much better. I did enjoy the Soto vs Diaz battle. Both those guys put up a great scrap for 12 action packed rounds. I was VERY impressed with Soto's ring command. He never took his eyes off his opponent, even in the fist swinging clinches.

Yeah, was a bit ordinary. Clottey seemed to be mainly concerned with finishing the bout on his feet.

Just as Pacmans trainer Roach predicted it would be hard to knock Clottey out especially with 2 gloves covering his head. Clottey didnt seem too disappointed, massive pay day and lives to fight another day.

...... Clottey didnt seem too disappointed, massive pay day and lives to fight another day.

I'll bet it is a long time before Clottey gets another big pay day.

Who wants to pay big $ or take the time to watch a guy put on a defensive show for 11-12 rounds??

Not me and I'll bet there are a lot of disappointed people in Texas and at HBO who are saying "never again!!".

...... Clottey didnt seem too disappointed, massive pay day and lives to fight another day.

I'll bet it is a long time before Clottey gets another big pay day.

Who wants to pay big $ or take the time to watch a guy put on a defensive show for 11-12 rounds??

Not me and I'll bet there are a lot of disappointed people in Texas and at HBO who are saying "never again!!".

I agree. He came waltzing into the stadium like he was a rap dancer, and that was all the show he had. He spent the next 12 rounds covering up. At some point in a boxing match you actually have to throw a punch.

He did more harm to his career than actually getting knocked down or out. He'll be lucky to get a series of matches with fourth tier fighters.

^ were you peeking over the neighbours fence? :)

it was rather disappointing indeed, lets hope Mayweather stops hiding behind the drugs testing debacle and agrees to fight Pacman

Edited by Donnyboy