Re Entry Permit For Ed

I hope you visa boffins can help me once again please.

Is it possible to get a Re Entry Permit for a holiday to Laos when holding an ED Visa + being at Tha Na leng immigration at the train station in Laos?

How about at the Friendship bridge?

Or is it all at Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok?

And does it need to be applied for in advance?

Many conflicting reports on immigrations own website and others.

Thanks in advance.

The re-entry permit doesn't take long. Just don't forget to bring a photo! You can only get one from the immigration office you are doing your extensions.

Thanks for the info..

So it can be done on the same day at Chaeng Wattana?

Basically, I want to get it done today and leave for Laos tonight - is it possible?

The re-entry permit doesn't take long. Just don't forget to bring a photo! You can only get one from the immigration office you are doing your extensions.

I was trying to quote you and ask with a one year ed. visa and time to leave after my first 90 days, my course is completed, will I receive another 90 days at the Thai Laos border when I come back into Thailand.?

My embassy told me that with the multiple entry visa there was no fee to pay when leaving Thailand.

Correct, a multiple entry visa will remain valid if you don't study anymore. Only an extension of stay from immigration in Thailand itself will become invalid.

As long as the visa is valid you will get a fresh 90 days to stay in Thailand each time you re-enter. Leave and re-enter 1 day before your VISA expires and you get a new 90 days and can get almost 15 months out of it, with no need of a re-entry permit.

You will have to leave and enter Thailand into another country and would require a visa for the neighbouring country. That visa you will have to pay.

Correct, a multiple entry visa will remain valid if you don't study anymore. Only an extension of stay from immigration in Thailand itself will become invalid.

As long as the visa is valid you will get a fresh 90 days to stay in Thailand each time you re-enter. Leave and re-enter 1 day before your VISA expires and you get a new 90 days and can get almost 15 months out of it, with no need of a re-entry permit.

You will have to leave and enter Thailand into another country and would require a visa for the neighbouring country. That visa you will have to pay.

Thank you.

Just as a coincidence as I left my Thai school this morning they gave me all the documents supporting an extension of stay and told me to go to immigration fill out the one page application get my photo taken and get permission to extend the 90 days for another 90 days, pay the 1,900 bhat. I guess because they had registered with the education ministry to get me a 6 month visa even though my course will end in 3 weeks. Now my questions are, my first 90 day stay expires April 20, if I go to immigration next week will the 90 day extension be from April 20 for 90 days? or from the day that they receive the documentation? Secondly will I need photocopies of my passport, page with one year visa, entry paper etc, or are all the originals sufficent.? Which Immigration office will I go to? Thanks I had just planned to go to Laos before the 20th of April but I guess the school needs to do this for the ministry of Education.

An extension of stay starts at the end of the current permitted to stay period.

As to where it will depend on where you are. Toronto/Thailand does not help a lot.

Yes you will need photo copies of everything.

An extension of stay starts at the end of the current permitted to stay period.

As to where it will depend on where you are. Toronto/Thailand does not help a lot.

Yes you will need photo copies of everything.

Thanks now I am in Bangkok, there is an Immigration Office close to me off Sathorn Tai Road, on Soi Suan Plu, 507. I could walk there, as I live in Sathorn. The website is excellent with floor plans of the building. Yet when you check on documents needed under different categories, nothing comes up, in regards to photo copies of this or that. Generally speaking I found the website helpful. Thanks again for your help.

Bangkok Immigrant is at Soi 7, Chiang Watanna Road near the MFA Passport Office. Suan Plau has been closed except for taking care of adjacent country nationals and detention center.

Thanks they don't mention anything about that on the website.

• 3 months later...

You can only do that with a multi entry non immigrant visa. Is that what you are talking about? Each entry would allow a 90 day stay. You never have to visit Immigration using visa entry until you arrive. Please be sure what you have and want to do.

This thread was about re-entry permits and they are only required if you are on an extension of stay or want to keep a current stay alive.