Kawasaki Boss

RugbyMan

hi all , my local mechanic informs me my 10 year old kawasaki boss needs the valves doing, he says its a big job, too big for him, as it needs both valves and the piston changing, about 4,000 baht

he advised me not to go to mityon as they use cheap parts, said i should try the new kawasaki dealer on sukhimvit

waste of time, did not really understand what i wanted, spoke to their mechanic but i think he only assembles new bikes and fits extras to be honest

anyone had similar work done who can recommend a good bike shop, appreciated

Edited by Rimmer
Changed the font to normal size for readability also text edited out by RIMMER

There is a big shop on the corner of 3rd road intersecting with Pattaya Tai . They straighten'd out a dead carb on my 2007 Kawi boss. The also had 2 other honda phantoms tore down to the nub along with another 2007 that they were rebuilding the engines in.

The shop is fair & the Katoey speaks English well so you won't get jacked around. & the price was less on my quote instead of more. Whatever you do avoid The middle of Pattya Klang grungie looking rebuilding shop. It looks like a machine shop but the Chinese owner hates farangs & will tell you it to your face. His staff hates him. He overcharged us for what should have been 150 baht to 1500 baht & I watched him work for 1/2 an hour & was told by the owner 5 hours. the staff confirmed 1/2 an hour. Owner drunk as a skunk. The shop I did my Kawi I have been pleased doing business with & they have an internet cafe for 20 baht an hour while you wait. Obviously your not going to be waiting during the rebuild but his crew usually beats the book time on rebuilding bikes & is conciseness about the repairs. It is a huge dealership with Yamaha Honda Suzuki & Kawasaki advertised on the building ...can't miss it.

^ Yes but they are Mityon too .I agree that they do good work there as far as i can tell .

ps,the LB is quite cute ,in a butch sort of way . :)

He wasn't really my cup of tea, but the staff was cordial & professional & did good work!

There is a big shop on the corner of 3rd road intersecting with Pattaya Tai . They straighten'd out a dead carb on my 2007 Kawi boss. The also had 2 other honda phantoms tore down to the nub along with another 2007 that they were rebuilding the engines in.

The shop is fair & the Katoey speaks English well so you won't get jacked around. & the price was less on my quote instead of more. Whatever you do avoid The middle of Pattya Klang grungie looking rebuilding shop. It looks like a machine shop but the Chinese owner hates farangs & will tell you it to your face. His staff hates him. He overcharged us for what should have been 150 baht to 1500 baht & I watched him work for 1/2 an hour & was told by the owner 5 hours. the staff confirmed 1/2 an hour. Owner drunk as a skunk. The shop I did my Kawi I have been pleased doing business with & they have an internet cafe for 20 baht an hour while you wait. Obviously your not going to be waiting during the rebuild but his crew usually beats the book time on rebuilding bikes & is conciseness about the repairs. It is a huge dealership with Yamaha Honda Suzuki & Kawasaki advertised on the building ...can't miss it.

Do you think that they would be any good at working on my 2005 Phantom?

Perhaps boring it out to 223cc and improving the exhaust system.

I will be down that way in a couple of weeks

Do you think that they would be any good at working on my 2005 Phantom?

Perhaps boring it out to 223cc and improving the exhaust system.

I will be down that way in a couple of weeks

The standard Phantom is 100% reliable .Doing what you intend will cause more problems than solutions .The Phantom is meant for crusing and is not meant to be a sports bike .

.... Whatever you do avoid The middle of Pattya Klang grungie looking rebuilding shop. It looks like a machine shop but the Chinese owner hates farangs & will tell you it to your face. His staff hates him. He overcharged us for what should have been 150 baht to 1500 baht & I watched him work for 1/2 an hour & was told by the owner 5 hours. the staff confirmed 1/2 an hour. Owner drunk as a skunk. .

where's this place ? can't recall any motoebike shops in Klang ?

Agree that Kawasaki Sukumvit are pretty clueless when it actually come to working on engines...something they need to look at.. especially when all their ER owners come in over the next year or so looking for the major 14000 km service..

Edited by William Osborne

I have an 11 year old KAWASAKI BOSS.

I would forget the KAWASAKI SHOP on the Sukhumvit road for service or major overhauls as it’s little more than an assembly shop for the new bikes they sell.

For ordering spare parts i found them to be the best i've dealt with as the Mityon shop at the junction of Pattaya Thai and number three road is a waste of time if the item isn’t in stock.

I recently ordered a new plastic battery cover ‘plus lock’ from the KAWASAKI shop and it came within 10 days whereas Mityon twice failed (2½-months) when ordering the same spare parts.

I used to have my bike services at Mityon on the number three road but it’s become far to busy because they take on far too much work for the number of mechanics working there which affects the quality of service.

For major work I wouldn’t recommend them

I've switched to having the bike serviced at the Mityon service center on the Sukhumvit road opposite to the big KAWASKI shop and so far they've been tops.

I’ve seen bikes undergoing heavy repair work in the service bay so I would also use them for anything major.

The bike service shop in Pattaya Klang is on a corner near the Massage place and i agree with what's been said in that the place is not farang friendly.

Not friendly nam thip is an understatement. I watched him do 1/2 hours work & complain it took him 5 hours. And then he charged 1500 baht to drain the fuel out of the tank & put it back in Nothing more. The day before at another shop in Bang Saray 100 baht for 7 hours. I had to limp it in to Pattaya because they could not give me a definitive date when they could get the carb. It took 3 days from Bangkok- here in 5 . Job done on that day & runs great. It was Mitton. The shop was punching out a Honda Phantom & changing the gears to be able to get more out of the top end & less off the line. They must be decent at boring out & changing gear ratios as most shops here only do the status quo unless your going to a big bike shop.

They did do an excelent job & fast & put me at the top of the list as they knew I was from Bang Saray & did the job cheaper. 250 baht labor to R&Rthe old carb twice & install the new one.I would give them a thumbs up. Reliable, knowledgeable & more than fair. And they even knew what chem-tool or Gunk boil out was to clean the carb. Unfortunately it has to be shipped in as is it considered hazardous material & highly flammable(not what you want in the undercarriage of a jet, so Thailand does not use it. Not cost effective. :)