Does Thaivisa Have A New Bar?

IanForbes

He was only hoping for a place that served screwdrivers.

Great reply, Phil. :D

I always wondered why the Thais call their bars ... Bar beers instead of Beer bars. :)

I noticed the Thaivisa ad before, but the internet here in my hotel was on the fritz for a couple of weeks. It's an on again off again thing and frustrates me no end when it times out and I lose whatever I've typed.

If TV has anything new in the Chiang Mai region, it will not be a bar ......but a restaurant, or a pizza place or a burger joint.

What else would there be to talk about, just to keep the masses busy ? :)

He was only hoping for a place that served screwdrivers.

Great reply, Phil. :D

I always wondered why the Thais call their bars ... Bar beers instead of Beer bars. :)

I noticed the Thaivisa ad before, but the internet here in my hotel was on the fritz for a couple of weeks. It's an on again off again thing and frustrates me no end when it times out and I lose whatever I've typed.

I assumed it is because in the Thai language, the adjective follows the noun, but am not sure. Ex - what you would call a "red car", would be "car red" in Thai. I think this is correct.

"Reminds me a bit of the Two Ronnies sketch where Ronnie Barker walks in the the hardware shop and asks for a ''ooose''."

Thanks for turning a Yank onto these guys ! I just youtubed the 'hardware' sketch. Likely the best bit of info I'll glean from TV today.

"Reminds me a bit of the Two Ronnies sketch where Ronnie Barker walks in the the hardware shop and asks for a ''ooose''."

Thanks for turning a Yank onto these guys ! I just youtubed the 'hardware' sketch. Likely the best bit of info I'll glean from TV today.

this one? :) classic

Thanks for that one, Donnyboy. I had to watch it twice. :)

I can somehow relate. I was on ferry ride over to Koh Samui one time and was sitting beside 3 blokes who were having an animated conversation. I understood about every fifth word they were saying and couldn't quite place what country where they might be from. I asked them later, in my Canadian accent, and they said they were from London, England. :D