Visa From Hull

Hi All

Iam 35, single, british, looking for long stay, then work (teaching course)

Could anyone give me some answers to the following;

Is Hull consul non imm 'O'visa friendly?

Can I obtain it from their or must it be london?

I dont have relatives, or know anyone staying/working in Thailand, would i still be able to obtain a non imm 'O' visa?

Can you change to work visa after say 6 months? Is it hard?

How much is required to be kept in Thai bank upon a visa run?

Cheers

Is Hull consul non imm 'O'visa friendly? 

Yes.... you can apply for the "visiting friends/family" one

Can I obtain it from their or must it be london?

Obtain it only from Hull

I dont have relatives, or know anyone staying/working in Thailand, would i still be able to obtain a non imm 'O' visa?

Yes it will be fine - as long as you supply the letter of guarantee

Can you change to work visa after say 6 months?  Is it hard?

A work permit can be issued with a Non Imm O visa (as long as all the other requirements are satisfied of course)

How much is required to be kept in Thai bank upon a visa run?

There is no requirement to have money in a Thai bank account when doing a visa run.

Totster :o

If you have the correct paperwork then London is OK.

I got my first Noni "o" multi-ent without any hassle earlier this year and they were very polite and easy going.(wheres my knee pads?)

Didnt seem to bother or even take too much notice with regards my docs. but as said correct chittis to play safe.

Dropped them off on the Friday morning and picked up first thing following Monday. :D

Note: London Embassy do NOT accept postal applications :o

Yes it will be fine - as long as you supply the letter of guarantee

I first thought te letter had to be from somebody living in Thailand but a very nice lady fron the consulate suggested I get the guarantee from a friend or relative in the UK

They turn my application around in a couple of days, fantastic service :o

• 2 weeks later...

I always use Cardiff, and i have found the lady that works there (seems to be the only one that does) to be very helpful and easy going, when i applied for my last visa i forgot to send the cheque with my passport she still stamped my passport sent it back and trusted me to send the cheque, which i did.

I have found the embassy in London to be worse than useless, i spoke to them 3 months ago to ask if they had any information about setting up business( before i discovered this site) she told me to email, still not heard back tried ringing several more times and emails still not heard anything. :o

No, it was Multi Non-Imm 'o' visa

Using what criteria? And was it for a full year? (Thai Embassy in US sometimes only issues a Multi NI O for 6 months. Why? Because they can.)

Based on marriage and for a full year.

(Maybe they read TV and are trying to change their reputation :o

(Maybe they read TV and are trying to change their reputation :o

Many a true word spoken in jest, maybe? Looking through the Hull consulate's website again today I found that this has appeared (dated May 2005):

"This office cannot issue a Non-Immigrant Category “B” visa to anyone who is unable to demonstrate they are travelling to Thailand for genuine business purposes. Travelling to Thailand for the purpose of researching the possibility of acquiring or establishing a business there is not considered a legitimate reason for applying for a business visa. Nevertheless such a person can apply to this office for a Non-Immigrant Category “O” visa and when they obtain a job or acquire a business they can apply to Thai Immigration in Bangkok for a Work Permit."

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Da%20%20...ness%20Visa.pdf

My italics - and that was near enough the basis (exploring business opportunities) of the Non-Imm B visa I got from them last December (although I do have my own UK company). Makes me think that I wouldn't get the visa on the same basis if I were applying now

Does anyone else get the impression that things are being tightened up generally?

Edited by Steve2UK

(Maybe they read TV and are trying to change their reputation :D

Many a true word spoken in jest, maybe? Looking through the Hull consulate's website again today I found that this has appeared (dated May 2005):

"This office cannot issue a Non-Immigrant Category “B” visa to anyone who is unable to demonstrate they are travelling to Thailand for genuine business purposes. Travelling to Thailand for the purpose of researching the possibility of acquiring or establishing a business there is not considered a legitimate reason for applying for a business visa. Nevertheless such a person can apply to this office for a Non-Immigrant Category “O” visa and when they obtain a job or acquire a business they can apply to Thai Immigration in Bangkok for a Work Permit."

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Da%20%20...ness%20Visa.pdf

My italics - and that was near enough the basis (exploring business opportunities) of the Non-Imm B visa I got from them last December (although I do have my own UK company). Makes me think that I wouldn't get the visa on the same basis if I were applying now

Does anyone else get the impression that things are being tightened up generally?

I wouldnt be surprised if these Consulates do tighten up there rules !!!! I see pages and pages of messages about how great Hull is (which it is) but have you thought for one minute that you may be overdoing it ? If someone posts a simple message asking if Hull is a good place is it really necessary for a hundreds of people to reply with such praise ? Do you think for one minute that the Thai authorities are not reading these comments ? :D

Not surprisingly we are seeing the new article about the B visa rules. This article (which has only just appeared) tells me that the place is already becoming known as a consulate with relaxed attitudes to issuing visas. The only people to blame for this are yourselves for spreading it all over the net !!!

Ever heard the saying, "some things are best kept secret" ?

Everybody, stop it ! Before you mess it up for yourselves & everyone else !!! :o

I wouldnt be surprised if these Consulates do tighten up there rules !!!!    I see pages and pages of messages about how great Hull is (which it is) but have you thought for one minute that you may be overdoing it ?  If someone posts a simple message asking if Hull is a good place is it really necessary for a hundreds of people to reply with such praise ?  Do you think for one minute that the Thai authorities are not reading these comments ?    :D

Not surprisingly we are seeing the new article about the B visa rules.  This article (which has only just appeared) tells me that the place is already becoming known as a consulate with relaxed attitudes to issuing visas.    The only people to blame for this are yourselves for spreading it all over the net !!!

Ever heard the saying, "some things are best kept secret" ?

Everybody, stop it !    Before you mess it up for yourselves & everyone else !!!  :o

Have to say, I'm inclined to agree with a lot of this. There are times when I've wondered about the information being spread around in some posts that amount to tip-offs about dodges. Difficult to know where to draw the line and I could well have crossed it myself at some point.

Hi

As stated at the start of this topic, Iam applying for a non 'O' visa, but

what is the letter of guarantee?, what should be in it?

Is it a letter from my parents just stating that if things go tits up (money wise) they will bail me out?

Thanks

Hi

As stated at the start of this topic, Iam applying for a non 'O' visa, but

what is the letter of guarantee?, what should be in it?

Is it a letter from my parents just stating that if things go tits up (money wise) they will bail me out?

Thanks

A sample letter can be found on the Hull Consulates Website.

Here is the link Letter sample

totster :o