Thaksin Still Banned From Entering Germany: German Envoy

george

Thanks to the German envoy to clear things up.

He'll try to get his money, but I'm afraid that his accounts are red flagged, even his number accounts.

"numbered accounts" don't exist.

there are accounts with improved privacy, but in any case, the bank's management always knows who the beneficial owner is.

Numbered accounts should be added to the list of urban legends.

Bank secrecy (or bank privacy) is a legal principle in some jurisdictions under which banks are not allowed to provide to authorities personal and account information about their customers unless certain conditions apply (for example, a criminal complaint has been filed[1]). In some cases, additional barriers to disclosure are provided through the use of numbered bank accounts or otherwise. Bank secrecy is prevalent in certain countries, such as Switzerland, offshore banks and other tax havens under voluntary or statutory privacy provisions.

Created by the Swiss Banking Act of 1934, which led to the famous Swiss bank, the principle of bank secrecy is sometimes considered one of the main aspects of private banking. It has also been accused by NGOs and governments of being one of the main instruments of underground economy and organized crime, in particular following the class action suit against the Vatican Bank in the 1990s, the Clearstream scandal and the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Former bank employees from banks in Switzerland (UBS, Julius Baer) and Liechtenstein (LGT Group) have testified that their former institutions helped clients evade billions of dollars in taxes by routing money through offshore havens in the Caribbean and Switzerland. One of these, Rudolf M. Elmer, wrote, "It is a global problem...Offshore tax evasion is the biggest theft among societies and neighbor states in this world."[2]

Advances in financial cryptography (e.g. public-key cryptography) could make it possible to use anonymous electronic money and anonymous digital bearer certificates for financial privacy and anonymous internet banking, given enabling institutions (e.g. issuers of such certificates and digital cash) and secure computer systems.

more here

Yes, all correct, except anonymous "numbered accounts" don't exist in Switzerland or any other country I am aware of, and the existing accounts with greater privacy are no obstacle to legal disclosure in official judiciary procedures.

I am in insider on this matter.

I will go amend this article.

amended.

BTW, this specific article on "numbered accounts" explains that they aren't anonymous anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbered_bank_accounts

Nowadays, the additional privacy provided by numbered accounts consists in the account data being accessible only to a very limited number of employees inside the bank (as a rule, the following employees have access: regional general management, legal & compliance and the team of relationship managers managing the account).

Edited by manarak

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He'll try to get his money, but I'm afraid that his accounts are red flagged, even his number accounts.

This why I said that the accounts are probably red flagged, even if he tries to send someone else to withdraw. :)

WHERE ARE YOU?

Thaksin not allowed to visit Germany: ambassador

Published on March 15, 2010

Thaksin insists he's in Europe, not Cambodia

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra could not meet his two daughters in Germany as he was declared persona non grata last year, German Ambassador Hanns Schumacher said yesterday.

"So far, we are not aware of any movement of former prime minister Thaksin to Germany since he has been banned," he said.

Thaksin has said he would leave Dubai, where he has been living, to see his daughters Pinthongtha and Paethongthan somewhere in Europe soon. The two sisters have gone to Germany for a business engagement.

Thaksin was blacklisted for illegally obtaining a one-year resident's visa last year, Schumacher said.

There was no information on whether he had made any attempts to visit the country since then, he said.

It might be possible for Thaksin to enter the country under another name, as many sought to do illegally, but it would be up to the German authorities to enforce the law, the ambassador said.

Thaksin Shinawatra last night told his red-shirt followers that he was currently in Europe, not Cambodia as speculated earlier.

During a phone-in to his supporters' People TV station, the fugitive former prime minister also dismissed a government report that the United Arab Emirates had expelled him.

Dubai, one of the seven emirates, has been Thaksin's residence over the past year.

Thaksin said he would phone in again today.

Meanwhile, the court yesterday approved an arrest warrant for Arisman Pongruangrong, a key red-shirt figure, for instigating riots.

Arisman last night joined the anti-government rally's main stage on Rajdamnoen Avenue along with other red-shirt leaders, who said he would surrender to the police on April 1.

THE NATION

Thaksin's whereabouts have been closely monitored by the government since his red-shirt supporters are rallying in Bangkok and trying to pressure the government to step down and call a new election

The government fears that Thaksin may use other countries to attack and destabilise Thailand.

The Cambodian government, which Thaksin advises on economic matters, has denied a news report that the fugitive former PM is in Cambodia.

Cambodian Foreign Ministry spokesman Koy Kuong was quoted by Xinhua news agency on Saturday as saying Cambodia has received no information that Thaksin planned to visit the country.

Koy Kuong his office had been bombarded with inquiries about whether Thaksin was in Cambodia said since reports in the Thai press on Friday stated that.

Source: The Nation - 2010-03-14

what charges actually that would get him arrested and eventually deported to Thailand?

i don't want spoil your fun here, but better don't waste your energy for false hope. the odds and the laws are against it and it is pathetic the Thai officials or the Press not inform the public in a honest way what is possible in the Thaksin hunt and what is not.

Charges are obvious in his conviction for misuse of power in the land case, which got Thaksin two years. Another charge, which is why and how INTERPOL has its role in this, is his being an international fugitive from justice in his country of citizenship. Then there's the still hot unusual wealth ruling by the Supreme Court. There are many other charges pending which would be best litigated only if he returned to Thailand. If I put a false name on a passport of another country my government would begin an immediate investigation of me for just cause of holding both a US passport and a false passport of another country, and almost assuredly would revoke my own passport.

Even Thaksin has more brains than to try to enter Germany or any other high profile country that has a respectable democracy, especially through a back door or a shady passageway. After all, Thaksin's only and comfortable friends in control of governments are the equally egotistical dictators, tyrants or authoritarians.

When the democrat who wants democracy in Thailand can enter a legitimately democratic country, then maybe Thaksin could begin to get some credibility to his absurdly bogus claims, which we well know not only are laffable but also cynical and contemptous of everyone here.

so the land case and after this a lot of rhetoric but actually nothing more.

sorry, rhetoric will be not enough for an extradition,will not impress nobody outside Thailand. okay maybe you, don't know where you are. but nobody who is a position to make such decision.

ahh, i forget. Mynmar voted to support Abhisit in that case. but that is all so far i have heard from.

Gen Thein Sein: Myanmar won't allow Thailand's foe to use its soil

there are reports that a couple of countries (UK, Japan, Germany... did i forget one?) that didn't issue Thaksin a new visa, probably only to avoid some diplomatic complications, having to deal with FM Kasit and delusional extradition requests.

question: are there any official statements why Thaksin is not allowed to visit these countries? official statements by authorities from the respective countries and not the Thai FM of course)

do you really believe there is an Interpol case? what if the FM or The Nation fooled you?

and finally whatever you do with your US passport, it will have no relevance to the Thaksin case, but keep trying if you can chase the devil this way.

Thaksin's whereabouts have been closely monitored by the government

So so... and where is he ? :)

Where could he go? According to latest news he is running out of money (Down to his last $500-million)

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2008/...--30091929.html

Sorry this link does not open

Here is another link and I hope it works

http://www.plushasia.com/article/1353

Edited by silk

what charges actually that would get him arrested and eventually deported to Thailand?

i don't want spoil your fun here, but better don't waste your energy for false hope. the odds and the laws are against it and it is pathetic the Thai officials or the Press not inform the public in a honest way what is possible in the Thaksin hunt and what is not.

Charges are obvious in his conviction for misuse of power in the land case, which got Thaksin two years. Another charge, which is why and how INTERPOL has its role in this, is his being an international fugitive from justice in his country of citizenship. Then there's the still hot unusual wealth ruling by the Supreme Court. There are many other charges pending which would be best litigated only if he returned to Thailand. If I put a false name on a passport of another country my government would begin an immediate investigation of me for just cause of holding both a US passport and a false passport of another country, and almost assuredly would revoke my own passport.

Even Thaksin has more brains than to try to enter Germany or any other high profile country that has a respectable democracy, especially through a back door or a shady passageway. After all, Thaksin's only and comfortable friends in control of governments are the equally egotistical dictators, tyrants or authoritarians.

When the democrat who wants democracy in Thailand can enter a legitimately democratic country, then maybe Thaksin could begin to get some credibility to his absurdly bogus claims, which we well know not only are laffable but also cynical and contemptous of everyone here.

sorry, rhetoric will be not enough for an extradition,will not impress nobody outside Thailand. okay maybe you, don't know where you are. but nobody who is a position to make such decision.

ahh, i forget. Mynmar voted to support Abhisit in that case. but that is all so far i have heard from.

there are reports that a couple of countries (UK, Japan, Germany... did i forget one?) that didn't issue Thaksin a new visa, probably only to avoid some diplomatic complications, having to deal with FM Kasit and delusional extradition requests.

question: are there any official statements why Thaksin is not allowed to visit these countries? official statements by authorities from the respective countries and not the Thai FM of course)

do you really believe there is an Interpol case? what if the FM or The Nation fooled you?

and finally whatever you do with your US passport, it will have no relevance to the Thaksin case, but keep trying if you can chase the devil this way.

Thaksin is fool's gold.

Thaksin couldn't get into a legitimately democratic country with a crowbar. Thaksin couldn't get into a country organized into a legitimately democratic government with an 18-wheeler full of any combination of dollars, pounds, yen, euros etc.

You can't name a country we would recognize as having a legitimate democratic political system and government which would admit Thaksin, nor could you name one such country Thaksin has visited since........since..........since........

Thaksin who rediculously claims to be a democrat and who shamelessly claims to advocate democracy in Thailand continues to associate only with tin-pot dictators, tyrants who enrich themselves by nepotism and cronyism, and with authoritarians who rule with an iron fist.

Name one legitimate democracy that anyone here would recognize as such in which Thaksin is other than an international parriah. Name one. Just one. Only one. One.

:D numbered accounts in Swiss do still exist, as well as on a well known channel island. All divorced men, do know this.

they are ¨opened¨ as you are not paying tax in your homeland and they catch you, or as you are in the drug or other scene and some court hits you. but if you are a brave citizen and don't want to pay your wife in a the case of a divorce, they are the place to go, as this is not a tax problem more a private war..... u need 50000 Euro and u are in minimum..... :) I do no this...greetings from Scuol Engadin....

Thaksin is fool's gold.

Thaksin couldn't get into a legitimately democratic country with a crowbar. Thaksin couldn't get into a country organized into a legitimately democratic government with an 18-wheeler full of any combination of dollars, pounds, yen, euros etc.

You can't name a country we would recognize as having a legitimate democratic political system and government which would admit Thaksin, nor could you name one such country Thaksin has visited since........since..........since........

Thaksin who rediculously claims to be a democrat and who shamelessly claims to advocate democracy in Thailand continues to associate only with tin-pot dictators, tyrants who enrich themselves by nepotism and cronyism, and with authoritarians who rule with an iron fist.

Name one legitimate democracy that anyone here would recognize as such in which Thaksin is other than an international parriah. Name one. Just one. Only one. One.

omg. don't get an internet heart attack.

adding more rhetoric but no facts at all.

question: are there any official statements why Thaksin is not allowed to visit these countries?

a statement similar like this:

http://enews.mcot.net/view.php?id=12443&t=2

so beside Myanmar, had any other country officially declared that Thaksin isn't welcome? and what are the reasons why Thaksin isn't welcome? i am sure that is an issue that would make the news or not? should be easy to come up with such examples and references if there are any.

you made this just all up in your blind hate and nothing of it is reasonable. and you will find nothing like your rants printed in the news papers of that top star democracies you are talking about. you sound like a failed 3rd class journalist trying hard and feeding the internet hate machine, nobody would publishing that, not even as letters to the editor.

but thanks for the laugh.

so beside Myanmar, had any other country officially declared that Thaksin isn't welcome? and what are the reasons why Thaksin isn't welcome?

Although I agree that the post you are responding to is a tad over the top.....

Just today Germany has declared that he isn't welcome, even going as far as saying that he will be arrested if identified.

He isn't allowed in the UK for example, although this has not been made official, probably to be as diplomatic about it as possible.

Why?..... Well I don't think that a single country has given a reason as to why. My guess is (and it is a guess) that they just don't want the hot potato to be their hands.

Mazeltov, let's refresh ourselves at this point.

You avoid answering questions, such as and specifically for example, when was the last time Thaksin was welcome or, more significantly, welcomed in a country which has a legitimately democratic political process and system of government?

It's clear your knowledge or memory fails to extend that deeply into the vastly distant past. I must admit, I myself am searching my memory to find any such occasion. I recall that shortly after the coup, in 2007, the London based International Institute for Strategic Studies invited Thaksin to make a presentation about democracy vs military rule. Many of us here in the former LOS were shocked by the obvious faux pas by the IISS. It didn't take the IISS long after that to realize its gross and embarrassing misstep. Then the UK gave Thaksin the bum's rush out of the country.

So if the IISS in the UK can commit such a blunder, it's understandable that you can contest the reality that Thaksin in self-exile associates only with fellow tyrants, dictators and frauds.

He is in Cambodia, o no he's in Switzerland, no he's in Dubai, o no he is in Germany....Nation..if you do not know where he is..just report nothing..

If he is in Europe, my guess is he will be in Montenegro with his diplomatic Montenegrian passport.

Certainly Germany sounds more "sexy" and powerful to his supporters as a country 99,9% of them never heard of.

so beside Myanmar, had any other country officially declared that Thaksin isn't welcome? and what are the reasons why Thaksin isn't welcome?

Just today Germany has declared that he isn't welcome, even going as far as saying that he will be arrested if identified.

He isn't allowed in the UK for example, although this has not been made official, probably to be as diplomatic about it as possible.

Why?..... Well I don't think that a single country has given a reason as to why. My guess is (and it is a guess) that they just don't want the hot potato to be their hands.

Think The Nation. The Nation make a mountain out of a molehill. so we have to look for the molehill behind this mountain story.

For Germany it is a Visa issue. Thaksin has no visa, as far as the Ambassador knows, the Ambassador says.

Now the Ambassodor gives the information: In case that somebody would enter Germany without proper documents this person would be subjected to the emigration laws which include arrest as one option to deal with such a offence. illegal border crossing.

That is all what the Ambassador will tell you. He is a diplomat. He didn't say Thaksin is a persona non grata or that he is banned.

a little bit bigger story and interesting is how Thaksin got his resident permit revoked. A 3rd row parliamentarian nobody from a then opposition party had his biggest hour (5 minutes) in his parliamentary career ever, when he found out Thaksin got a resident permit in a regional emmigration office. and that he got it with some help. faster then the usual red tape and paper work and without the usual waiting time. in the 'scandal' was no money involved but some influential persons who can make things faster, persons solve problems silently and gentlemen-diplomatic on a international level. scandal! it came for one day in a nationwide newspaper and okay, resident permit revoked.

the parliamentarian, "the whistle blower" has some connection to an german-siam expat circle of small/medium-sized businesses, pensioners and comes here to the annual south beach mixed pickles and sauerkraut fair and had accidentally found out that there exist some diplomatic channels in the grey.

the existence of the fast track grey channel was the problem, not so much the person Thaksin.

be realistic. its a diplomatic issue. non of these top***** democracy will speak a judgment about Thaksin in the way the FM Kasit wanted to hear or The Nation would like to print it. forget it, such a statement will never come.

Thaksin is also not stupid and will push that issue or brag about where and when he does his trips to europe.

there will be no extradition from anywere (except Burma). if you hope for it you will be disappointed. The Nation maybe raise hope for something you wish to happen too, but it is false hope and in the end you have been fooled for the sake of selling newspapers ir a government propaganda that needs smokescreens and isn't honest to you.

there is also no Santa, your new nigerian pen friend will never send you "$364 million and you don't get a free wheelchair once you have collected 100000 tax strips from cigarette boxes.

Think The Nation. The Nation make a mountain out of a molehill. so we have to look for the molehill behind this mountain story.

For Germany it is a Visa issue. Thaksin has no visa, as far as the Ambassador knows, the Ambassador says.

Now the Ambassodor gives the information: In case that somebody would enter Germany without proper documents this person would be subjected to the emigration laws which include arrest as one option to deal with such a offence. illegal border crossing.

That is all what the Ambassador will tell you. He is a diplomat. He didn't say Thaksin is a persona non grata or that he is banned.

a little bit bigger story and interesting is how Thaksin got his resident permit revoked. A 3rd row parliamentarian nobody from a then opposition party had his biggest hour (5 minutes) in his parliamentary career ever, when he found out Thaksin got a resident permit in a regional emmigration office. and that he got it with some help. faster then the usual red tape and paper work and without the usual waiting time. in the 'scandal' was no money involved but some influential persons who can make things faster, persons solve problems silently and gentlemen-diplomatic on a international level. scandal! it came for one day in a nationwide newspaper and okay, resident permit revoked.

the parliamentarian, "the whistle blower" has some connection to an german-siam expat circle of small/medium-sized businesses, pensioners and comes here to the annual south beach mixed pickles and sauerkraut fair and had accidentally found out that there exist some diplomatic channels in the grey.

the existence of the fast track grey channel was the problem, not so much the person Thaksin.

be realistic. its a diplomatic issue. non of these top***** democracy will speak a judgment about Thaksin in the way the FM Kasit wanted to hear or The Nation would like to print it. forget it, such a statement will never come.

Thaksin is also not stupid and will push that issue or brag about where and when he does his trips to europe.

there will be no extradition from anywere (except Burma). if you hope for it you will be disappointed. The Nation maybe raise hope for something you wish to happen too, but it is false hope and in the end you have been fooled for the sake of selling newspapers ir a government propaganda that needs smokescreens and isn't honest to you.

there is also no Santa, your new nigerian pen friend will never send you "$364 million and you don't get a free wheelchair once you have collected 100000 tax strips from cigarette boxes.

Sorry but your post was too criptic for me :)

Thaksin in self exile can associate only with fellow tyrants, dictators and authoritarians. No legitimate democratic government will have anything to do with Thaksin exept to chuck him out or to bar the door whether formally or informally.

His daughters are in Germany? No doubt looking for jobs. I understand Burger King is hiring patty flippers, they may be qualified.

His daughters are probably in Germany again. I have seen them in London in a BMW with German plates... I would not be surprised to discover they have a family house there too...

The Nation started the piece in a perfectly rational manner, quoting factual statements of the German Ambassador. The its usual sensationalis manner started to speculate. At that point they were no longer reporting new but instead promoting an agenda.

This wild speculation for which the Nation provided not even an attempt of confirmation then touched off the famous name calling and misinformation so prevelant on TV.

Please stop the name calling. It only gives people hiding the shadows of the web a boos to their ego and has never solved a prolem.

Start rational negotiation and correct the error that occurred when the court declared no confidence of the previous administration when a new election was not held according to the norms of most parlimentary governments.

Negotiate a plan for a new internationally supervised and monitored election in 90 day. Make the whole process transparent by including independent international monitor in resolving problems that might occur in the election.

Don't be part of the Problem! Be Part of a Peaceful Solution!

Sorry but your post was too criptic for me :wacko:

the story how Thaksin got his resident permit revoked?

Suthichai Yoon has some details in english, but its little bit more complex.

http://suthichaiyoon.blogspot.com/2009/06/...his-german.html

the "scandal" wasn't much of a scandal.

it got exposed by a backbencher buffoon of a small liberal opposition party who has no clue how diplomacy works. like the local congressman you get if you live deep country side. a member of parliament, his work includes also some SEA relations and he comes to thailand for the annual mixed pickles and sauerkraut fair to met local expats and middle class contacts. actually a nobody. that he was the 'wistle blower' and his name isn't even mentioned in the press that that case got.

but without him Thaksin would probably still have his resident permit for Germany.

Just look for where his private jet is, all movements of airplanes in any air space are recorded, all flight plans have to be agreed by an International agency. If he used his jet, then the authorities can find out where he is, really they are not looking they are just keeping the public interested in him.

Sorry but your post was too criptic for me :)

the story how Thaksin got his resident permit revoked?

Suthichai Yoon has some details in english, but its little bit more complex.

http://suthichaiyoon.blogspot.com/2009/06/...his-german.html

the "scandal" wasn't much of a scandal.

it got exposed by a backbencher buffoon of a small liberal opposition party who has no clue how diplomacy works. like the local congressman you get if you live deep country side. a member of parliament, his work includes also some SEA relations and he comes to thailand for the annual mixed pickles and sauerkraut fair to met local expats and middle class contacts. actually a nobody. that he was the 'wistle blower' and his name isn't even mentioned in the press that that case got.

but without him Thaksin would probably still have his resident permit for Germany.

Werner Maus was a kind of James Bond for the german CIA (=BND) for over 40 years, his various ID cards are back uped by the BND, but his official status is something like a freelancer.

He is used by undercover operations, when the BND could not beeing involved in this matter.

(speculation on, the story was like this : Thaksin contaced Siemens in Munich, having some usefull information for futher contract matters with the skytrain in bkk.

Siemens was interested, and Thaksin ask for some visa assistance, Siemens had some close conections to the BND, ((cause the US uses the echelon sat system for economic spying against western partners)). BND said, we can`t help offical, but we send you our trouble shooter and freelancer, Werner Maus.)

So Thaksin got his visa, lived many month in germany, till the story was on the headline, and Berlin politicians were looking like fools, cause they didn`t know about. beside one bavarian politician from Munich, who is on the payrole from Siemens, and other bavarian Companies.

So, Berlin placed Thaksin on the list, as persona non grata, and cancelled his visa.

....Name one legitimate democracy that anyone here would recognize as such in which Thaksin is other than an international parriah. Name one. Just one. Only one. One.

omg. don't get an internet heart attack.

adding more rhetoric but no facts at all.

question: are there any official statements why Thaksin is not allowed to visit these countries?

a statement similar like this:

http://enews.mcot.net/view.php?id=12443&t=2

so beside Myanmar, had any other country officially declared that Thaksin isn't welcome? and what are the reasons why Thaksin isn't welcome? i am sure that is an issue that would make the news or not? should be easy to come up with such examples and references if there are any.

you made this just all up in your blind hate and nothing of it is reasonable. and you will find nothing like your rants printed in the news papers of that top star democracies you are talking about. you sound like a failed 3rd class journalist trying hard and feeding the internet hate machine, nobody would publishing that, not even as letters to the editor.

but thanks for the laugh.

Adding more rhetoric and not answering the question. Ad hominom attacks of course.

It isn't blind hate to be disgusted with someone trying to wreck their own country

from greed and need for ego assuaging revenge.

Name one legitimate democracy that anyone here would recognize as such

in which Thaksin is other than an international parriah.

Name One.

mistakingly it was reported that T. is visiting germany,as a matter of fact he might visit Austria and pay a visit of A.H,s birthplace in Braunau,for your info,Austria has a border with Germany and the populace speaks german.

whats wrong with cambodia. i thought he bought it. why doesn'the just set up shop there. has he got ants in his pants. all i here is takshin is here taksin is there. taksin can't go here but can go go there

If Interpol are doing their job maybe not? I seem to remember he is on their list, but may be wrong .

Although according to The Nation

The Foreign Ministry has requested that the International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol) apprehend fugitive former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, who is suspected of being behind the recent riots by red-shirted protesters.

Interpol will help Thailand circulate Thaksin's identification details and judicial information about him internationally.

The sources said Thaksin had been given an Interpol "red notice", which is recognised in a number of countries and serves as the legal basis for provisional arrest. A red notice is intended to help police identify or locate Thaksin, with a view to his arrest and extradition.

It's not interpol's job to arrest Thaksin. Interpol does not have authority to issue arrest warrants in any country. They simply coordinate and circulate information among various countries police forces regarding international criminals and fugitives. It's still up to each country to put up charges and issue arrest warrants. The Red Notice simply tells people: "this guy is among the most wanted people in XXX country", you might want to keep an eye on him.

If the fugitive is say, a know pedophile or terrorist, most countries have international agreements and a legal framework to arrest these guys and extradite them for crimes committed abroad. But at present, on Interpol's notice it simply says that Thaksin is wanted for misconduct in the Ratchadapisek Land deal, which is not the kind of offense that can get you arrested in a foreign country. If the Thai authorities were to prosecute him for say, inciting violent revolt, other countries might have a legal basis to arrest him. For now, they haven't pushed it so far, whether because they lack evidence or don't wan't to worsen the conflict.

On the other hand, is completely up to each country whether they give him or deny him a visa, and of late not so many countries want him visiting. It would be a funny turn of events if Thaksin was indeed visiting Germany and got caught on a tip-off. I guess entering the country in secret or under a fake identity counts as a felony over there, so he could be arrested for that. Likely they would just kick him out, but there is small chance they might extradite him to Thailand.

"He didn't say Thaksin is a persona non grata or that he is banned".

Mazeltov, sorry but if you re-read the OP, the German Ambassador is directly quoted as follows :-

Thaksin was banned from Germany as he illegally obtain one-year residency last year, the German envoy said in a telephone interview.

also

"So far, we are not aware of movement of former Prime Minister Thaksin to Germany since he has been banned," he said

So he did say Thaksin has been banned, twice, and he gave the reason for it, would you not now agree ? :)

Wish I could quote directly the OP within my post, and simply highlight the relevant lines for you, but forum-rules don't allow.

It's not interpol's job to arrest Thaksin. Interpol does not have authority to issue arrest warrants in any country. They simply coordinate and circulate information among various countries police forces regarding international criminals and fugitives. It's still up to each country to put up charges and issue arrest warrants. The Red Notice simply tells people: "this guy is among the most wanted people in XXX country", you might want to keep an eye on him.

Well, I'll go to the top of our house!

So there is at least two of us here who understands the remit of Interpol and how it works.

so many charges against him seems impossible to keep running around, rich or not. so far in literally two days it has been reported he was headed to: switzerland, germany, austria, cambodia. one report early on (BK post) mentioned he twittered he was remaining in dubai. maybe he does this to create an elusive blur of his whereabouts. I smell the karma coming his direction soon. you can only run with your tail between your legs for so long!

and you can't blame Thaksin that the FM or certain news papers spread false rumours about his whereabouts, like that he is in Cambodia. he can't be a that evil mastermind to have that under control too, he isn't Dr. Mabuse.

in Germany he would probably get arrested/charged for the violation of immigrations laws or illegal border crossing, not sure what consequences that would have that in his case. it is likely that he will get told that he have to leave the country at the same border where he was coming from.

an extradition to Thailand will probably not happen. it is actually save to say. it will not happen.

the one spreading false rumors is THAKSIN! From his own phone. Thought with all his phone scam schemes he'd know a little more on how to be a clever weasel. Guess not. "yeah, I'm going to Germany." "Ok, I'm going to Switzerland."

Well, I'll go to the top of our house!

So there is at least two of us here who understands the remit of Interpol and how it works.

Make that 3. :)

I see he's a loved man our Mr Thaksin, banned from Germany, wanted in Thailand, not wanted in London or Dubai. Sad really. :)

I guess it doesn’t really matter if Germany would look for our best friend in his red shirt. He could walk through the streets of Amsterdam, sitting in coffee shops, crossing the border to Germany fifty times a day and nothing would happen. Well, maybe they’d find some cookies, or some already rolled ones, that’s all.

The whole information from the nation is a joke.