General Introduction

Ozaemon

Hi fellow anglers,

my name is Oz and I have been on Thaivisa for sometime now but only recently discovered the forum's section on fishing so I'd like to introduce myself to the community.

I am a Thai national, I work for a magazine, I am a big fan of lure fishing (especially giant snakeheads) and I am a Bangkok resident.

Pleased to meet you all, :)

Oz

G'day Oz my names jay and i live in Phuket, Rawai, vice pres of the Rawai Beach Fishing Club and owner of the club house (AJ's Bar & Bistro), (mods: not trying to promote my place just sharing who i am), anytime your in Phuket drop by, we salt water fish mostly but fishing has gone down the drain due to no commercial fishing regulations.

What type of magazine do you work with?

Next time i am in BKK would enjoy a bit of fishing with you.

Tight lines and screaming reels,

Jay

hi everyone and thank you for the warm welcome.

@ Sevenhills, G'day to you too mate, I used to go to school in Australia. In fact, it was in Australia that I caught my very first fish, a tiny little bream off the beach lol! It didn't matter, to me it was one of the proudest moments in my life.

@ Jay, I write features and restaurant reviews for a lifestyle and entertainment magazine. I've heard about the saltwater fishing restrictions over the radio. Looks like you're going to have some hard months a head of you.

@ lfactory, The place I got most often is the Bang Prah reservoir in Chon Buri because it's the closest place to home. The snakehead there are usually quite small but you do get the occasional monsters once in a while. A lot of times I would go to the Kaeng Krachan reservoir when I have the time to plan a 2-3 night trip. Are you a lure fisherman yourself lfactory?

Oh no, I am stationed right here in Bangkok.

Kaeng Krajan actually has no house boats, this is because of their very strict water QC. Although unlike Bang Phra there are hotels right on the water as well as motorised longtail boats that you can contact to take you to the fishing locations.

Sangkla Buri? what an awesome place to fish!