What Is Your Budget In Thailand?

kevbomac05

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, we (wife and myself) live in Sukhumvit. Rent was 105,000/month until a year ago and now it's 125,000 a month (excluding electricity charges)

I really don't calculate this too often but it seems like we spend around 250 - 300,000 a month total.

There has been hundreds of these threads and it always turns into a bitching contest of how much richer people ar nd how the <deleted> could some poor peasant live on a mere 200,000 bht, just spend what you think is right and dont worry what the Jones's next door are doing.

There has been hundreds of these threads and it always turns into a bitching contest of how much richer people ar nd how the <deleted> could some poor peasant live on a mere 200,000 bht, just spend what you think is right and dont worry what the Jones's next door are doing.

wow 125,000 for rent

that is ridiculous

wow 125,000 for rent

that is ridiculous

indeed, when u could rent a town house in a nice part of town for the same money, for a year. Or for a years rent u could build a house.

Probably a troll anyway

Yes another bitching contest, but this one sets a new record, with 5 postings it already started :)

It seems I've had this discussion recently, and it didn't go over too well for me. I live in Chiang Mai, and very cheaply, but it's not for everyone. The term "cheap charlie" comes to mind, but I think I'm about two steps below that according to many here. I know full time teachers here that started at 20,000 a month and live better than I do. It's all a matter of what you're used to and what you expect out of life. Life here in the north is cheaper by comparison, but everybody has their own "standard of living". Evidently some people have stated that I have "no standard", but it works just fine for me. :D A nice newer 2 bedroom house in the country here can run you less than 10,000 a month if you don't mind a bit of a drive into the city. From there you can go as crazy as you want with it. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me, but I'm done discussing lifestyles and budgets in open threads. :)

I suggest browsing the real estate classifieds here on TV. You can narrow your searches by city and compare prices.

wow 125,000 for rent

that is ridiculous

Bah forget about renting a place....when the apartments I bought in Samui 125 years ago are finished I will be living like the millionaire I was born to be. :)

For now 500 Baht a month.

500 baht a month?

did you pay off your house or

anyways im only 18 im and i can support my self by playing online poker so

i think i will end up renting either a apartment or house in chang mai

Playing poker online, in Thailand... invest first in a stable and reliable internet connection. :)

Estm. monthly costs. Single. Bangkok.

Rent: none as own but management fee/repairs/cable tv: Baht 5k

Utilities(elec/internet/water/drinking water/land line tel) : Baht 3k

Transport (taxi/BTS/MRT/moto-taxi) : Baht 3k

Health insurance/meds/supplements/vitamins : Baht 4k

Basic groceries(veggies/bread/milk/wash powder Etc.) : Baht 6k

Various:sport and equ for same/PC stuff/clothes/gifts : Baht 4k

So about 25k/mth in base costs. Entertainment, eating/drinking out will add at least 15-20k to that - but can be adjusted depending on income :)

Cheers!

For now 500 Baht a month.

500 baht a month?

did you pay off your house or

anyways im only 18 im and i can support my self by playing online poker so

i think i will end up renting either a apartment or house in chang mai

Playing poker online, in Thailand... invest first in a stable and reliable internet connection. :D

The intermittent connection is there to make the poker game real exciting.... :D:)

wow 125,000 for rent

that is ridiculous

The norm for executive places in Bangkok.

And that's not even near the top end, apartments can easily get twice as expensive as that in Bangkok. There are many foreigners here on an expatriate corporate package, as many of my friends' parents were when I went to high school here.

> i think this will be a good thread with information about the different cost of living in different parts

More than the part of Thailand it depends on your own lifestyle and priorities. You're 18 and single. I'm 40 with a mortgage and a kid in school.

Not... same.. even though we both live in Chiang Mai. :)

When I was like you my budget was 15,000-20,000 baht a month and that didn't feel cheap. Currently that amount just about pays for kindergarten and running costs of the cars.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I got this far and lost interest as Whichschool is right. We all budget and live according to our income and quality of life needs, so such comparisons are really statistically meaningless.

I have a monthly income of 500.000THB. I have 5 Bedroom and 3 Bathroom Park view Penthouse where i do live with 3 of the most beautiful Nana Girls all year long in a 5m x 5m waterbed. I also have a 3.000cm FullHD TV hooked up on a 18.1 Souround Sound and the new Playstation 5000.

.....shit, i just woken up in my cockroached apartment. I guess a Nana Girl had me drugged yesterday with Xana.

Folks, it really doesn't matter how much money you have and where you come from. Just be a good buddy to your friends and family.

Edited by Lammbock

Those were the days. Back when the Pound was high I used to make 500k to 750k a month. Blimey! I can't believe how much she spent looking back. I'm actually much happier now making that a year, with careful budgeting and strict spending than I ever was during the boom years.

I have a monthly income of 500.000THB. I have 5 Bedroom and 3 Bathroom Park view Penthouse where i do live with 3 of the most beautiful Nana Girls all year long in a 5m x 5m waterbed. I also have a 3.000cm FullHD TV hooked up on a 18.1 Souround Sound and the new Playstation 5000.

.....shit, i just woken up in my cockroached apartment. I guess a Nana Girl had me drugged yesterday with Xana.

Folks, it really doesn't matter how much money you have and where you come from. Just be a good buddy to your friends and family.

LOL. And a gardener that speaks 23 languages, a few extra terrestrial languages excluded + hyperbraggard Gibberish (not to mention the fact that the missus received the nobel prize eight days per week!? :D

Wait, wait, dont tell me she's an anthropologist as well..? :D

However, I live on the bottom of a lake, and I work 28/hours day, eating a fistfull of cold gravel etc. etc....you get the picture. :)

Well, we (wife and myself) live in Sukhumvit. Rent was 105,000/month until a year ago and now it's 125,000 a month (excluding electricity charges)

I really don't calculate this too often but it seems like we spend around 250 - 300,000 a month total.

I guess that would be on the lower price range of rentals in sukhumvit area and only having 175000 left after rent you must find it hard to afford a good night out.

You know it mate. It's a troll anyway :)

I guess that would be on the lower price range of rentals in sukhumvit area and only having 175000 left after rent you must find it hard to afford a good night out.

I just moved here recently so it's not the greatest place really. I'm saying we do end up spending 300k.. we have pretty good nights out with 175k imo :)

anywhere from 35.000 to 70.000 per month when i live in Thailand half in Bangkok half in the sticks. :)

find it hard to spend more than 50000 per month then I do not drink or smoke but do lavishly take care of family members, food, travel. :D

spend on average 50000 per year on clothes but then I know where to buy. :D

travel economy except when I get upgraded. this happens when I don't even ask?. :D

don't push it live your life as it comes,thinking about money screws your life up just live within your means. there have been times iv spent 300,000 per month. but then i could afford it now i live within my means. like a lot of people my investments and pension were screwed these last few years.

you only have just one life. :D

I can say iv done most things most men dream of doing and Notting to do with woman live and be happy. :D

I'm 54 now :D

i have realised it's a two-way bitching and the bitchings (evidence this thread too) is "troll", "how is it possible to spend that much money?" dominates and culminates with postings such as "even if i had the money i wouldn't spend that much... would be happy in a small house... wouldn't drive a car that costs 4 million baht."

:)