Is Bickering A National Pastime In Thailand?

IanForbes

Steady on there Never. It was my mum who made his mum's combat boots. :D

Thats Mr Never to you :D

Ian,

I havent seen any examples of what you are talking about brother. Anyway, this is a poorly written thread and your mother wears combat boots :D

You missed an apostrophe. :D

and, I knew that, to you. :)

You can't seem to quote properly either.

Thanks for the giggle, guys... and gals. I'm too busy having fun to complain. And, even when I KNOW I'm being taken advantage of, it's a small price to pay for such enjoyment. I know the day is coming when I CAN'T have this much fun for so little cost. Fortunately, I have enough to live on if I mind my budget. I only splurge when when I know I have enough money to cover the cost.

I KNOW some of my lady friends think I'm an ATM machine, but that works both ways. I can always shut off the source when I want to. We always have a joke about it and nobody gets their feelings hurt. And, it's MY decision, and not regulated by some lawyer.

Jum_012.jpg

Hard to realize that this was BOWLING party with a group of friends.

Bowling_party_1.jpg

Bowling_party_10.jpg

Bowling_party_9.jpg

You always look happy, Ian.

I like that first picture. Her hands and your hat tell most of the story there...

Raise a glass to the posters who like to disect every photo!

Reminds me of the Churchill Photo when Europe was getting divided up and his Bowler hat could have been a sheath!

Ian,

I havent seen any examples of what you are talking about brother. Anyway, this is a poorly written thread and your mother wears combat boots :)

You missed an apostrophe. :D

Good job. Its always nice to help others improve. I like the way you let the poster puzzle over where to put it (as it were).

SC

Looks like he's putting on weight. :)

As an armpit fetishist however, I do appreciate the last picture.

It depends on what time of the year I take the picture. I always put on weight in Canada where I eat my own cooking. But, I gradually lose weight when in Thailand because of my Thai diet. I fluctuate between 180 pounds and 190 pounds. I'm 6 feet tall. You guys can do the math to convert to kilograms (or stones if you're from England). I weighed 175 pounds when I was 20.

Looks like he's putting on weight. :D

As an armpit fetishist however, I do appreciate the last picture.

It depends on what time of the year I take the picture. I always put on weight in Canada where I eat my own cooking. But, I gradually lose weight when in Thailand because of my Thai diet. I fluctuate between 180 pounds and 190 pounds. I'm 6 feet tall. You guys can do the math to convert to kilograms (or stones if you're from England). I weighed 175 pounds when I was 20.

Oh yeh, sure, it must be the diet :D

Seriously though, I know what you mean...i always put on 5 kgs when in Oz.

Anyway im glad to see your happy snaps mate, its a nice change from all the bickering that goes on here..

BTW :):D:D Those stunners are gettin even better you old fox :D

How DO you DO it??? :D:D

Just a quick question Ian...where do you get your hair cut? They do a great job. I think I'll go for that 'low maintenance' style very soon. At the moment, I have to tell people that my bald spot is not actually a bald spot...I tell them that it's a solar panel for a sex machine. My O My you have a large 'solar panel' :) Does it work?

Even worse, it appears that the inability to admit being wrong is an irreversable disease.

Very true amongst a number of posters.

Surely it's a lot easier (and bigger) to say " Sorry my mistake " or go in for a bit of self depreciating humour rather than either simply ignore the issue and not bother giving the courtesy of an apology or enter full attack mode to try to cover for making a fool of yourself.

I remember once politely correcting a poster about something to do with Khon Kaen. Something along the lines of " I think you'll find...."

Received a PM from him saying " I suppose you think you're a f#cking Thai expert..."

No. But I'm not a complete and utter <deleted> either.

Just a quick question Ian...where do you get your hair cut? They do a great job. I think I'll go for that 'low maintenance' style very soon. At the moment, I have to tell people that my bald spot is not actually a bald spot...I tell them that it's a solar panel for a sex machine. My O My you have a large 'solar panel' :D Does it work?

:):D:D

always a crack-up our kangorito

Im also sick of the baldspot and considering an "Ian" haircut..and it seems to be working for him :D

My question to Ian is how often do you need to shave it??

I guess with Ians bevvy of beauties he would have no probs finding a volunteer :D

Can we get back to picking on Neverdie?...i really enjoy a good picking on Neverdie day. :D

Good idea eek.

At least we get to see beaut pics of Ians bald head and his barrage of babes,

I cant recall anyone seeing pics of Neverdie, kinda reminds me of Charlies angels, (first series,for those old enough to remember) :)

Err..that would be the one where the charlie character lands his detective girls in all sorts of hoohaa, all the while he's hovering around in the background with his mug strategically hidden :D

Can we get back to picking on Neverdie?...i really enjoy a good picking on Neverdie day. :)

Oh that's naughty eek he's alright, But I do have a pic of him when he was younger

:D

post-97356-1269444395_thumb.jpg

Ian's photos of lots of young Thai girls gathering around an old farang are great.

Yes, I know you're trying to make a 'subtle' point Ian, but it goes way over most forumers head. :)

Edited by F1fanatic

The only point I'm making is if you are always laughing and joking you can have a lot of fun no matter HOW old you are. Staying fit is another good thing. And, I'll ask you... has anyone EVER had a party like that at a public bowling alley anywhere but Thailand? The bowling alley brought in the music and we took turns bowling and dancing. I know you can't even buy beer in a bowling alley back home. And, if you did, the cops would be outside to arrest you when you went to ride home.

And, we started the day off at the local lake... Huay Tung Thao.

Eating_at_lake_2.jpg

I always find the impromptu parties the best...

Impromptu_party_1.sized.jpg

• 3 months later...

Since this thread was written there seems to be hardly enough bickering going on in Thai visa..:coffee1:

well,i should say amusing bickering anyway..its sometimes good to have a laugh on a rainy day:giggle:

So,being bored and couped up inside, does anyone know of some amusing recent posts with lots of bickering?:P

BTW Ian, if you should be inhouse, the guys in pic 3 of post 40 looks suspiciously like that of David Purcell....something your not telling us??? B)

It doesn't seem to matter how nicely, or properly worded a post is written, there are always a few who take great delight in taking potshots at the poster.

If everybody was 'lovey dovey', this site would be boring & have at the most, half the membership it currently enjoys.

Of course, it must be remembered that many people here are 'non workers' & as such, they have lots of time on their hands. What's the old saying: 'Familiarity breeds contempt'.

BTW...perpetual happiness is a myth. Anybody who is always 'happy' is a liar unto themselves. This is only incorrect if the person involved is not actually a person...perhaps they are a 'god' or in some other way, super human? A robot?

Also, this website performs a valuable function for some, which is 'frustration release', whilst in a similar way the website incites frustration.

Such is the 'human condition'.

Edited by elkangorito

I think a lot of people who were unhappy in their own country, end up here. Unfortunately, they bring their jaded side with them.

Perhaps a parallel to the Buddhist analogy to the dog who has fleas and moves from place to place - thinking that it leaves them behind.

Sometimes some of the postings remind me of that old joke about a semi-siient order of monks, in which only one monk can stand up and say something every five years:

In the first ocassion, a Monk gets up and says "I don't know about the rest of you but I think that the food here is dreadful', and then sits down.

Five years later, a second Monk gets up and says. "I beg to differ, actually I think that the food here is wonderful." an sits down again.

A further five years elapse, and yet another Monk gets up and says "I'm outta here - theres too much bitching going on".