Visa To The Us - Can't Get An Appointment

Hi All,

I just wanted to say that I was FINALLY able to book an appointment online. The appointment became available at 9.03am (surprisingly not at night like previously reported), three days became available. At 9.06am only 1 day was left and I was able to book the time I needed.

It really looks like they are running out of appointment possibilities very quickly.

I am not sure if this is helpful but I did use Google Chrome beta version 5 with the "Page Auto Refresh - Version: 1.0.1" extension installed (which refreshed my Visa schedule page every 20 seconds). I kept 1/3 of my screen with the visa schedule page open and continued working on the 2/3 of the screen. After almost a week and half, I was able to spot the appointment and finally got lucky.

Good luck to others who are still not able to find an appointment! This definitely taught me to NEVER try to get a visa in March, it seems that trying to get an appointment in January is much easier as reported in other threads.

GJ

• 1 year later...

I am now having this problem trying to schedule a Non Immigrant visa for my wife for a short trip to the US. The calendar only goes out two months and there are never any appointments available. Purchased a PIN on-line and then another one to call the call center. The only advice there is to keep trying. Here is the site for the appointments: NIV appt site. Is anyone successfully getting appointments now?

(Also sent in an email, no response). This seems really hokey... Advice appreciated!

Right now it's extremely tough to get an appointment, I've been trying. When there to register my son's birth a few days ago the officer doing out interview said the high demand is the result of a work exchange program the US has pushed at Thai universities and they're swamped taking around 150 appointments per day.

Right now it's extremely tough to get an appointment, I've been trying. When there to register my son's birth a few days ago the officer doing out interview said the high demand is the result of a work exchange program the US has pushed at Thai universities and they're swamped taking around 150 appointments per day.
That is good info to have. Once their system gets totally swamped they should allow for appointments in more that 2 months and let the chips fall where they may. I would be perfectly happy to get an appointment in 1 year, that way I could plan for the trip. Well anyway thanks for the info will keep checking.

• 2 months later...

I would like to share my experience with VisaPoint and hope it helps others attempting to secure an appointment.

We had been attempting to secure two appointments since March 2011. Finally, both appointments were scheduled on June 28 at approximately 2:30 AM Bangkok local time. After authenticating with VisaPoint, I expected the usual - no appointments open yet. However, to my surprise, there were several days available within a two week period in July that opened for scheduling. A few of the open days even had multiple time slots for which to schedule the appointment (7:15AM, 1PM, 2:30PM).

For those who keep logging onto VisaPoint to schedule an appointment only to be disappointed by unavailable dates, I would suggest authenticating onto VisaPoint around the equivalent time and day of the week as mentioned above. Theoretically, one could note when blocks of days are opened on a periodic basis and perhaps predict when the next block will open, but I leave this as an exercise to the more intrepid.