Sattahip Beach Recon

manarak

I've searched the forum and the internet for nice beaches near Pattaya, and a beach near Sattahip, inside the military perimeter has been mentioned several times.

Driving directions given by people were always very vague, and I wasn't even able to trace the route using satellite photos.

I couldn't find any good photos either, not to mention that there were many photos of obviously different places all labeled "Sattahip Beach".

The beach is said:

- to be clean (no trash)

- to have with fine sand

- to have clean & clear blue water

- to be very shallow (good for children)

- to be situated inside the Sattahip naval base grounds

- to have plenty of parking space

- to have drinks and food available

- to be visited by numerous Thai families with children on weekends

Sounds absolutely perfect, doesn't it ?

Some say the beach costs 10 baht access fee, others didn't mention a fee.

I would like to precisely locate this beach, so I have attached a satellite photo of the Sattahip Area on which I added 10 locations, numbered from one to ten.

If you know where this beach is, can you please pinpoint it by telling the number?

Thank you!

post-67243-1269609939_thumb.jpg

Edited by manarak

I was down that way with the misses recently and the beach we went to we had to go through an army checkpoint and show some form of ID.

I had a nice peaceful afternoon with not a beach seller in sight.

If you do go to this beach take your own seating as the beach caters mainly to Thai's who don't worry to much about deck chairs or loungers being available.

Here are a few pictures i took but don't ask me for any directions as on this occasion i was a back seat passenger and never took that much notice of the route.

post-36162-1269617926_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269617971_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269617999_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269618033_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269618088_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269618126_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269618181_thumb.jpg

Edited by nam-thip

Beach 6 is cheaper at 20 Bt per car for carpark, and another 20 Bt for the second carpark.

Photos in post 4 are from Sai Kaow beach (Beach 3) which is at Kilo 167 coming down Sukhumvit. Entrance beside overhead walkway. Charge is 60 Bt per farang and 30 Bt for Thai. Children 10 Bt. Deck chairs are 30 Bt of which 10 Bt is refunded on return of deckchair. Lovely beach when the tide is full, as per the photos. A bit of a walk, and little depth when the tide is out, but good for young kids to make sandcastles etc.

Both beaches are very clean.

Enjoy

I was down that way with the misses recently and the beach we went to we had to go through an army checkpoint and show some form of ID.

I had a nice peaceful afternoon with not a beach seller in sight.

If you do go to this beach take your own seating as the beach caters mainly to Thai's who don't worry to much about deck chairs or loungers being available.

Here are a few pictures i took but don't ask me for any directions as on this occasion i was a back seat passenger and never took that much notice of the route.

It does look really nice.

It has been a few years since I was down there but I will make the effort tomorrow.

Here's another beach i found south of Pattaya on the northbound side of the Sukhumvit road when i followed a sign that read "Sun, sea and sand"

The resort on this beach has a nice restaurant overlooking the beach which i've dined at a couple of lunchtimes, a very nice location.

You can stay the night at the resort but it doesn't come cheap, especially the bungalows on the beach of which i can't find a photo.

post-36162-1269688455_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269688484_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269688519_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269688559_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269688674_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269688703_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269688726_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269688746_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269688763_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269688783_thumb.jpg

Edited by nam-thip

Really nice beach i.e in the military area. Unusually for Thailand there are even signs not to play loud music and create too much noise which is a welcome change. It's possible to stay there too overnight although the chalet style lodgings are very basic and have no electricity as far as I remember. Don't think it is overly expensive but can't remember price.

These are the photos i couldn't find (On a CD) of the beach bungalows at the beach resort down the Sukhumvit road when I followed the sign for “Sun, sea and sand”

You can see Pattaya in the background

A nice place to take your lady for a couple of days.

post-36162-1269690764_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269690784_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1269690804_thumb.jpg

Edited by nam-thip

I'll take a shot at directions. Sorry I can't be more specific, this is all from memory.

Heading south out of Pattaya, you'll pass the Ambassador Hotel in about 15 minutes. After the hotel, you'll pass through Baan Amphur. Continuing on another 5 or 10 minutes, you'll pass Nong Nooch Gardens on your left. Another few minutes and you'll come to a traffic light for the turn into Bang Saree (a small town with an ok beach). You'll see the sea on your right as you head into and out of Bang Saree. Next you'll come to a pedestrian walkway just south of Bang Saree--just a few kilometers. Just past that, I believe, is the right turn to the beach. You'll see soldiers guarding it. You stop just past the soldiers in a parking lot and go inside and give them your passport or a Thai person's id. After that, you just follow the road through another checkpoint for about 5 or 10 kilometers to get to the beach which has a bunch of buildings and a stadium and a large outdoor pool. On the left side of the beach you'll find the songtaews to take you into the more secluded beach, Sai Kaew.

Edited by Jimmyd

Had Sai Keaw beach.

It's already been said that once you see the overhead walkway you need to look for the right turn that takes you to the army check point.

When you arrive at the army checkpoint and leave some form of ID like your passport or driving licence you’re around 5 kilometres from Had Sai Kaew beach which is over the mountain.

You can drive directly to the beach (mon-frid only) the road is a decent one and when you arrive there’s parking for around thirty vehicles both motorbikes and cars.

Note:

Monday to Friday you can drive directly to the beach.

Saturday and Sunday you have to park your vehicle and travel by Songteaw.

As the beach is used by Thai’s at the weekend and the parking area at the beach can only accommodate around thirty vehicles you have to leave your vehicle just inside the entrance and travel to the beach by Songteaw which i think costs 20 baht each.

Food can be purchased at the small beach restaurant but is mostly if not all Thai.

A deposit is required on your fork, spoon and plate if the food is delivered to you on the beach which is refundable on the return of the plate etc.

Edited by nam-thip

the one i went to not sure of name think it was nang lam, either way go past u tou pao airport you will see the fuel dump on the left, its a left turn after that. paid 20 baht for the car. water really clear, we went sunday very busy