90 Day Visa, Moving To Work?

Hi, I am moving to Thailand in less than a month. I will be teaching English in Bangkok. Due to the new rules when my initial visa runs out, and whilst waiting for my work visa i will have to make numerous runs to Cambodia to renew (not too hard, but not fun!). Could you tell me how the 90 day visa works, and any hints or tips you may have?

Thanks

Sure. Have a backup plan to the teaching gig. Bring lots of money. Put it into the local markets to avoid country risk and then strap on your safety belt. Thailand and it's neighbors are in take off position.

It is not really clear as to what Visa you actually have.

Is it a Tourist Visa, A single entry Non Imm O or a Multi Entry Non Imm O?

If a Multi Entry Non Imm O you have to leave every 90 days and return to get another 90 days.

If a single you will only get 15 days on return by land, 30 days by air and cannot work.

You also need a Work Permit to work, not a Work Visa.

A scouser teaching English....LOL...Alright there larr....only taking the p*ss...I am a scouser as well from a long way back...

No such thing as a work visa, you need an appropriate visa either a Non-imm B or Non-imm O + a work permit.

The school should supply with the receipt for the WP application and a stack of other paper work for you to submit to the embassy to justify the issue of your visa.

If you qualify for extension of stay, you will not need to do 90 day visa runs.....if you dont you will be "visa running" every 90 days