Abhisit

bangkokrick

Just watching Thai TV with the debate.

Why on earth did the Reds go on TV with this guy? He has been educated at one of the best universities in the world, where they debate daily at a very high level and is up against some plough pushers from up North.

You have cremated yourselves reds because you just cannot match this guy. You should have kept your arguments to the street if you wanted any success. Very bad move in my opinion. By the way Jatupurrn you just received another SMS.

Cheers Rick

Edited by bangkokrick

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am sure everyone in the Red camp will cheer as he talks stupid. But at least the rest of country may realize who these leaders are and what really drive them.

If I was government I would pay them more than Thaksin to have the work for the Government

well they have not done to bad so far, he has had to move house and they have got him around the negotiating table, they also got the troops to move away. not bad for a bunch of non violent plough pushers. jaw jaw always beats war war. im betting he backs down on his time scale for elections. as the plough pushers asked if you think you are the legitatement prime minister lets have an election now, if you win we will go away. sounds fair to me. but of course he knows he would probably loose.

well they have not done to bad so far, he has had to move house and they have got him around the negotiating table, they also got the troops to move away. not bad for a bunch of non violent plough pushers. jaw jaw always beats war war. im betting he backs down on his time scale for elections. as the plough pushers asked if you think you are the legitatement prime minister lets have an election now, if you win we will go away. sounds fair to me. but of course he knows he would probably loose.

Dream on. The Government have the mandate of the people and not just a small minority of blert shirts. Anyway you missed my point as to how articulate Abhisit is.

He also offered to hold a national referendum on whether or not he should complete the 1 year and 9 month remainder of his term. The Red negotiators had no response to that which I believe is telling.

Edited by lannarebirth

He also offered to hold a national referendum on whether or not he should complete his 1 year and 9 month remainder of his term. The Red negotiators had no response to that which I believe is telling.

I agree very telling. They were outclassed big time and they should never have gone on TV if they want to keep their credibility. This just shows how smart they are.

Anyway I don't give a rats arse who wins but I do admire Abhisit and the way that he debates. Abhisit moved the troops because he wants to avoid confrontation and if the red shirts attack, the whole world will see that they are wrong. The PM has done all he can to avoid any violence. .Again smart move.

Cheers Rick

He also offered to hold a national referendum on whether or not he should complete the 1 year and 9 month remainder of his term. The Red negotiators had no response to that which I believe is telling.

A national referendum is a good idea and the only way to go to avoid more problems.

He also offered to hold a national referendum on whether or not he should complete his 1 year and 9 month remainder of his term.

True.

It could also be argued that his refusal to hold an early election is equally telling.

The next election is in 2011 is that not soon enough? OK there should be an election every year? This is about Thaksin and the red shirts are just a vehicle.

Cheers Rick

He also offered to hold a national referendum on whether or not he should complete his 1 year and 9 month remainder of his term.

True.

It could also be argued that his refusal to hold an early election is equally telling.

hmmmm other than he didn't refuse to hold an early election I see nothing wrong with the above post :-)

True.

He IS offering to hold an early election though he is not constitutionally compelled to in any way. Year end he offered, nine months.

True.

The next election is in 2011 is that not soon enough? OK there should be an election every year? This is about Thaksin and the red shirts are just a vehicle.

Why not an election if he's that confident? He could actually try and win one and get a true mandate of the people. Until that happens, there will always be a fair percentage of the populous that won't accept him and his party.

Is it that much more costly/complicated than a referendum?

True.

He IS offering to hold an early election though he is not constitutionally compelled to in any way. Year end he offered, nine months.

That would seem fair enough then. Hope it happens and the losers abide by the results whichever way it goes.

True.

Why not an election if he's that confident? He could actually try and win one and get a true mandate of the people. Until that happens, there will always be a fair percentage of the populous that won't accept him and his party.

Is it that much more costly/complicated than a referendum?

LOL -- even if he wins there will be a fair percentage of the population that will be paid to not accept him :)

The fact is that you aren't talking about facts :D Fact: He didn't say no to early elections and did in fact propose to hold elections a year earlier than they are required. Perhaps you should read up on tonight's meeting between the 3 leaders of the Reds and Abhisit and his 2 helpers :D

Don't forget that the real problems will surface in May when schools start. Most of the red shirts have probably spent all their money and no money for their kids to attend school. Things can get ugly if the gov isn't prepared for this.

You don't go into the ring unless you think you have a chance of winning. The reds did and lost as was expected. Why did they go into the ring?

Cheers, Rick

Nobody won and nobody lost the debate.

There was no result.

Which again was expected, but Abhisit came across as an eloquent and educated man compared to the sickly smiles of the 'I don't know how I am going to answer this' red shirt fraternity.' God I wish my phone would ring'.

Cheers Rick

Well let's see if Abhisit delivers on new elections and dissolves the House. If he does this and everyone accepts results of next elections I think problem solved. :) Reds Win and thai people win!

He doesn't have to deliver on it brit. They turned his offer down. I assume its off the table if the Red side doesn't agree.

Well let's see if Abhisit delivers on new elections and dissolves the House. If he does this and everyone accepts results of next elections I think problem solved. :) Reds Win and thai people win!

Why should he dissolve the house? He is the elected Thai Pm under Thai law. Just because a few thousand People say that he should? Look for the silent majority because they won't be silent for much longer. See today at the Siam BTS most Thai people are sick of this.

Cheers, Rick

Why should he dissolve the house? He is the elected Thai Pm under Thai law. Just because a few thousand People say that he should? Look for the silent majority because they won't be silent for much longer. See today at the Siam BTS most Thai people are sick of this.

Cheers, Rick

You kinda have to be in Thailand to really have any clue. Brit doesn't believe a thing he types ... he just types.