Multiple Entry Ed Visa At Consulate Near Thailand

Dear all,

Does anybody know whether it is currently possible to obtain a multiple entry ED visa at a consulate in one of the countries bordering Thailand? I will be in Kuala Lumpur in the next few weeks and it would be great if it were possible to do it there, but I've heard different stories about it.

If not, what is the nearest country where I could go without having to fly out of Asia or back to Europe?

Thanks a lot.

Will usually be single entry visa within the region, as are then expected to then extend permission to stay at Thai immigration with paperwork from school; 90 days a time if studying at language school, 12 months if studying at University or government sponsored school. Can obtain re-entry permit(s) from immigration to preserve time remaining on permission to stay if planning to travel. No border runs but would have to report address to immigration every 90 days.

Perth is probably the nearest consulate that will definitely issue multiple entry Non-Ed visa with supporting paperwork - link here. Would require border runs every 90 days.

Thanks for that Thaiphoon...I was actually thinking of Hong Kong, or China mainland, they have consulates in Kunming, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Chengdu ang Guangzhou, which is not too far. But I have never heard whether somebody tried and managed to get a multiple entry ED at those locations.

If somebody knows something about it please let me know. I will try to call them and find out. And then update this post with my feedback.

Thanks Yunnie,

Do you mean Vientiane? That would be great! When did you ask? Was it recently? Because so many people are saying that they wouldn't do it...

And I'll be studying at a Language school, not University, would that be good enough?

Edited by pulfabio

• 3 weeks later...