Holiday Visa To Hong Kong And China

Hi,

I would like to know if a Thai requires to apply visa for holidaying in Hong Kong and China? How many days are required to apply for the visa and where? Also, where and how long is required to apply for a passort for them to travel abroad?

Thanks!

Fried Perry

Hi all,

If my thai friend travel to Hong Kong and visit Shenzhen (Guangzhou), China. Does she requires VISA for both Hong Kong and Shenzhen or only Shenzhen? We will be meeting in Hong Kong and then take a car to go to Shenzhen. In this case, need to apply visa? Cheers!

Fried Perry

Edited by 7by7
Post move from old topic to this one.

HK will issue visa on arrival, but if it is a new passport with no previous visits and the holder doesn't fit the profile of a bona fide tourist, they have been known to refuse entry.

For mainland China, a visa will be required - applications at the Chinese Embassy, obviously.

for a thai female travelling alone and if she is single and young might encounter some problem at the port of entry in hkg....

many people there are quite myopic, many times they tend to assume the worst....

likewise, many a time, they deserve a slap on their faces.... for being a doubting thomas....

when asked by the immigration--WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR VISIT....?

my young friends just loved to put them at their place.... by quietly showing them a neatly bundled brand new personal endorsement from president franklin.... :)