Private Car Rental With Driver?

dotx

I need a car to get from Bangkok to Hua Hin but the deposits asked from car rental companies are ridiculous (600+ USD). I don't have a credit card, so that would mean letting them take that much money from my debit card, which then takes 2-3 weeks to give me the money back when it's released from hold. So I was hoping it would be possible to rent a car (with a driver?) some other way. The thing is, I have two dogs and lots of bags that are coming with me in the car, so ideally, it would be a mini-van or something of that size so there's enough space for all of us to move in there. Is there any way I can find a service like this somewhere? Any recommendations? I'm arriving in Bangkok mid-May but would like to organize something well in advance.

Thanks. I sent an email to orientalescape.com and hopefully will hear from them soon. I'll try Googling travel agencies as well. I don't have a hotel, since I won't be staying in Bangkok at all. I'm arriving directly from Hanoi and was hoping a driver would pick me up at the airport and take me directly to Hua Hin.

You Could try orientalescape.com they are a very reliable transport / travel operator based in bangkok.

take a look at the website. it will also give you a quote, you will also have to send them an email regarding taking your animals in the van.

orientalescape !

They do not want customers with dog, i did email them.

i find the best way to do it, is to contact company base in huahin, see some site huahin pages, i did have some positive reply emails.

I do not have numbers or contacts name, did not use them in the end!

How much would the car rental cost? They can charge you against the deposit when you return the car. Same way a hotel does it. They get an authorization number and then use that number when you check out. This means the remaining money is automatically once again available in your account. The only way you would wait weeks for the funds to be available again is if they didn't ever use or cancel the authorization.

Edited by BKKer2010

I just got an email back from Orientalescape and they told me dogs are ok. They will charge me an additional 1,000 baht for "cleaning fees," which is fine.

You Could try orientalescape.com they are a very reliable transport / travel operator based in bangkok.

take a look at the website. it will also give you a quote, you will also have to send them an email regarding taking your animals in the van.

orientalescape !

They do not want customers with dog, i did email them.

i find the best way to do it, is to contact company base in huahin, see some site huahin pages, i did have some positive reply emails.

I do not have numbers or contacts name, did not use them in the end!

Edited by dotx

Unfortunately, that's not how they do it (I asked!). What they do is put a hold on your card for the security deposit (all companies I checked charge 20,000 for the deposit). They don't just take the number, they block the amount on your card. If you have a credit card, it's not a big deal and you get the money back as soon as they release it (when you return the car). On a debit card, however, they can't "hold" the money. They actually have to charge you for that amount and then return the money to you, rather than releasing it. My bank takes 2-3 weeks to process the return, which it's a long time to be out of 600USD for a one-day car rental!

How much would the car rental cost? They can charge you against the deposit when you return the car. Same way a hotel does it. They get an authorization number and then use that number when you check out. This means the remaining money is automatically once again available in your account. The only way you would wait weeks for the funds to be available again is if they didn't ever use or cancel the authorization.
Edited by dotx

That is the receipt i got from my email, the reply i got the following day was they do not allow dog, perhaps is it because i ask for a car not a minivan. They did not propose me an alternative, i add in my email: he will have a shower and brush the day before & he is 10 kilo pug

I am sorry for my post number 6 if i am wrong!

I did not keep the email they send me as it was no use to me!

Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 2:54 PM

To: sorry private info

Subject: Automatic message from www.orientalescape.com

Dear Mr.private,

We send this email to you to confirm that we received your inquiry.

We appreciate the urgent nature of your request, and will respond your inquiry by email as soon as possible.

You can also find the answers to commonly asked questions in our Help Center.

Thank you very much for showing an interest in our services. We look forward to providing you with a most enjoyable travel experience.

Sincerely,

Oriental Escape Team ) +66 (0) 2881 8710, +66 (0) 2881 8711

2 +66 (0) 2881 8712

+ [email protected]

J Monday - Friday 10:00-18:00 h. GMT+7

That is the receipt i got from my email, the reply i got the following day was they do not allow dog, perhaps is it because i ask for a car not a minivan. They did not propose me an alternative, i add in my email: he will have a shower and brush the day before & he is 10 kilo pug

I am sorry for my post number 6 if i am wrong!

I did not keep the email they send me as it was no use to me!

Oh, no. The response I got was a specific email addressing mine. They mentioned the price for picking me up at the airport in Bangkok and driving me to Hua Hin in a 8-10 passenger van (for private use, of course). They mentioned the price included driver, tolls and gas and that they would charge an extra 1,000 for the dogs. When did you talk to them about this? Maybe they just changed their policy recently?

Edited by dotx

saturday 27 / 02 / 2010 and they reply negative on monday

Perhaps it is a new policy, implement the last few weeks ?

Take it with a grin, 2 dogs and a lot of luggage the deal is in your favour! Try to ask the driver about old / new policy cars and minivan