Thai Woman Just Married A Swiss Citizen

Hello there.

We have a case in our work place that our woman employee got married to a Swiss citizen. Now she will need a new Thai citizen's ID and a new passport. With that she needs to submit a copy of her marriage certificate. The problem is the marriage certificate is in Swedish.

Questions:

1. Does the Swiss embassy provide a translation service for official documents, like marriage certificates?

2. Does the Swiss embassy provide a service to certify that the marriage certificate is official and correct, for the translated document?

I did a search already on the forum, it wasn't useful. I made some calls to the embassy, it was difficult to get through. Regardless, I would also like to compare notes and experiences of those on the forum and gather suggestions.

Sam

It would appear that your co-worker got married in Sweden since the marriage certificate is in Swedish. I would ask the Swedish Embassy what their procedure is for certifying/legalizing documents. Verify just where the marriage took place, I could be wrong in my interpretation of things.

Edited by InterestedObserver

It would appear that your co-worker got married in Sweden since the marriage certificate is in Swedish. I would ask the Swedish Embassy what their procedure is for certifying/legalizing documents. Verify just where the marriage took place, I could be wrong in my interpretation of things.
Sweden and Switzerland are 2 different countries. Noone speak swedish in Swiss

Sweden and Switzerland are 2 different countries. Noone speak swedish in Swiss

Do tail....DAAAAAA :)

:)

I couldn't understand the whole text, because Switzerland and Sweden are two different countries. Swiss people speak German. (Mostly, and hard to understand...) Swedish guys speak Swedish.( Sounds like IKEA…) But it took a long time to get the story..... :D

People who can't get married, for example in Germany or other European countries like Switzerland for many reasons can drive to Sweden to get married. That's mostly when the Immigration is already involved. I guess he couldn't get married in Switzerland.

If that's the case, it could be very hard to bring her to Switzerland, believe me. Ask the Swiss embassy and you might save a lot of cash…..Good luck. :D

P.S Sorry, wasn't sure if she'd like to stay here or travel abroad......

post-39518-1270639143_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sisaketmike

• 2 weeks later...
Noone speak swedish in Swiss

Except for Swedes residing in Switzerland and/or those who learned Swedish by other means and are residing in Switzerland

plus those Swiss who got married to Swedes and or lived in Sweden and learned Swedish there. :)

Sorry I couldnt resist as this all makes no sense to me anyway.

First of all you should verify if the certificate is indeed in Swedish because if the maariage has been registered in Switzerland it will be in German and titled as "Eheschein". It could of course also be in French or Italian depending on the region. Second use a translation service to get it translated and certified for example through TVExpress (see earlier post). If the marriage certificate is official, you can get the translation certified as "true" at the Swiss embassy.