Good Indian Restaurant

ChiangMaiFun

Thought I'd update you - went along to the Royal India - to be honest it was dirty, the tables awful and the menus encased in plastic 100 years old - yuk! just could not eat there - so went to the Delhi restaraunt around the corner which was marginally better - although they had never heard of vegetable Birani and had no Kingfisher (a real let down) me and my girl had a fairly decent meal there - but I have to abandon all hope of a decent Indian meal in CNX.

I notice that Taste of Heaven has an Indian selection - but I don't like it there as they levy a 10% service charge and I avoid restaraunts that do that - preferring to give to the staff myself.

Hi

I mentioned this post to my neighbour who, though not a TV user, is the owner of Taste of Heaven vegetarian restaurant in Thapae Rd (if it's the same one,

don't know as I've never been) and he assures me that there is no 10% service charge (if we're talking about the same place)

David

Thought I'd update you - went along to the Royal India - to be honest it was dirty, the tables awful and the menus encased in plastic 100 years old - yuk! just could not eat there - so went to the Delhi restaraunt around the corner which was marginally better - although they had never heard of vegetable Birani and had no Kingfisher (a real let down) me and my girl had a fairly decent meal there - but I have to abandon all hope of a decent Indian meal in CNX.

I notice that Taste of Heaven has an Indian selection - but I don't like it there as they levy a 10% service charge and I avoid restaraunts that do that - preferring to give to the staff myself.

Hi

I mentioned this post to my neighbour who, though not a TV user, is the owner of Taste of Heaven vegetarian restaurant in Thapae Rd (if it's the same one,

don't know as I've never been) and he assures me that there is no 10% service charge (if we're talking about the same place)

David

Hi David - yes it's the same one - and I can assure you I eat there with my date and was charged 10% 'service charge' in addition to the bill - I queried this with the staff and they said 'you don't need to leave tip because of service charge' this was on Sat 17th it was on the receipt - wish I kept it - I aslo said to the staff 'not your fault but I don't like service charges I prefer to tip' and they said 'sorry not our fault owner decide'. So there you have it - not sure if a mis-understanding or what.

• 1 year later...