House Dissolution Won't End Conflict : Anand

webfact

Then the law need to be changed ... or applied equally to other parties as well .

Personally I believe it needs to be changed , a personal opinion of course

Well there then. I haven't formed a strong opinion about whether or not the law should be changed, but I can certainly understand the arguments for changing it.

And this is exactly what the Abhisit government tried to do for eight months, at the request of the PTP and coalition parties for the purposes of reconciliation, only to have the PTP back out at the last minute because Thaksin objected.

It is also why the Democrats would like to see the constitution amended before the next round of elections so that no side can come out later and scream bloody murder.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah no dems nor any other parties but the PPP MPs were ever caught buying votes :):D:D

You used to post truths and sought knowledge and constructive debate. What happened to you? Now your posts have descended to outright lies.

I guess the red-infection has spread to you as you are now following their tactics. It is sad when a person must resort to lies and half-truths to make their point or justify their position.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

"PERCEIVED electoral court abuse" ... not actual court abuse.

Are you suggesting that NOT following the law is more democratic?

Perceived or actual , it depends on your shirt colour of course .

In this particular case yes i do .

That's what the courts here have been doing for years. Finessing verdicts, massaging results, trying to walk that "middle path". Instead of following the law and establishing their credibility they spin webs that manage to upset everyone.

What counts at the end of the day is the number of MPs , so stick to that

Exactly. That's how the system works.

Correct, and the system says that the MPs vote for the PM. And the majority of MPs voted for Abhisit as PM.

Yes and made only possible by the PPP banned as a result of a court ruling .

If such thing happened in my country , everyone would be in the street

protesting .

Well in that respect Thailand is not much different as we can all appreciate .

By the way i suppose that you find military coups perfectly alright ? :)

More lies from you. If you have evidence that the judges were paid or instructed to ban the PPP present it now. Otherwise you are making a statement of fact that has no factual basis. That makes your statement a lie.

The court had no discretion to act otherwise. Executives of a party were caught on video red-handed committing electoral fraud. There were no mitigating circumstances. The law required the dissolution of that party. And they were dissolved, along with a couple of other parties.

Then the law need to be changed ... or applied equally to other parties as well .

It was applied equally to other parties. No other parties executives were caught committing electoral fraud.

So you think the laws need to be changed so that political parties can commit more electoral fraud? Strike one for democracy!

Nah no dems nor any other parties but the PPP MPs were ever caught buying votes :):D:D

:D

They were all caught buying votes.

Its only the PPP who got convicted of the offence.

All the others had the evidence thrown away it seems.

Why would the coup appointed EC and the EE want to find only PPP guilty ? Any reason ? :D

TiT

protesting .

If there were protests in your country because a political party was punished for blatently breaking the law ... maybe that's why you like Thailand.

It was applied equally to other parties. No other parties executives were caught committing electoral fraud.

So you think the laws need to be changed so that political parties can commit more electoral fraud? Strike one for democracy!

:D

Why would the coup appointed EC and the EE want to find only PPP guilty ? Any reason ? :D

TiT

likewise :D I wonder

:)

TiT

likewise :D I wonder

Don't you guys ever read anything????

Even though it's explained 100 times.

Even though you respond to the explainations.

You don't actually read what they say.

No wonder you never learn.

TiT

Levelhead. I expect lies from you so that's okay. You just go on ahead. I suggest you read up on what precisely the law is, which non-executive representatives were banned, and which executives caused their parties to be banned. The truth is out there and it is only a couple of mouse clicks away. But I'll lay some serious odds on your not doing that. I suspect you'd rather continue posting your inaccurate and uninformed drivel.

protesting .

If there were protests in your country because a political party was punished for blatently breaking the law ... maybe that's why you like Thailand.

Such undemocratic laws do not exist in my country . Simply because they would be unfair .

We had on rare occasions some MPs that were corrupt and they had to resign , but not their

party been banned . What clownery is that ?

Similarly according to your views when Nixon was impeached (he resigned just before)

the republican party should have been banned .

Interesting views ...

protesting .

Of course you excuse a military coup so i dont expect much objectivity from you .

TiT

Levelhead. I expect lies from you so that's okay. You just go on ahead. I suggest you read up on what precisely the law is, which non-executive representatives were banned, and which executives caused their parties to be banned. The truth is out there and it is only a couple of mouse clicks away. But I'll lay some serious odds on your not doing that. I suspect you'd rather continue posting your inaccurate and uninformed drivel.

You do not seriously expect me to talk about the smaller parties do you ?

CT and PP and others were in allegiance with the PPP, I class them all as PPP under those rulings.

If you want to say "It was only the PPP and PPP coalition linked parties" then I can, but really, if people do not know that then why are they here discussing these issues ?

I expect lies from you, and the other Yellow shirt posters on here.

Pure lies designed to hide the reality.

TiT

Were those laws put in place by the military junta that came just after the "legal" :D military coup ?

protesting .

Of course you excuse a military coup so i dont expect much objectivity from you .

No. I don't excuse the coup. It was illegal. As were the other 15 or so before that.

But it happened and there have been elections and life has moved on.

TiT

Were those laws put in place by the military junta that came just after the "legal" :D military coup ?

What difference does it make if the party was disbanded? The executive were banned because they were involved in the electoral fraud. Only a few MPs were actually banned. All the other moved over to the PTP. And the PTP could have still formed a coalition government.

TiT

Yes that "illegal coup" that nobody has ever been convicted of treason for holding.

Just like the airport closures, no convictions.

Anything the Yellow's do, be it illegal coups or whatever, nobody is dealt with by the LAW.

They are immune, just like the Democrat Party..... immune, they can do anything they want and they are immune from any prosecution it seems ?

protesting .

By the way i suppose that you find military coups perfectly alright ? :D

No. I don't excuse the coup. It was illegal. As were the other 15 or so before that.

But it happened and there have been elections and life has moved on.

Oh really you surprise me . Yes well its so easy to forget the umpalatable is it not ?

If the coup was illegal the generals have been court martialled i suppose :)

Yes life move on... influenced by that coup and the EC partial rulings (if one consider

the favorite treatment of the dems )

TiT

Yes that "illegal coup" that nobody has ever been convicted of treason for holding.

Just like the airport closures, no convictions.

Anything the Yellow's do, be it illegal coups or whatever, nobody is dealt with by the LAW.

They are immune, just like the Democrat Party..... immune, they can do anything they want and they are immune from any prosecution it seems ?

From where i seat yes it would seem like double standards . Well no red leader has been charged yet as far as i know but thats because they cant catch them :D:D:D . Slippery folks

protesting .

PARTIES DONT BREAK THE LAW . INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS DO

protesting .

hmmm I am starting to see an old pattern here ....

protesting .

Yes. He doesn't understand that laws to stop corruption are a good thing.

I expect lies from you, and the other Yellow shirt posters on here.

Please quote a lie that I have made. Truly. If you can find one I will publicly apologize forthwith and retract that statement immediately.

Don't you realize that people's lives are at stake here?

Do you not feel any moral duty to find the truth and stick to it?

Opinion is fine, everyone is entitled to their own.

But facts are facts. To blatantly invent facts to support a point is both dangerous and disgraceful.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Anand in stating the obvious shocker. Division doesnt go away until all isdes agree on a new rule book. If one side imposes a set of rules the other sides wont accept it. Elections until this is all agreed upon will just be to see who has a bigger advantage in setting the rules or in a worse case scenario a group trying to impose its own set. In such a divided country there is an arguement that a new constitution should be voted up by 50% in every individual region as well as an overall majority. The reality is thsat the split is regional. If 50% were needed in each region that would enable say the Isaan or the South to veto any extreme and would likely result in a moderate set of rules everyone could accept. It would also take the ground out from under any of the nutters on any side.

Still nothing sensible has been done for 5 years so far so...... guess its lunatic extremism and hatred rather than what could work and be good for people

I am from Undon so I guess I must be a red shirt, but 5 years ago I came to Bkk and got a job at 4,000 baht a month, I worked hard for a rich Bkk Family and send most of the money home to my family.

I never once made trouble for the family that paid me, I just worked hard, the harder I worked the more money I made and soon was making 8,000 baht a month

When I met my western husband he helped me decide to go out and open my own business, and slowly and with a lot of hard work it got better and better, now I own 2 shops and looking at opening a third.

The hours are long but I make good money and do not have to ask 1 baht from my western husband, now I employ 4 girls from my home town, so we send 4 times more money back home. I look after my family and put my younger brother through University.

These so called Rich Bangkok people you are protesting against use my shops and pay me money which I send back to Udon both through myself and also my staff.

Hurt the Thai elite no way, I have like many others learnt to use them to help my family,

Imagine if all the red shirts who are causing all the problems got up and did what I and many of my friends have done how much money would be flowing back to Udon

Wake up my brothers and sisters of Udon you are being used, this is not about our people, this is about a select few who are using you for their own financial gain.

Protesting, violence, is not the way to a better Udon

The real way is to take the advantage the Bangkok gives us, work hard and educate our younger brothers and sisters, I can tell you now, no promise you now, our time will come when we will rule Thailand, but because we worked hard and deserve it.

What you are doing to day is setting a example for tomorrow, You are the creators of tomorows problems

I ask my and your Budha to open your eyes to the real truth

I ceased to believe it when her salary so rapidly went from 4000 to 8000 baht per month working for a wealthy Bangkok family.

Sorry to be cynical, but does anyone else have any anecdotal evidence of such increases in essentially minimum wage earnings?

I was moved and shocked when i read the story that  my_Thai_wife had to face worst insults at this board. I can imagine what happen, softly she spoke her innocent voice and other board members, foreign guest in Thailand, got mad at her for it.  

Bangkokian are normal daily life people, like you and me and in the broader sense the red shirts actually too. I want to express my support for her case and opinion. She has the right to do so. Such first hand accounts are the icing on the cake at this web board.

I recalled that earlier this week i came across of a post where the shaking cat was telling my_Thai_wife stories. Back then didn't pay much attention, but today i saw she has interesting things to say. So i went back, to read the older entries. Indeed interesting too, i am amazed by her story and how 'She has yes changed in many ways'.  

A real people story that brings the life into our talks about politics. That my_thai_wife started to write her own comments is nice for a change. A colorful contrast to the boring as usual trading of moot points and ignored exchange of insults.  

New Politics reforms will also come with a reform of the media.

People like my_Thai_wife should be in the News and on Television and talking about what politics mean to them, talking about the importance everybody can have as a building block for the Nation state building.That, when all know their right place, will be beautiful palace and strong fortress  ready to accommodate and shelter the people protect. Television instead set the false role models, broadcast video clips of SingAsong Arisman on rampage or soap operas with an average of one bad acted nervous breakdown every 3 minutes. The young people will learn nothing if they continue to watch the later.

Edited by kissdani

I am from Undon so I guess I must be a red shirt, but 5 years ago I came to Bkk and got a job at 4,000 baht a month, I worked hard for a rich Bkk Family and send most of the money home to my family.

I never once made trouble for the family that paid me, I just worked hard, the harder I worked the more money I made and soon was making 8,000 baht a month

When I met my western husband he helped me decide to go out and open my own business, and slowly and with a lot of hard work it got better and better, now I own 2 shops and looking at opening a third.

The hours are long but I make good money and do not have to ask 1 baht from my western husband, now I employ 4 girls from my home town, so we send 4 times more money back home. I look after my family and put my younger brother through University.

These so called Rich Bangkok people you are protesting against use my shops and pay me money which I send back to Udon both through myself and also my staff.

Hurt the Thai elite no way, I have like many others learnt to use them to help my family,

Imagine if all the red shirts who are causing all the problems got up and did what I and many of my friends have done how much money would be flowing back to Udon

Wake up my brothers and sisters of Udon you are being used, this is not about our people, this is about a select few who are using you for their own financial gain.

Protesting, violence, is not the way to a better Udon

The real way is to take the advantage the Bangkok gives us, work hard and educate our younger brothers and sisters, I can tell you now, no promise you now, our time will come when we will rule Thailand, but because we worked hard and deserve it.

What you are doing to day is setting a example for tomorrow, You are the creators of tomorows problems

I ask my and your Budha to open your eyes to the real truth

I ceased to believe it when her salary so rapidly went from 4000 to 8000 baht per month working for a wealthy Bangkok family.

Sorry to be cynical, but does anyone else have any anecdotal evidence of such increases in essentially minimum wage earnings?

I was moved and shocked when i read the story that my_Thai_wife had to face worst insults at this board. I can imagine what happen, softly she spoke her innocent voice and other board members, foreign guest in Thailand, got mad at her for it.

Bangkokian are normal daily life people, like you and me and in the broader sense the red shirts actually too. I want to express my support for her case and opinion. She has the right to do so. Such first hand accounts are the icing on the cake at this web board.

I recalled that earlier this week i came across of a post where the shaking cat was telling my_Thai_wife stories. Back then didn't pay much attention, but today i saw she has interesting things to say. So i went back, to read the older entries. Indeed interesting too, i am amazed by her story and how 'She has yes changed in many ways'.

A real people story that brings the life into our talks about politics. That my_thai_wife started to write her own comments is nice for a change. A colorful contrast to the boring as usual trading of moot points and ignored exchange of insults.

New Politics reforms will also come with a reform of the media.

People like my_Thai_wife should be in the News and on Television and talking about what politics mean to them, talking about the importance everybody can have as a building block for the Nation state building.That, when all know their right place, will be beautiful palace and strong fortress ready to accommodate and shelter the people protect. Television instead set the false role models, broadcast video clips of SingAsong Arisman on rampage or soap operas with an average of one bad acted nervous breakdown every 3 minutes. The young people will learn nothing if they continue to watch the later.

for F***sake - this is about the House Dissolution not about your wonderful and soft spoken Thai wives - they have been lucky and worked there way out of poverty - great - now can we move back ON TOPIC

for F***sake - this is about the House Dissolution not about your wonderful and soft spoken Thai wives - they have been lucky and worked there way out of poverty - great - now can we move back ON TOPIC

I can see how the discussion of how One Thai sees a way out for the country as a whole would disturb you. The posts in question are on topic, the rants about them are not.

The topic, though, does quote some of the leading Thai elder statesmen and they do suggest that your call for this government to be dissolved and new early elections to be immediately called is a BAD idea :)

Yes. He doesn't understand that laws to stop corruption are a good thing.

Law stopping corruptions are a good thing

But if you want to cure a flu you dont kill the patient .

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Thai-...s-30126738.html

Thai Journalists Association, Thailand Cable TV Association condemns blockade of PTV broadcast, closure of website The Thai Journalists Association and Thailand Cable TV Association Thursday issued a joint statement to condemn the government's blockade of the PTV's satellite transmission and the closure of www.prachatai.com.

The joint statement said the actions were unconstitutional and double standard law enforcement.

The Nation