Baggage Weight Limit....

mizzi39

Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there has experience with this. I will be flying to the States along with my wife and our 18 month old son in the next 2 weeks. I looked on Koreanair's website about their baggage policy. It says a maximum of 20 kilos. per bag. Can I pack one big big duffel bag for the three of us or will I have to pay more if I go over the weight limit for this one bag. I know the obvious would be to pack two or three separate bags keeping them within the weight limit, but just thought i would ask.

Thanks in advance. Mizzi :)

Airlines say: can't add more - gives problems for the luggage handlers.

Customer say: But your weight limit use to be 35kg.

Airline say: we change policy

Customer say: But you allow 35kg for elite members, I thought you change weight because baggage handlers.

Airlines say: can't add more - gives problems for the luggage handlers.

Customer say: But your weight limit use to be 35kg.

Airline say: we change policy

Customer say: But you allow 35kg for elite members, I thought you change weight because baggage handlers.

Thanks, this answered my question. 2-3 bags it is. :)

Edited by mizzi39

I came over here on 2 different airlines recently. My bags were weighed for sure. The lady checking me in Laughed as I was right at the limit...said I must have weighed the bags earlier. True! On the trip over here, we were allowed 2 bags each at that limit. Plus, we could have one carry on. So, we had 3 bags each.

Most airlines - per bag, and you can't combine weight with other parties. I was over 5kg and had to shift it to another bag. :)

I would tend to disagree on combining weights. Fly to Clark from swampy. Travelling with a friend and his bag was over weight (by a few kilos) and mine was underweight. CEBU combined the weight.

Interesting that CEBU weighed our hand luggage and then stuck an approval sticker on it, as within limits.