That Special Drink

Gonzo the Face

Why DIET 7-Up, Gonzo? The chemicals in artificial sugar is worse for you than real sugar... unless it's just the different taste you like.

With alll due respect Ian, come by for a visit and we can have snack & chat.... and I will explain to you why Diet 7-Up or other diet drinks or any other of the "what is good for you, what is bad for you foods.... do not matter a hellofalot to me....

If it makes me happy , makes me feel good, and I like it..... then its for me....

Whether it puts pounds on me , is no concern of mine..... thats a problem for my pall bearers.... if they can't carry me ,,,,, get 2 more...

:)

More seriously, do stop by,,,,, it'd be good to meet you

gonzo

Why DIET 7-Up, Gonzo? The chemicals in artificial sugar is worse for you than real sugar... unless it's just the different taste you like.

thats not true. I believe that aspartame was highly carcinogenic as well, but I am no longer in that camp. Also, obesity is a much larger concern than ingesting carcinogens, and drinking pure hfcs is a good way to get obese/diabetic etc., not to mention things like cavities...

I would like a soda stream!

My aunt was clinically obese. She had lost one hip under the weight. The French have the best health care in the world.

She was carted off to a fat farm, for re-education.

I cared for her for a year, she lost ALL her excess weight.

Her diet: Mainly massive pots of boiled vegetables, lean meat: rabbit; fish...the odd binge on cheese here and there.

but most strikingly, the docs advised MASSIVE quantities of caffeine free, sugar free, fizzy drinks..

this bloats the stomach and triggers the 'satisfaction' feelings that you get with a full belly.

strange but true.

There are Dr Peppers I think at Rimping or Kasem store but not the Diet ones.   

No diet 7up I've ever seen, we used to have diet Sprite for a while but I guess it's just not what the local like.

I want my diet DR PEPPER! :):D

They do have root beer here another brand,

I'm sure ive seen Dr Pepper, will check/

There are Dr Peppers I think at Rimping or Kasem store but not the Diet ones.
No diet 7up I've ever seen, we used to have diet Sprite for a while but I guess it's just not what the local like.

In Rimping yesterday NO DR. P.

Dr Pepper is nothing like root beer.

I would think that discriminating drinkers like Gonzo would also be clamoring for Diet Tonic Water (like I am). It takes only 2 or 3 gin and diet tonic drinks to get used to it; being sure to add a real lime chunk well squeezed. Think of the calories not ingested. And the psychological benefit of diet over regular is immeasurable.

Dr Pepper is nothing like root beer.

They have MUGS Root beer. :D

....gee thats nice to know , I'm sure, but do you know where I can get some diet 7-UP ????

well you take a can of regular 7-Up - two mugs - and pour half a regular can into both then top up with water - Hey Presto! half the calories... neat na? do-it-your-self diet 7-Up - that must earn me 'most useful tip of the day'? :)

....gee thats nice to know , I'm sure, but do you know where I can get some diet 7-UP ????

well you take a can of regular 7-Up - two mugs - and pour half a regular can into both then top up with water - Hey Presto! half the calories... neat na? do-it-your-self diet 7-Up - that must earn me 'most useful tip of the day'? :)

You must know that god hates smart a-ses, good suggestion but! :D

well you take a can of regular 7-Up - two mugs - and pour half a regular can into both then top up with water - Hey Presto! half the calories... neat na? do-it-your-self diet 7-Up - that must earn me 'most useful tip of the day'? :D

i can always remember a guy on a beach in the Bahamas selling coconut water in regular and diet form, havn't been able to find the the diet version anywhere else :):D .

Just some input to those looking for Root Bear...... they sell it at Makro.... A & W yet...... pretty good stuff if you can hack the sweetness..... no sweeter than it used to be but just seems like it if you haven't had it for some time.

Loved it when they still had the old A & W shops where you could pull up in the car and the car-hops came out with your order and hung it on the car window..... the greatest coney dogs....

dam_n I am getting hungry now ...... talk to you guys later.... off to the kitchen

gonzo

Just some input to those looking for Root Bear...... they sell it at Makro.... A & W yet...... pretty good stuff if you can hack the sweetness..... no sweeter than it used to be but just seems like it if you haven't had it for some time.

Loved it when they still had the old A & W shops where you could pull up in the car and the car-hops came out with your order and hung it on the car window..... the greatest coney dogs....

dam_n I am getting hungry now ...... talk to you guys later.... off to the kitchen

gonzo

A&W used to make me burp like crazy

Trying to think of even one caffeine free, sugar free fizzy drink.

Not sure if they make it any more, but they used to make a caffeine free and I think it was diet,,,, COKE

It used to be in a gold and red can..... pretty good stuff....

gonzo

nah, i like mine fully leaded

Trying to think of even one caffeine free, sugar free fizzy drink.

Not sure if they make it any more, but they used to make a caffeine free and I think it was diet,,,, COKE

It used to be in a gold and red can..... pretty good stuff....

gonzo

nah, i like mine fully leaded

I always laugh. Triple cheeseburger and DIET ANYTHING. Fully leadwd it is. :)

Ahh, Gonzo.

What a wonderful stroll down Memory Lane.

Not only were the A&W carhops on rollerskates lovely....how about the frozen mugs that the concoction was served in?

You're in Bakersfield in the summer, the asphalt is melting, 110 in the shade......ice cold A&W root beer.

Those were the innocent days, before Beer Leo..... :)

With alll due respect Ian, come by for a visit and we can have snack & chat.... and I will explain to you why Diet 7-Up or other diet drinks or any other of the "what is good for you, what is bad for you foods.... do not matter a hellofalot to me....

If it makes me happy , makes me feel good, and I like it..... then its for me....

Whether it puts pounds on me , is no concern of mine..... thats a problem for my pall bearers.... if they can't carry me ,,,,, get 2 more...

:D

More seriously, do stop by,,,,, it'd be good to meet you

gonzo

I'll do just that, gonz, if I make it back to Thailand alive. Right now I'm back home in Canada. I expect to be back in Thailand come November... just so long as I'm vertical or horizontal by choice. :)