Entry To Thailand With Singleway Ticket, Ok?

Andreas84

I have heard stories that people who try to enter Thailand without a return ticket, are sent back to their country when arriving in Thailand. Even a travel company suggested that I buy a cheap ticket from Thailand to Malaysia, which I can show upon my entry to Thailand as a return ticket. But at the Thai embassy in Norway, they say that I do not need a return ticket upon arrival, as long as I have a visa for Thailand in my passport, from the embassy. They said people are only sent back if they request a visa upon arrival (15 or 30 days), and have no return ticket...

Any input on this? Is it safe for me to enter with a touristvisa in my passport and a singleway ticket, or is it better I buy a cheap return ticket, just to be certain there will be no problems?

The Embassy gave you good advice, allot of airlines won't take you without either a ticket out of the country within 30 days or at least a 60day tourist visa in your passport from the embassy.

If you are coming for a holiday though a return ticket is far cheaper than two one way tickets anyway.

I entered in Feb 2009 with a one way ticket and had no problems. Then again, I was leaving Saudi Arabia with a visa expiring that same day so they weren't taking any steps to hold me up. Also a US citizen eligible for 30 day tourist visa on entry. YMMV.

I came here 5 Dec without a visa or a round trip ticket and had no problems. JC has it correct, the airlines are the problem sometimes, being the return trip ticket means more money ( my point of view). I also like the fact that being married to a Thai I can use the Thai passport desk, getting through customs is so easy.

• 3 weeks later...

It should be mentioned, that upon entry to Thailand, one is requested to fill out a form, including the flight number for the return flight (or perhaps onwards flight?). A passenger told me that if the arriving flight is in example f133, the return flight will simply be one number higher; f134. That is what I did when filling out the form, and there were no problems with this at the airport.

I also want to post the answer I got from Air Berlin, about this topic:

Apart from the tourist visa, normally a confirmed onward-passage or return ticket is also required for entry.

If you have booked only a one way flight to Bangkok, it can be happen that our colleagues request you to book also

a return flight.

You can also find further information on our homepage. Please use the following link:

http://www.airberlin.com/site/service/immi...G=eng&of=TH