Flights

Yes.

Try to fly with the first or last flight, those are cheaper.

You have to book through internet if you want those discounted tickets.

Or go the scenic route.

Take a bus or train to Chumphon. Maybe stop somewhere along the route like Hua Hin.

From Chumphon take a boat to Koh Tao, Koh Phangan and finally to Samui.

It will be a geat trip and cheaper than a one way ticket with Bangkok air.

Edited by Khun Jean

Discounted tickets on the internet, are 2000 baht fare each-way, 4000 + tax in total, and out at 06:00, return 23:10.

Travelling at a decent hour it adds up to 7000 baht.

I wonder if it would be cheaper to pick up a ticket in Bangkok, any opinions?

Or maybe I should stop being a cheap charlie and just book it!

why not fly to surat thani with thai airways then ferry to samui. the air ticket usually includes a bus transfer from the airport to the ferry & the ferry ticket to samui. not sure of the actual cost but is considerably cheaper that bangkok airways & you can fly at anytime you want in the day (not too late though or you'll miss the last ferry to samui) check it out with a travel agent in los

why not fly to surat thani with thai airways then ferry to samui. the air ticket usually includes a bus transfer from the airport to the ferry & the ferry ticket to samui. not sure of the actual cost but is considerably cheaper that bangkok airways & you can fly at anytime you want in the day (not too late though or you'll miss the last ferry to samui) check it out with a travel agent in los

I would be interested in knowing the price of this!

I would be interested in knowing the price of this!

Not completely sure , but i think it is around 3000 bath area 1 way . That is 1000 bath cheaper then BKK Air .