Hotels In Nakhon Pathom

phetaroi

WHALE HOTEL is old and weathered, typical THAI hotel in that sense. River hotel on the main road is better. and there is a few small hotels which are nicer. Why are you looking at Nakhom pathom, how long etc.

Allan

WHALE HOTEL is old and weathered, typical THAI hotel in that sense. River hotel on the main road is better. and there is a few small hotels which are nicer. Why are you looking at Nakhom pathom, how long etc.

Allan

Hi. If the political problems calm down (and this morning I'm beginning to wonder), I want to spend a few days in the province just going to some of the more out-of-the-way places. Get the feel of the countryside and get the feel of the town. If I do so, I don't want the commute between BKK and NP. Just a convenience thing to not waste time driving. But, I don't like to stay in crummy hotels (been there, done that, hate it).

River Hotel?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
River hotel is fine, get one of the larger rooms. Rose Garden is nice too but farther from town.

You could also inquire about staying at Uniland Golf Course, they might have some offers. The rooms are quite good and the food there is also ok. We have stayed there several times.

Salaya Pavilion has been renovated and extended recently and is quite luxurious, clean and friendly.

It's on Mahidol university's campus and has bus, train and taxi service as well as a decent selection of eateries in walking distance (train station is a 4 minutes bus/taxi ride).

There is a buffet restaurant as well.

Traffic-wise Salaya Pavilion is probably the best option as you can reach Bangkok (Pinklao and Banglamphu) via an elevated (but free) expressway. Express minivans depart regularly to Central Pinklao and Pata (around 20 baht) and the university's direct bus transfer from and to Wongwienyai BTS is around the same price. Check schedule here: http://www.muic.mahidol.ac.th/eng/?p=4852

From Salaya you can take the highway to NP (15 minutes) or a lovely back road along rice paddies through Nakhon Chaisi, a nice and relaxing place with a city centre of mainly wooden houses and cheap but good restaurants at the river. Salaya train station is very close and a very good option to go to NP (and on to Kanchanaburi).