Thai Protesters Brace For Crackdown As Compromise Rejected

webfact

it is call revolution or civil war !!!! not terrorism .

in _reality_, it does not matter that much what kind of poetry you attach to... a lot of suffering.

The reality is that the significant majority of Thais I have come across in Korat, Buriram and Surin provinces don't actually give a <deleted> and are bored with what is going on in Bangkok.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, thank you to the Reds and Thaksin for destroying Thailand.

Abhisit will go down as the most educated Thai Prime Minister who (as often is the case with intelligent people) had no common sense whatsoever. He has already lost so why not just go for a good old British compromise where noone loses face. Where the buffalo smiley when you need it?

So what would you have him do.....give in to these thugs :)

This situation could be resolved by negotiating and compromise on all sides, the Reds have offered a compromise, the Army is telling Abhisit to negotiate the yellows are not happy with his handling of the situation, doing nothing is not an option for him. Trying to end it by force will leave a huge body count so is not an option, it has to be done by negotiation and fresh elections. He would not be giving in to anyone just trying to do the best for Thai people which, after all is his job.

Guess you have not been keeping up on the news, he already had talks with the REDS and tried to negotiate things, he agreed to a new election later this year, but the reds dont agree and what an unrealistic time frame of less than 1 month. impossibly to do this the right way, so at this point you cant reason with the Reds and have no choice but to do exactly what he is doing.

Well I guess we should choose the most popular option. Others. Almost twice as many people selected none of the above compared with house dissolution. Now if we can get a poll that tells us what the Other options were we might know what to do next.

Others may indicate a preference for:

Winner take all rock, paper, scissors tourney

Turning rally site into new province with Som Tam as it's official OTOP product

Re-opening the malls and luring protesters away with midnight madness sale

Buying 10,000 tickets on Thai Air to Dubai

50% off at the malls Midnight - 0400 would do it. Not because it would be " luring protesters away " but because of the Yellows with credit cards. If anything like Black Friday in USA the reds would be overrun.

(sorry for my english)

Stop pretending you're not just another reincarnation of the existing red PR machine.

i'm not red. just want to understand why yellow can govern the country when the lost democratic elections but doing it occupying the country in the same way as the reds are doing now, and call reds terrorist when they can't govern the country even the won elections.

tell me this is a yellow Dictatorship for Thailand own good, and i will understand and stop posting questions.

but don't tell me the yellow are holding on for the democracy.

Democracy has Greek root: Demo=people, Crat=rule

If people want Thaksin, give him to them. that is democracy

Who wants Thaksin? Guess you dont realize 95% of the red shirt protesters are being paid to be there and have no idea what is really going on. I had a few of my workers from my factory in issan go to BKK to protest because they were paid 2000 baht, then when they came back they said they only went for the money, they were upset too because they were not allowed to leave until the leaders said they could.

This too would not be democracy as it would just be paying people to support you.

the yellow shirts bangkok taipans paid their normally red shirt isaan workers 5000bahts each to wear yellow shirts and asked them to protest against their "brothers" in bangkok.

either way, looks like being from isaan after all has its plus points at this time.

the yellow taipans are finally realising they must never exploit the reds at the workplace. :)

the yellow shirts bangkok taipans paid their normally red shirt isaan workers 5000bahts each to wear yellow shirts and asked them to protest against their "brothers" in bangkok.

either way, looks like being from isaan after all has its plus points at this time.

the yellow taipans are finally realising they must never exploit the reds at the workplace. :)

Even IF there are no red shirts being paid just to be there, they are still only a minority.

These were taken on the 2nd or 3rd gathering here of the multi-colored shirts whose numbers have grown significantly in their rallies while the red mobs numbers have gone down considerably. Anyone who denies these facts are delusional.

23602_1425217036432_1412942257_31106672_3989359_n.jpg

23602_1425216956430_1412942257_31106670_7020746_n.jpg

that's because the red shirts sent some of their members to these yellow shirt rallies doning yellow shirts.......

just like vice-versa

:D

not quite....the yellow bosses paid their cheap isaan workers to wear yellow and join their anti-red protests besides threatening the isaan workers that they may lose their jobs if they do not put on yellow shirts as demanded. :)

not quite....the yellow bosses paid their cheap isaan workers to wear yellow and join their anti-red protests besides threatening the isaan workers that they may lose their jobs if they do not put on yellow shirts as demanded. :)

But the reds did that, so can't the yellows do it too?

(sorry, I get so used to the standard "But the yellows ..." that I couldn't help myself.)

What Thais think as opposed to the bloodthirsty foreigners here.

Result of the Suan Dusit Poll conducted on Thursday and Friday

of 1269 Thais across the country.

Preferred options to solve the crisis between the Government and the UDD.

Negotiations to find acceptable conditions...27.5%

House dissolution....................................20.0%

Crackdown on protesters..........................13.0%

Setting up National Government...................3.0%

Others.....................................................36.5%

I assume from your further posts that you are insinuating that the anti-reds are the "bloodthirsty foreigners". Then how do you explain that it is the red supporters who are lusting for Abhisit to send in the troops, while it is the anti-reds who are hoping the reds vacate before there is violence? And if they are not, at least get the women and children out, which apparently the red leaders will not request. Also, it seems to be the red supporters who are rationalizing the grenade attack on the BTS. And why didn't the red leaders make a statement deploring the attack, injuries and death, instead of turning up the music and telling everyone to get back to the party? These are rhetorical questions, as when asked straightforward questions, red supporters/apologists here duck and run.

Even IF there are no red shirts being paid just to be there, they are still only a minority.

who has more babies? the elites or the poor? what percentage of thailand's population are farmers and what percentage of thais rule thailand's population?

figure this out and one will know who the minority is in thailand. :D

Itinerary for Red Shirt Leaders for Monday

8:00am Wake up, roll out of hotel bed and take hot shower.

8:30am Post messages on ThaiVisa denying everything we did yesterday.

9:30am Sneak into protest site avoiding police.

10:00am Daily planning meeting and strategy session.

10:01am Adjourn strategy session.

10:02am Give speech to any protesters who have woken up, claim to be winning, slander PM.

10:30am Announce location of mobile rally

10:35am Cancel mobile rally.

11:00am Lunch

2:00pm Inspect barricades, give autographs.

3:00pm Meet with vendors upset at low sales of Red T-shirts.

4:00pm Announce new merchandise for vendors to sell.

5:00PM Hold press conference, deny claim that army would come within 48 hours.

5:15pm Answer questions from press.

5:17pm Evict press for asking too many questions.

5:30pm Bamboo sharpening and other arts and crafts.

6:30pm Dinner

7:30pm Make speech denying that you ate dinner.

8:30pm Enjoy Thai dance and music show put on by protesters.

8:32pm Return to hotel.

These were taken on the 2nd or 3rd gathering here of the multi-colored shirts whose numbers have grown significantly in their rallies while the red mobs numbers have gone down considerably. Anyone who denies these facts are delusional.

that's because the red shirts sent some of their members to these yellow shirt rallies doning yellow shirts.......

just like vice-versa

not quite....the yellow bosses paid their cheap isaan workers to wear yellow and join their anti-red protests besides threatening the isaan workers that they may lose their jobs if they do not put on yellow shirts as demanded. :D

correct me if i am mistaken.

most of the faces in the photos tell me they don't look like the elites of thailand and are therefore not yellows at heart.

again i stand corrected. :)

who has more babies? the elites or the poor? what percentage of thailand's population are farmers and what percentage of thais rule thailand's population?

You are assuming that all farmers are red supporters. That is simply not the case. :D

most of the faces in the photos tell me they don't look like the elites of thailand and are therefore not yellows at heart.

Are you trying to suggest that not all anti-reds are yellows????

(sorry for my english)

Stop pretending you're not just another reincarnation of the existing red PR machine.

i'm not red. just want to understand why yellow can govern the country when the lost democratic elections but doing it occupying the country in the same way as the reds are doing now, and call reds terrorist when they can't govern the country even the won elections.

tell me this is a yellow Dictatorship for Thailand own good, and i will understand and stop posting questions.

but don't tell me the yellow are holding on for the democracy.

Democracy has Greek root: Demo=people, Crat=rule

If people want Thaksin, give him to them. that is democracy

At least as a Thaksin apologist you don't hide it like some of your colleagues.

Your understanding of democracy of course is open electoral corruption by Thaksin.

Plus intimidation plus violence.

Not for one moment do you believe in democracy.

Thaksin is your only ticket.

I don't see the Thaksin corrupion way so bad, compare to the other countries in the world, maybe coz i'm italian and my PM is Silvio Berlusconi, 1000 time more corrupted then Thaksin

Btw some of u seems to prefer the old yellow system (with layers), where few high families are very rich and above the law, and the most of the people is poor and slave. Middle age, happened in europe hundreds of years ago.

Maybe u like that coz u come from a farang country and u have houses and your money here can buy more than can buy in you country. Don't u see they all are slave of few people? sure u like this system. can buy ladies and love and other things. u look like handsome. doesn't happen in your country.

Thaksin might be corrupted, but maybe he was a way to open the country to the new millennium.

Itinerary for Red Shirt Leaders for Monday

8:00am Wake up, roll out of hotel bed and take hot shower.

8:30am Post messages on ThaiVisa denying everything we did yesterday.

9:30am Sneak into protest site avoiding police.

10:00am Daily planning meeting and strategy session.

10:01am Adjourn strategy session.

10:02am Give speech to any protesters who have woken up, claim to be winning, slander PM.

10:30am Announce location of mobile rally

10:35am Cancel mobile rally.

11:00am Lunch

2:00pm Inspect barricades, give autographs.

3:00pm Meet with vendors upset at low sales of Red T-shirts.

4:00pm Announce new merchandise for vendors to sell.

5:00PM Hold press conference, deny claim that army would come within 48 hours.

5:15pm Answer questions from press.

5:17pm Evict press for asking too many questions.

5:30pm Bamboo sharpening and other arts and crafts.

6:30pm Dinner

7:30pm Make speech denying that you ate dinner.

8:30pm Enjoy Thai dance and music show put on by protesters.

8:32pm Return to hotel.

you forget to include the cock-fights betting sessions in between and the massages to release all the stresses from the day's work.

oh yes, please slot in somewhere the wild boar they will bar-b-q because one farmer caught one on his way to bangkok. the camaraderie /rapport is important, you know. it's all pr and show-time causes with arisman entertaining and crooning the night away. :)

it's all about la vie en rouge ala carte tradtional molam style.

Edited by jamieson

What Thais think as opposed to the bloodthirsty foreigners here.

Result of the Suan Dusit Poll conducted on Thursday and Friday

of 1269 Thais across the country.

Preferred options to solve the crisis between the Government and the UDD.

Negotiations to find acceptable conditions...27.5%

House dissolution....................................20.0%

Crackdown on protesters..........................13.0%

Setting up National Government...................3.0%

Others.....................................................36.5%

I assume from your further posts that you are insinuating that the anti-reds are the "bloodthirsty foreigners". Then how do you explain that it is the red supporters who are lusting for Abhisit to send in the troops, while it is the anti-reds who are hoping the reds vacate before there is violence? And if they are not, at least get the women and children out, which apparently the red leaders will not request. Also, it seems to be the red supporters who are rationalizing the grenade attack on the BTS. And why didn't the red leaders make a statement deploring the attack, injuries and death, instead of turning up the music and telling everyone to get back to the party? These are rhetorical questions, as when asked straightforward questions, red supporters/apologists here duck and run.

There are a lot of people (foreigners) here calling for a crackdown or worse which will probably end with many deaths and who knows what afterwards. The Thais polled want something different.

I have an open mind on all the grenade attacks and small bombs about the place and would

be surprised if either side was responsible for all of them.

There have been more Red shirts killed in this situation than any other group.

quite the contrary. :D

You are assuming that all farmers are red supporters. That is simply not the case. :D

if i make less than 100 baht a day on the farm,and someone comes along and offer me 500bahts a day plus a free ride to and from bangkok , which color do you think i will chose to be in?

i aM ASSUMING MOST FARMERS WILL CHOOSE TO BE IN RED, WITH SOME EXCEPTIONS OF COURSE. :D .

some people in this blog are in deep denial about the depth of feeling among the Red masses. and they are fooling themselves about the relative power of the government, which is in freefall.

we are not witnessing a protest any longer. its a revolution.

no. leave the poetry ok? it's an "unfriendly" "corporate takeover". world will watch & learn. that it's possible in 21st century, with intl laws & institutions - _that_ _one_ _man_, with a lot of money, ego & hatred can fuel legitimate grievances into destabilization of a sovereign nation state.

it's _not_ a "revolution". against whom? first it was "amart"/"amathaya", by now - as posts here state - it's against "middle class" too; in essence it's against _anyone_ who feels entitled to disagree.

it's _not_ a revolution: it's eruption of hatred & greed - while, same time, systems of governance are crumbling.

There going to have change the map of Thailand, since now it's all going pear shaped.

Why not split the country & let Isaan & Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai become their own country. The will be like Laos landlocked and have to use the dried up Mekong or deliver their goods to Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket & the rest of Thailand by truck and pay a duty on their goods once they reach the border with new Thailand by bus, train or truck. You think they are poor now? Try to exist without the capitol of Bangkok and the rest of Thailand that has seaports. Thaksin can return and wear the crown he has envisoned. But, first these terrorist Red Shirts have to be cleared out of Bkk. They have killed tourism and ruined Thailand's reputation for years to come. Thaksin never cared about Thailand just the Power & Wealth - most gained while PM. What Thai with any morals would throw in with the Khmer Rouge Hen Sun in Cambodia. Cambodia, like Burma is no friend of Thailand. But they are friends with Thaksin.

No other world leader would have put up with what PM Abhisit has put up with when an army comes in and takes a city hostage and destroys public & private property and blocks hotels, restaurants, etc. PM Abhisit is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. There can be no compromise with Thaksin's hired army (Red Shirts). Their only aim is to overthrow the government by any means necessary. They have made that plain. That is terrorism. And, 5 weeks of putting up with them is too long. I can't think of any other Pres. or PM of any other country in the world that would not have driven those who attempt to take over the government in that country's government that would not have used the force of the police or the military to drive out those who occupy a city & threaten to overthrow the government - not in the West, not in Central & South America, certainly not in Africa or the rest of Asia or SE Asia. All of this has made the most intelligent and pro-Western PM in Thailand's history look weak. There can be no more compromise. It is time to clear the Red Shirts out by force and arrest and imprison the leaders. Thaksin will never run out of money to pay these people to carry out acts of terrorism. These are violent people. Most followers are simply paid and just uneducated. That is the saddest part of it all.

please define "elite"

WIKIPEDIA CAN HELP YOU HERE BETTER THAN ME. PLEASE REFER. :D

No problem, what are there 12 bars there... Bar hop 12 times and your quite cocked,

and if your cocked enough your date might have one too, when you go. :)

That's the first time I've heard that.

To be "cocked" = to be drunk.

I'm gonna have to think that it's British slang. Probably from (British) sailors, and probably for good reason. :D

British use cockup for a big mess, gibberish is poppycok etc.

American slang use is totally cocked for completely falling down drunk.

Not sure of the oldest origins.

Edited by animatic

quite the contrary. :D

Suggesting that because you are anti-red that you must be yellow is much the same as saying that if you are pro-red then you are pro-Thaksin.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Urgent: 6 injured in bomb attack, shooting at Banharn's house

Assailants lobbed a grenade and fired at the house of Chat Thai Pattana Party de facto leader Banharn Silapa-Archa late Sunday night, injuring six people.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

just like vice-versa

not quite....the yellow bosses paid their cheap isaan workers to wear yellow and join their anti-red protests besides threatening the isaan workers that they may lose their jobs if they do not put on yellow shirts as demanded. :D

GET REAL, GUYS. anyone can wear any color if the price is right - and for the record, most thais would.

"an army marches on its stomach" napolean bonarpate. :)