Red-Shirts Must Realise Restraint Has Its Limitations

webfact

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two People Physically Attacked by Red-shirts Guards

BANGKOK: -- Two people have filed charges against unidentified red-shirt guards and Buddhist monks siding with the protesters, following a physical attack at Ratchaprasong intersection.

Chakkrit Mongkonrattanasit, a 32-year-old employee of Central Chidlom, claims he was seriously beaten by a group of five men in their early 30s who said they were red-shirt rally security guards.

He explained that while he was walking to Chidlom station of BTS skytrain, five red-shirt people approached him and demanded to check his bag.

When they found nothing wrong, they beat him and took him to the protest site for questioning before releasing him.

Meanwhile, a 36-year-old security guard, Det Hadtakwong, has filed a charge against red-shirt guards and Buddhist monks for beating him with sticks near the Ratchaprasong intersection.

He said he was assaulted by the guards and Buddhist monks while trying to enter the protest site, after the head of the guard team, alias Cha Yak, became enraged because he was obstructed by Det at the entrance and another man who travelled on a motorcycle.

----

Similar to my case. They search your bags, don't find anything, then physically assault you. Only difference is I didn't press charges as a cop was 10m away watching all of it and pretended he didn't see anything. And another difference was that in my case it happened on entrance from Petchburi road.

Strange.

I went down to Silom every night last week.

Plenty of innocent people and cars were attached by the MULTI-COLOUR EVERY NIGHT when they made the wrong into the wrong area.

The police / solider have to help these poor innocent people / vehicle.

However, not much have been reported, and any at all.

I concur I was there. Miss the bomb as I was standing on the Robinson side.

MCOT: Hand grenade found in front of emergency room of Chulalongkorn Hospital, bomb experts rush to defuse

Ooops. No doubt left by one of those 'peaceful' protesters. Nuff said

"In front of emergency room of Chulalongkorn Hospital". This area is inside the RED control zone.

So, me being brainless, it must be left by the anti-RED to warn the RED that they too can cause trouble.

I am open to other theories.

Isn't this the hospital that refused to treat Red protester before? And now they plant a bomb to try to discredit the Reds. The yellows are truly lame.

One more time.

Why did the redshirts cover the security camera's?????? They could provide prove that the redshirts are innocent, or are they maybe not????????????

Dude, are there open investigations and reports to the public about the findings?

Or is the media heavy censored and manipulated? So who have somethings to hide?

The securoty cameras? You are not the frist who asked that question, i tried to answer this once.

Interesting photo in the SF Chronicle:

853f5645-c841-4755-9960-f96c6f552b6d.jpg

What are they trying to hide?

Skytrains' services suspended at all stations

BTS authority has suspended service of all skytrain stations after red shirts leaders called for the protesters to destroy all stations.

Red shirts leaders told the cheering crowds that BTS is servants of Amataya, and urged the protesters to go and destroyed the stations.

Guards of red shirts protesters use black plastic bags to cover security cameras of skytrain stations near Rajprasong rally sites.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/...s-30126917.html

Dunno, maybe they didn't want to be observed 24/7?

But well spotted - It is clearly evidence that the reds are against the law. If you want you can put in in your list why yesterdays action was legitimate and justified. Disrespectful to handicap the big brother to take care of them.

I can imagine many different ways to put a security camera out of order. The non-destructive plastic bags option was probably chosen to protect the cameras from fire water that would follow after the reds start to burn down the city as promised. q.e.d. :)

The timesonlineuk has a very good editorial calling for elections in Thailand. Abhisit must step down or be removed immediately. Aung San Suu Kyi's recent comments concur.

No they do not. In fact, her spokesman made it very clear her comments did not reflect an opinion on the current political goings on in Thailand, but were a general statement about the military involved in government. Goes to show the red aplologists have no shame, stooping so low as to try and make it look like Suu Kyi supports their violent attempt to overthrow the government.

Thaksins comments regarding the Tak Bai massare.

"I regret the loss of lives in a way that should not have happened, due to suffocation. I will order a committee to be set up to investigate the situation,"

Thaksin Shinawatra

"There are some who died because they were fasting, and they were crammed in tight,"

It's a matter of their bodies becoming weak."

Thaksin Shinawatra.

Compared to Thaksin Abihist is a compassionate caring man.

No need to compare, just get rid of Abhisit, NOW!

What, and get Thaksin The Tak Bai Murderer back. Hobson's choice!

The Government cannot simply fold. They have a country to run and this sends the signal that a group of armed thugs can change the government any time they like. Let them (red shirts) go back home, restore order and then have an election.

MCOT: Hand grenade found in front of emergency room of Chulalongkorn Hospital, bomb experts rush to defuse

"In front of emergency room of Chulalongkorn Hospital". This area is inside the RED control zone.

So, me being brainless, it must be left by the anti-RED to warn the RED that they too can cause trouble.

Isn't this the hospital that refused to treat Red protester before? And now they plant a bomb to try to discredit the Reds. The yellows are truly lame.

It't the hospital where on of the leaders of the multi-color shirts works- a surgeon I believe. So the reds do have good reason (for them) to bomb it.

And could you document your claim that the hospital refused to treat a wounded red, or is this just anohter fabrication of yours?

Hmmm I wonder why Taskin is soo quiet! Since the April 10 disaster he has been really camera shy. Is he distancing himself from a possible blood bath? Reap what you sow.

Nation blogger Piset claims Thaksin has died.:

That would explain his absence, Manager insistence on him being at the latest stages of prostate cancer, red sudden desire to negotiate or seek asylum abroad, current absence of three leaders from the red stage, Abhisit’s new found cockiness etc.

It would explain a lot of things indeed.

Piset claims that regardless of Thaksin’s exact status his family is seeking government approval to bring his body to Thailand, and, while previous government claims about Thaksin had often been refuted, if Pojamarn herself is talking about it, Anhisit and Anupong have all the reasons to feel relieved.

It't the hospital where on of the leaders of the multi-color shirts works- a surgeon I believe. So the reds do have good reason (for them) to bomb it.

And could you document your claim that the hospital refused to treat a wounded red, or is this just anohter fabrication of yours?

Please document your claim that a leader of the yellow (multi-color floral pattern shirts, now) shirts who represent the ultra conservative rightist royalists works at Chula Hospital.

Abhisit is more the prisoner now, cowering in his barracks under military protection, hated, it is hard to see when he will ever see the light of day again.

Please tell, why is so allegedly fearful of the peaceful reds? What would they do to him?

Abhisit didn't solve the problem while he had the chance, peacefully at the ballot box, by getting elected and defeating the reds that way.

He left it too late, and now his future doesn't look too bright ...

Please document your claim that a leader of the yellow (multi-color floral pattern shirts, now) shirts who represent the ultra conservative rightist royalists works at Chula Hospital.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/...s-30126194.html

A doctor and lecturer of Chulalongkorn University led a group of government's supporters to visit Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva at the Government House to show their moral support. The group was led by Doctor Tul Sitthisomwong, a lecturer of Chulalongkorn's Faculty of Medicine.

After 5 years of living in Thailand

I have never heard of Thais wanting Farang to judge, look at, control, supervise etc them

Only 5? That figures.

You are right about the yellow fascists though. Their xenophobic policies have made it more and more difficult for many foreigners like yourself to live and work in Thailand. Thaksin's lot were quite benign in comparison.

Hmmm I wonder why Taskin is soo quiet! Since the April 10 disaster he has been really camera shy. Is he distancing himself from a possible blood bath? Reap what you sow.

That would explain his absence, Manager insistence on him being at the latest stages of prostate cancer, red sudden desire to negotiate or seek asylum abroad, current absence of three leaders from the red stage, Abhisit's new found cockiness etc.

Piset claims that regardless of Thaksin's exact status his family is seeking government approval to bring his body to Thailand, and, while previous government claims about Thaksin had often been refuted, if Pojamarn herself is talking about it, Anhisit and Anupong have all the reasons to feel relieved.

http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/mahwattha...0/04/25/entry-2

Sunday , April 25 , 2010 Game Over -- Thaksin Shinnawatra is Dead Posted by Piset , Reader : 3337 , 07:46:15

print.gif Print

At the moment, I am still waiting for further confirmation.

The latest information I have received indicated yet, the Shinnawatra family is contacting with Thai government for permission to return the body of Thaksin Shinnawatra to Thailand for Funeral.

The latest news from Bangkok indicated that at least 3 of the Red shirt leaders are not at Rajaprasong now, they may have got into the U.S. Embassy compound seeking political asylum.

If so, the game is over.

However, some of those others at and around Rajaprasong gathering may be left without supports or directions now.

Abhisit is more the prisoner now, cowering in his barracks under military protection, hated, it is hard to see when he will ever see the light of day again.

Please tell, why is so allegedly fearful of the peaceful reds? What would they do to him?

Abhisit didn't solve the problem while he had the chance, peacefully at the ballot box, by getting elected and defeating the reds that way.

I like Mark.

It would be great if he could lead the RED to bring this country into full democracy.

Unfortunately he was born on the wrong side of the fence.

That would explain his absence, Manager insistence on him being at the latest stages of prostate cancer, red sudden desire to negotiate or seek asylum abroad, current absence of three leaders from the red stage, Abhisit's new found cockiness etc.

Piset claims that regardless of Thaksin's exact status his family is seeking government approval to bring his body to Thailand, and, while previous government claims about Thaksin had often been refuted, if Pojamarn herself is talking about it, Anhisit and Anupong have all the reasons to feel relieved.

http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/mahwattha...0/04/25/entry-2

Sunday , April 25 , 2010 Game Over -- Thaksin Shinnawatra is Dead Posted by Piset , Reader : 3337 , 07:46:15

print.gif Print

At the moment, I am still waiting for further confirmation.

The latest information I have received indicated yet, the Shinnawatra family is contacting with Thai government for permission to return the body of Thaksin Shinnawatra to Thailand for Funeral.

The latest news from Bangkok indicated that at least 3 of the Red shirt leaders are not at Rajaprasong now, they may have got into the U.S. Embassy compound seeking political asylum.

If so, the game is over.

However, some of those others at and around Rajaprasong gathering may be left without supports or directions now.

I sincerely hope he is dead too.

But unfortunately he is the die hard type.

So the RED will have to continue to fight, and Mark too.

Good luck on both sides.

He is probably referring to Dr. Tul Sitthisomwong (Medical Science Faculty of Chulalongkorn University).

Your turn now...

peacefully at the ballot box?

if you have been here a while you know that village votes are bought or secured by intimidation, the vote buying is supported and regulated by local police, mafia types and village headmen.

whoever pays most or intimidates the most, gets the vote, that's how Thaksin got in and it is how his cohorts in the Phua Thai party stay in power in Red territory.

if you live in a Thai village you have no choice on who you can vote for, if the village is red, so are you and you better vote red or else

if there was an election the democrats would simply not be allowed to campaign in the north, they would likely be killed.

when PM Abhisit wanted to visit Chang Mai on a visit to discuss enhanced funding to local communities, he was warned by the reds that he would be targeted for assassination and the locals felt it better to withdraw the invite.

Thailand is corrupt to the core, at all levels, its all about money, its not about democracy.

Abhisit has brought something new to the table, a commodity called honesty and no-one likes it, wants it or appreciates it

most do not even know what the term means

Honesty does not pay in Thailand, in fact it could be a capital offense

I like Mark.

It would be great if he could lead the RED to bring this country into full democracy.

Unfortunately he was born on the wrong side of the fence.

Maybe so, although with people like Newin and the generals around olne can't deny that Abhisit keeps rather poor company for a man of purported integrity.

The problem is that he was born on the wrong side of the fence, and took a blinkered and outmoded stand against an insuperable force. The right man perhaps, but in the wrong place, on the wrong side, at the wrong time, and now he will have to pay for it.

Just as most Thai commentators underestimated negative international reaction to the 2006 coup, many like the Nation leader writer now show little grasp of the likely Western response to a crackdown. The ones at most risk of sanction if they travel overseas are not the redshirts but the senior politicians/military leaders who agreed to the use of live ammunition to control civilians on April 10th. Would Abhisit dare to repeat his recent Oxford University talk now? I think he’d get a rough ride.

I thought the recent BBC correspondent’s report by Rachel Harvey was a good touchstone for the way the international media are beginning to see things:

“The anti-government red-shirt movement has evolved.

The water buffalo are more politically aware - and more in tune with their working class urban comrades - than many had given them credit for.

This has gone way beyond one man.

This has become a bitter battle between the forces of the established status quo and a movement for social reform.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from...ent/8640249.stm

At least she is beginning to get it.

The one person who has risen in my estimation recently is Anupong and, if a compromise is possible, he would have to be part of that.

Edited by citizen33

if you have been here a while you know that village votes are bought or secured by intimidation, the vote buying is supported and regulated by local police, mafia types and village headmen.

whoever pays most or intimidates the most, gets the vote, that's how Thaksin got in and it is how his cohorts in the Phua Thai party stay in power in Red territory.

And Abhisit relied on Newin to make up the numbers for his coalition. Do you think that Newin's MPs garner popular support in the way that you described above?

And what is your point? That the villagers are buffaloes and need the Bangkok elite to override their voting, because it must afer all have been paid for?

The idea that the red shirt leaders would seek political asylum at the US embassy brought a chuckle with my morning snack. Does any one of them hold valid passport of, or travel documents to US? If so, Provoking civil unrest in a foreign country with which the US has diplomatic relations, may give rise to continued validity of such documents.

As I have mentioned before, any one who would encourage/coerce children/women to participate in any activity which puts them in harms way, are approaching, if not setting the standard for the lowest character of the human species.

And Abhisit relied on Newin to make up the numbers for his coalition. Do you think that Newin's MPs garner popular support in the way that you described above?

And what is your point? That the villagers are buffaloes and need the Bangkok elite to override their voting, because it must afer all have been paid for?

forum rules

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

please quote the full text when quoting me

not just the bits you want to discuss and take out of context

thank you

Not addressed to me but:

Tul a leader of the multicoloured group is a doctor at Chula. The reds know this as Sae Daeng and a group went looking for him at the hispital last week.

By the way the PAD and the multicoloureds overlap to some degree but arent the same. Sonthi et al are well seperated from them and the multicoloreds stem from quite young group who set up a facebook group intially.

There is at least one ex PAD speakers in the red leadership too and quite a few in the following just to give an example of how as issues and ideologies change so people change in who they support

All of this can be checked with some rudimentary searching.

A doctor and lecturer of Chulalongkorn University led a group of government's supporters to visit Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva at the Government House to show their moral support. The group was led by Doctor Tul Sitthisomwong, a lecturer of Chulalongkorn's Faculty of Medicine.

Gee, a government-supporter works at a government hospital. Breaking news, you heard it on TV first!

Aha, hmmm... OK. Now, how about answering the actual question?

Gee, a government-supporter works at a government hospital. Breaking news, you heard it on TV first!

you asked for confirmation and you got confirmation

now you don't like the answer ?

typical red mentality

you asked for confirmation and you got confirmation

now you don't like the answer ?

typical red mentality

Why do you assume that I don't like the answer? It is a lovely answer by a respected poster. You seem to harbor some unresolved anger issues.

Abhisit is failing. He is failing to POSITION his government as compassionate, understanding and doing the right things. In my eyes, he is incompetent. He is not solving the problem.

He constantly says, "If I cannot solve the problem then I should not be in office." Well, then get out.

As far as I can see, you do not have forever to solve the problem. You have already passed several deadlines and tests and you have failed them all.

I agree that Abhisit is failing in his current decision making, He is dealing inadequately in this problem created by the Reds by Thaksin or by whoever, if he uses force the Reds criticise him, if he is too lenient the Reds criticise him for that too, but my feeling is that he was doing a decent job of running the country (only my opinion) before,,,and the PM is trying to get the country back to normalcy without the spilling of further bloodshed, the Reds are trying to get him out regardless of the consequences, what type of leaders are they when they even think of putting women and children to the fore of a potentially violent situation, considering all this it is my opinion that any blood spilled be on the hands of the Red Leaders, the forces are there to try to uphold the peace in the country and disperse the demonstrations that have now become illegal, why can't the Reds all go home and wait the term for elections to take place in the name of democracy, how can it be possible to have fair and unbiased elections in the short term with all this tension around the country.