How Many Re-entries Do We Have Crossing Borders By Land?

Hi people!! First of all congrats for the forum!! Very helpful!!

I arrived in Thailand the 21March 2010 by air so I got 30 days. When by visa ran out I jumped to Cambodia and I was going to stay around till the end of April as a friend of mine is flying to Bangkok next 12 of May. So I had to stay in Cambodia till end of the month approx as crossing by land they just give you 15 days tourist visa. Anyways while in Cambodia checked out this website:

w ww.thaivisa.com/387.0.html (at the end of the page where General Tips and Advice. Point 2)

Where it says that if you cross the border from Koh Kong (Cambodia to Thailand) You get 30days visa!! So I did.. Before to exit Cambodia I double checked with the immigration police (I know Cambodia immigration doesn't has anything to do with the Thai one but they should now more than me..) and again they said 30days. So I made my decision and exit Cambodia. My problem was when I was going to enter Thailand.. They just give 15 days!!

Anyways I was quite pissed as I got a new visa till the 9th and my friend is arriving the 12th.. I was thinking to get back to Cambodia pay the around 1000 Bahts to get the visa for the country and get back to Thailand so I will get another 15 days of visa. Till here everything ok but the problem is that we are planning to go to Laos and comeback to Thailand after a month and I heard that you only can entry in Thailand 3 times within 90 days!! Then you have to wait another 90 days or pay kind of a entry visa.

Any Suggestions ?

Thanks

Narcis

All entry by land is 15 days for normal visa exempt persons (there are exceptions under bi-lateral agreements). This is a relatively new rule.

There is no more restrictions on the number of days or entries in any period of time.

If you cross 4 times in a row you may be asked why but unless you say your are illegally working it should not be a problem.

Should I cross back to Cambodia and get a new 15 days visa?? (around 1000Bahts) or maybe would be better to take a 2 month visa at around 2000 Bahts.

What do you reckon??

Thanks for the info!!

PS: I know all entries by land is 15 days for normal visa exempt persons but is this website which is one of the most important and serious one about visas and stuff says so I would kind of believe it..

Edited by narcisgirona

All entry by land is 15 days for normal visa exempt persons (there are exceptions under bi-lateral agreements). This is a relatively new rule.

There is no more restrictions on the number of days or entries in any period of time.

If you cross 4 times in a row you may be asked why but unless you say your are illegally working it should not be a problem.

Hello,

Sorry if this is not in the right place, as I don't log-on very much. You seem to know a lot about the current rules and regulations, so I want to ask a question.

I have been working for a 5 star hotel for the last 2 years and they have taken care of getting my Visa (NonB) renewed every 3 or 4 months. Now the hotel is closing and I am out of work, and I will have to take care of my own Visa......

What do I do? Am I only able to get a Tourist Visa? How long can I stay.....only 30 days?

Please direct me to where I can read the current rules and will know what to do.

Thank you, and again......sorry if this is in the wrong place.

jcicero

I expect you had a one year extension of stay from Immigration and hotel did your 90 day address reporting as visas can not be renewed.

Now, without a valid reason for non immigrant visa, you will be limited to tourist visas allowing stay of 60 days which can be extended 30 days.

Or, a trip to Perth with ID card of a Thai/home register to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa allowing 90 day stays for its one year validity.

Visa exempt entry is 30 days by air or 15 days by land so is not a good option for long term.