Pattaya Police Arrest Australian National Working Illegally

Rimmer

Pattaya Police Arrest Australian National Working Illegally

PATTAYA:-- Chon-Buri immigration officers swooped on the Kill Kenny Bar in central Pattaya on Monday arresting an Australian national. The Aussie man had been known to be working at the establishment without a valid work permit whilst staying in the Kingdom on a retirement visa.

Full story

HERE

Pattaya Daily News

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-04-29

The official fine is about B 1000, he should be alright if thats the reason they pasted his mug shot on the www.

yeah the fine is nothing to worry about, it is the deportation that you have to worry about, and blacklist

The official fine is about B 1000, he should be alright if thats the reason they pasted his mug shot on the www.

yeah the fine is nothing to worry about, it is the deportation that you have to worry about, and blacklist

^-^ I was about to ask about that. Is that the normal procedure in these cases....he gets told to "go forth and multiply" and won't be allowed back into the Kingdom?

(Asuming this kind of case is elevated past the usual "tea money" level of investigation officer, of course)

Penkoprod

Deportation and blacklist?

Is the sky falling too mate?

You have no clue commenting because in all reality, you do not know what, if anything will happen.

There is no sense crying the sky is falling (Blacklist and deportation) until it is actually know to fall

I bet you a US Grand he is not deported or blacklisted

So put up or pipe down with your the sky is falling scenerio.

You have no clue commenting because in all reality, you do not know what, if anything will happen.

There is no sense crying the sky is falling (Blacklist and deportation) until it is actually know to fall

Actually I have first hand experience of this, and the guy in question went to court on Saturday got a fine of 1000 baht, and a 1 month suspended prison sentence, was then taken back to soi 9 police jail for the rest of Saturday, and all day Sunday then was deported on Monday morning. Not heard from him since, and will only say that he was a European, that was 2 years ago.

Actually I have first hand experience of this, and the guy in question went to court on Saturday got a fine of 1000 baht, and a 1 month suspended prison sentence, was then taken back to soi 9 police jail for the rest of Saturday, and all day Sunday then was deported on Monday morning. Not heard from him since, and will only say that he was a European, that was 2 years ago.

aaaah, that must be the case when you offered the immigration officer to share with him your profits from the bet with Nio...

Nio

I refer you to the webpage of sunbeltlegaladvisors who are the

sponsors of TV :-

Warning: The penalty for working in Thailand without a work permit can be from 3 months to 5 years imprisonment. You will also face deportation and be blacklisted from Thailand for 99 years. :)

http://www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com/Thailand-Work-Permit.php

Nio

I refer you to the webpage of sunbeltlegaladvisors who are the

sponsors of TV :-

Warning: The penalty for working in Thailand without a work permit can be from 3 months to 5 years imprisonment. You will also face deportation and be blacklisted from Thailand for 99 years. :)

http://www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com/Thailand-Work-Permit.php

I'm so relieved that the blacklisting is only temporary!