How Much Should I Pay From Jomtien To South Pattaya.

tomx2

Hi.

I will be arriving at Suvarnabhumi airport after 7:00pm and will be using the airport’s Roong Reuang bus service to take me to Pattaya. Note: bell travel last bus leaves at 6:00pm.

The bus drop-off is in Jomtien on Thapphraya Road opposite to Pan Pan restaurant. With 2 suitcases in tow, I will need a Baht bus to shuttle me to my hotel located in South Pattaya on Soi 11.

If anybody is familiar with this street in Jomtien, what price should I negotiate with the baht driver for pickup/drop-off to Soi 11 South Pattaya?

Thanks.

TC.

Based on how far one can go in Bangkok, in a taxi for a 100 Baht. In Pattaya anywhere in Pattaya/Jomtien to anywhere in Pattaya Jomtien. You should not pay more than 100 Baht. But the whole Pattaya Taxi/Bus situation should be reviewed, because I think it is unacceptable as a public transport service. You are entirely at the whim of the driver, if he decides to change his route one block down the road.

10 Baht - Follow my directions; it will be much easier than trying to hire a taxi at 11PM that does not speak English and trying to explain to him where you are going.

Where you are going is very easy to get to. Just walk across the street and stand directly in front of Pan Pan. In a few minutes a Baht bus will come by and just stick out your hand and they will stop.

The ones going in that direction are heading into Pattaya and will go right by Soi 11. When you get into Pattaya just look on the left hand side of the road at the street signs until you see Soi 11.

This is easy and you should have no problems. Good Luck.

We've always paid 200-250 baht depending how far north in pattaya we're starting from/going to from Jomtien. So I think 100 baht is a bit unrealistic when you stand there with two suitcases.

But yeah, like billaa777 says, Pan Pan is on the baht bus route.

And is that outrageous pricing? I dont think so...

Forget the other responses. This is more updated:

The bus will make an unscheduled stop at the corner of Central Road/Sukhumvit Highway. Follow the crowd and get off there. You are now in Central. Cross the street and take any baht bus for 10 baht which will go all the way down to the beach. You can get off on soi 11 beach road and walk up. Beware of ladyboys on the beach at night.

Forget the other responses. This is more updated:

The bus will make an unscheduled stop at the corner of Central Road/Sukhumvit Highway. Follow the crowd and get off there. You are now in Central. Cross the street and take any baht bus for 10 baht which will go all the way down to the beach. You can get off on soi 11 beach road and walk up. Beware of ladyboys on the beach at night.

Actually the bus will stop on request at any of the main roads leading into Pattaya: North, Central and South. May be better to get off at South, as there is likely to be a waiting Taxi. 10 baht to Second Road end of Soi 11. No need to negotiate with the driver, unless you want to charter the taxi for yourself direct to your hotel. If so, expect to pay around 100 baht.

Wow maybe take it as it comes.....just a thought you may enjoy your trip more.

Or email your hotel and ask them to arrange a pick up.

What are you talking?

Who wants to be lugging two heavy cases around with little idea of how to get to their hotel? Of course it's sensible to plan ahead.