Mp3 Music Files To Normal Format And Then Burn Cd

tlcwaterfall

Hello,

Really need some help please. A friend would like me to burn some music onto a cd but cd player does not play mp3 music.

All of my music on computer is in mp3 format. So my question is can I still burn a cd for friend with songs in normal format and how do I do this?

Any helpful replies are appreciated. Thank you.

You need a CD burner program - for example Nero Burning ROM, from there you'll choose -> create Audio CD, then drag the MP3 files you want to burn into the Audio CD, and you'll see that the CD is not limited by space but rather time. The actual conversion from MP3 to audio cd - you don't need to worry about.

So (For Nero / Windows) -> Start -> Programs -> Nero -> Nero Burning ROM .. Once the Nero window opens - choose Create AudioCD -> Drag the MP3 files you want to burn (keep the time below 70 mins)

Once done - burn it - and for "best quality" it's recommenced to keep it at 24x or below.

Just about any MP3 player software will also burn music CDs. iTunes, for example, will burn any playlist to a disc with one click. And iTunes is free.

sunbelt.jpg

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

Edited by Sunbelt Asia

Just about any MP3 player software will also burn music CDs. iTunes, for example, will burn any playlist to a disc with one click. And iTunes is free.

sunbelt.jpg

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

Will Itunes burn songs in mp3 format or normal format?

I think you're not really understanding the process.

Music CDs ONLY come in your "normal" (CD Audio) format. All programs, including create music CDs this way. If you are not creating music CDs, you're creating DATA CDs, which would be mere storage of MP3 files.

By default, clicking the "burn" button in iTunes creates music CDs. The program can create data discs, but you'd need to go into the preferences and change its behavior to do that.

Sounds like your problem is that the first time you did this you used a program to make data discs, not a music-cd making program.

sunbelt.jpg

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

Edited by Sunbelt Asia

Music CDs ONLY come in your "normal" (CD Audio) format. All programs, including create music CDs this way. If you are not creating music CDs, you're creating DATA CDs, which would be mere storage of MP3 files.

By default, clicking the "burn" button in iTunes creates music CDs. The program can create data discs, but you'd need to go into the preferences and change its behavior to do that.

Sounds like your problem is that the first time you did this you used a program to make data discs, not a music-cd making program.

sunbelt.jpg

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

Thank you for your help. I will burn a cd tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

This is the first time I have burnt a cd hence my lack of knowledge.

Each time your change format you are probably loosing quailty.

How much is a new CD player that copes with MP3??

Worth the investment?

Even a player with USB input to save burning disks at all?

• 3 weeks later...

sunbelt.jpg

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

Disc done with 17 songs so all good now.

Except that friend now has bought a dvd player that will play mp3 files.

So my next dumb question is can I now burn mp3s to a disc and put say 100 to 200 songs on the disc in mp3 format? If so how do I do this please?

And can I use Itunes to do this?

Edited by tlcwaterfall