Applying For T. Visa With Extention?

Any advice much welcome;

Im appyling for my second Tourist visa, having got a one month extension. Apparently as I got an extension I will not be granted another visa without paying 2500b at Penang.

I'd like to know if anyone has had to pay this in KL, or if its a straight out refusal? My mate just back from KL says they have signs up saying people applying for consecutive T. visas may not be granted.

Also the turn around for getting passport back in Penang is same day, KL its the next day for a tourist visa?

Thank you,

Penang's policy is not to issue another tourist visa if the applicant already has a tourist visa extension in their passport. To my knowledge they are the only consulate following that policy in the region. Not sure of the source of your information, but do be careful of 'Mr Fix-it' transactions and false immigration stamps which may cause big time grief. Visa issuing timescale at KL is apply morning Day 1 and collect afternoon Day 2. Any embassy/consulate has the right to refuse to issue a visa if, in their opinion, the traveller is not a genuine applicant.

Penang's policy is not to issue another tourist visa if the applicant already has a tourist visa extension in their passport. To my knowledge they are the only consulate following that policy in the region. Not sure of the source of your information, but do be careful of 'Mr Fix-it' transactions and false immigration stamps which may cause big time grief. Visa issuing timescale at KL is apply morning Day 1 and collect afternoon Day 2. Any embassy/consulate has the right to refuse to issue a visa if, in their opinion, the traveller is not a genuine applicant.

I read an article a while back That there was a serious problem with fake passports and visas on the Thai/Malay Border and how it related to the troubles down there & as Penang is the Closest Consulate it was having to operate under stricter guidelines to other Embassies/Consulates in the Region.

Yeah, I dont know what that 2500 baht thing is that the OP is talking about in Penang. I also thought that if you have an extension, they will deny another TV. I dont know whats going on in KL for those visas but PP cambodia are supposed to be issuing as well as Vientiane Laos

Edited by My Friend Same