Nightlife Around Radisson Hotel Area

laphroaig

I have four nights in the Raddisson next week. It looks to be a bit out of the way. Previous visits I have stayed around Sukhumvit areas so am well aware of the nightlife in those areas. I am keen to look elsewhere for a change and wondered if there are any suitable areas close to where I will be staying.

I am not bothered about go go bars as such, but do like bars with a bit of life and a few pretty girls to chat with, play pool etc. Not into loud discos, just good honest fun in a bar. maybe some live music if such a thing exists around there.

I am happy to get taxi to wherever if I have to but would appreciate any local knowledge

cheers

T

If you can afford the Radisson I'm sure you can splurge for a taxi.

It isn't about cost or whether or not I can afford a taxi. I want to explore a new area and am looking for information on where I am staying. If I was worried about taxi fare I would have stayed exactly where I was last time, and the time before, and the time before that.

Interestingly, Radisson just cost me 65USD a night which I don't think it too out of the way at all.

Cheers

T

I wonder if this thread will eventually qualify for the longest thread without an answer to the question :)

Just reading an information site and it refers to entertainment areas, bars etc along New Petchuburi Road and in the sois between there and Sukhumvit. I know where New Petchuburi Road is, any ideas on options around there?

I take it that its the one on Rama 9. I only know it by driving past but there is what looks like a big bar/entertainment complex right next to it. You would also be (almost) in walking distance to RCA.

I take it that its the one on Rama 9. I only know it by driving past but there is what looks like a big bar/entertainment complex right next to it. You would also be (almost) in walking distance to RCA.

Thanks for that

What is RCA please

From the window there I saw that itwasin the same compund as an old Concrete boat dating from the RandR period whic seems to be still operating as a bar but I do not know what it is like. I think you made a good choice of hotel.

you will get nowhere at RCA unless you have some orange hair dye, lowered honda jazz and a teener in your back pocket.

better to walk outside and turn left and hit up the Love Boat. its a sure thing!

If you already have Company, then Hollywood is fun, but dont show up alone.

you will get nowhere at RCA unless you have some orange hair dye, lowered honda jazz and a teener in your back pocket.

better to walk outside and turn left and hit up the Love Boat. its a sure thing!

If you already have Company, then Hollywood is fun, but dont show up alone.

Alas, at 54 I don't have enough hair to dye and I wouldn't even know what a teener is.

I am alone.

Thanks for all the input

T

If you are 54 yo, I've got the perfect place for you.

GO to the 24th or 25th floor of the Radisson in the evening. In the cocktail lounge there, they have oldies singers belting out all the old hits from the 60 70s and 80s.

Some of them are pretty good in my estimation.