Best Thai Consulate In Southeast Asia

I need to leave Thailand in order to get a Non-O visa.

I originally got my Non-B visa at the Thai consulate in Vientiane Laos. It was one of the worst experiences that I've ever had to endure. I won't go into specifics, but I don't ever want to go back to that place again.

So, can anyone suggest a Thai consulate elsewhere in S.E. Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, etc). Any recommendations or comments? Any good experience elsewhere?

Thanks! :)

On what basis will you get the O visa and single or multi entry required?

Hey Lopburi3. Single entry, Non-O Marriage.

By the way, you responded to my post yesterday. Now I'm just trying to find a Thai Consulate that is relatively friendly and helpful.

Thanks! :)

You should not have a problem at any Consulate for a single entry with marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card - although always best to have a short letter from her. There is not any special place as people have different experiences and officials change often.

You had a problem in Vientiane - but there are thousands of people every week using that facility without problems.

I like Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. Everything is simple and hassle free. 90 minute flight by air asia dot c o m and that is cheap. Hotels are cheap and clean as with the taxi meters. I went there 3 times last year and stayed in the same hotel each time.

Agree on KL embassy , very good , only advice , be there at 8.00 AM and you will be out quite quickly, I recall they stop accepting applications at 11a so if you arrive a bit late in the morning and strike a busy day you could miss out getting your application in,

You pick up the completed docs the next day , very smooth and efficient.

I like Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. Everything is simple and hassle free. 90 minute flight by air asia dot c o m and that is cheap. Hotels are cheap and clean as with the taxi meters. I went there 3 times last year and stayed in the same hotel each time.

The AirAsia flights to and from Ho Chi Minh city and Phuket cease next week.

KL-Thaiconsular section. I was there once 3,5 years ago.

I had to wait 3 hours until my number was coming up. 1,5 hours of the 3 hours I had to stand as there where not enough sitting places available. Was a little filthy also.

The last page in my Passport was available for a Visasticker, in front of that page was a 1/2 page available for stamps.

Than after that three hours I was told-NO, go for a new Passport! I insisted the front desk should talk to the Supervisor-but a no again.

I was angry, did not want to hang around in KL to wait for a temporary Passport, the weekend was also approaching and took the next flight home.

Today my Passport is again full, I was at my Embassy in BKK and they advised me of a different possibility without waiting and paying for a temporary Passport, they gave me a letter allowing to use also the 3 pages at the beginning of the Passport which are usualy reserved for my Goverment.

That possibility, unknown to me would have been also an easy solution in KL some years ago, but no advis from the KL Thai consular section.

For me a no that KL office.

Edited by ALFREDO

I can recommend Singapore, but my experience is a bit older.

Anyhow, when I was there the service was very efficient and friendly, but you have to be there early. Submit your documents and pickup the visa the next day.

I can recommend Singapore, but my experience is a bit older.

Anyhow, when I was there the service was very efficient and friendly, but you have to be there early. Submit your documents and pickup the visa the next day.

I was in Singapore in March. They take visa app's from 10:0-noon then pick them up next day between 2-4 pm. Very fast and freindly. Check first and make sure it's not a Thai or Singapore Holiday as the embassy is closred those days. Easy location off Orchard on the MRT.