Air Asia Free Seats Promo

called long range planning, buy now (pay taxes, airport fee, fuel surcharge = free ticket?) travel Jan & Feb 2011.

Of course, thats assuming that they are still in business. I for one would not purchase a ticket from a low cost carrier for use one year hence. :)

The hotel arm of AirAsia, Tune Hotels,http://www.tunehotels.com/ is also having very cheap deals for the same period. 2 Baht for 1 night in Malaysia !

It starts 17th May, but the promotion is NOT on the website until that date.

1 week holiday in Penang, free flight and 14 baht for the week in tzhe hotel, sounds good to me.

But yes i have the misgivings about Low Cosr Airlines, but at least you will not lose much !

called long range planning, buy now (pay taxes, airport fee, fuel surcharge = free ticket?) travel Jan & Feb 2011.

Of course, thats assuming that they are still in business. I for one would not purchase a ticket from a low cost carrier for use one year hence. :)

The hotel arm of AirAsia, Tune Hotels,http://www.tunehotels.com/ is also having very cheap deals for the same period. 2 Baht for 1 night in Malaysia !

It starts 17th May, but the promotion is NOT on the website until that date.

1 week holiday in Penang, free flight and 14 baht for the week in tzhe hotel, sounds good to me.

But yes i have the misgivings about Low Cosr Airlines, but at least you will not lose much !

That's what credit cards and their protection is for. Plus yearly travel insurance policies. Think the question at the moment is will Thailand as we have known it still be there.

I'll be trying to get a couple of cheap tickets down to KL next February as I'll be after a new non-o then.

Sure alot cheaper than flying back to the UK.

If the promotion applies to Air Asia X as well then you'll be able to fly to UK for free!!!

I'll be trying to get a couple of cheap tickets down to KL next February as I'll be after a new non-o then.

Sure alot cheaper than flying back to the UK.

If the promotion applies to Air Asia X as well then you'll be able to fly to UK for free!!!

I need more of an incentive than free travel to go back to the UK these days I'm afraid!

just a hint:

if booking such cheapo-promotions many many months ahead, do NOT purchase any add-ons, such as: luggage allowance, "choose a seat", on-board-food, ground-transport etc., as those add-ons will not be refunded in case you can not make the flight many months later.

you still can ALWAYS add anything you need online until 48 hours before your flight. just go to "modify my booking" and you can add that all later.

The AirAsia website seems to be very overloaded since the sale commenced. Hard to believe that anybody is able to complete a ticketing transaction at the moment. I'm bargain hunting so I can afford to be a bit patient until things die down, I'd hate to be trying to book a "normal" ticket for travel next week.

I'd hate to be trying to book a "normal" ticket for travel next week.

Good point.

There's no problem on the normal booking operations, only on the free seats part of the website.

I don't notice any distinction on the AirAsia website between booking free seats and "normal" bookings. Where is this?

Stayed up late last night and was met with a non functioning AA website.

Been trying at various times today to book a couple o flights with no luck.

Maybe set the alarm for 3 am tonight in the hope the website is usable. :)

All was fine up until around midnight to 0030hrs UK, managed to modify and book a few flights. After that, it got slower and slower until it was impossible to complete a booking. There were some Bkk-KUL return flights for 945 baht or 1045 baht with the 'convenience fee'. Most useful for those visa runs

It's always slow when the free seats sales are on, but definately worse than usual this time. Managed to get CNX-KUL-CNX for 600 Baht about 8.30 this morning, but absolutely no chance since then. Must have made over a hundred bookings today, and only one got to completion.

Stayed up late last night and was met with a non functioning AA website.

Been trying at various times today to book a couple o flights with no luck.

Maybe set the alarm for 3 am tonight in the hope the website is usable. :)

Tried at 1am with no luck.

Overslept my 3am alarm :D

Finally booked a couple of flights down to KL next February for a total of 2150 bht.....bargain.

Hopefully the Thai Embassy there will still be doing multi entry non-o's then!!!!

I'd hate to be trying to book a "normal" ticket for travel next week.

Good point.

There's no problem on the normal booking operations, only on the free seats part of the website.

I don't notice any distinction on the AirAsia website between booking free seats and "normal" bookings. Where is this?

On the home web page there's a yellowish banner that says Free Seats - Book Now. That opens a new window to book the free seats.

Also on the home web page there's the boxes to search flight destinations and dates to use for the period outside the free seats promotions.

I found that one easy to use but clicking the Free Seats option is very slow to full stop so gave up.