Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

Last election, reds got the most votes but NOT EVEN CLOSE to a majority. Next ... Red apologists, please use facts if you have them rather than lies.

PPP got 233 MP seats in a parliament with 480 seats in total.

How far they have been from a majority? And when it starts to be close to a majority? Can you explain Falang USA?

It probably doesn't matter who won the election. The problem that Thailand really faces is no one trusts the elections, and they probably won't trust the next one either.

Too much corruption and cheating and that is not easily changed. That is the real obstacle in the land of smiles.

Taking sides of Red or Yellow won't change that fact. Taking sides is an easy way to avoid the true hard work of fixing what is wrong.

Sorry to say, but I need to be frank here, if you only support the reds, or you only support the yellows, I have to think you are naive. Instead of hating the other side, each side should get their own camps in order.

Edited by wlcart

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so pls refrain frm making comments like "send in the big guns and clean house" .... there are real people with families on both sides like u and me...

No, they are not like you and me...we are not pulling people out of trucks and beating them.

Am not siding with the Reds and not condoning wht they did to those Armymen ... i meant both sides i.e.; Army and Reds...

Why do u think taking somebody's life is so easy.... those guys in Army uniforms are also human.

Talking about spin.

Isn't it ironic that every time an incident is fully caught on camera by the international press it turns out it wasn't the dirty reds after all.

Right about now the yellow spinners are having a hard time coming up with a story to explain the CNN footage of the shot Canadian.

I bet that news reporter shot himself! Just like Seh Daeng, who also shot himself.

Not only did that reporter do it to himself, but far from the reds, alone in front of the army he said " help me..." than shot himself again for good measure.

Please don't tell the reporters that he got 500 Baht from Thaksin to shoot himself. Or we'll have hundreds of foreign reporters in Sukhumvit shooting themselves.

:)

Edited by redparrot

Oh Ok, you know something? If I walked up to the Whitehouse with a Molotov cocktail flaming in my hand because I wanted to change the government, I would honestly expect to be shot...

Hello bkkjohnny69, news for you: this is not the USA.

In Bangkok some people don't like it if protesters are shot and killed by the army. face it.

Maybe you should go to the USA, guess that is your home and not BKK, right?

Talking about spin.

Isn't it ironic that every time an incident is fully caught on camera by the international press it turns out it wasn't the dirty reds after all.

Right about now the yellow spinners are having a hard time coming up with a story to explain the CNN footage of the shot Canadian.

I bet that news reporter shot himself! Just like Seh Daeng, who also shot himself.

Not only did that reporter do it to himself, but far from the reds, alone in front of the army he said " help me..." than shot himself again for good measure.

Please don't tell the reporters that he got 500 Baht from Thaksin to shoot himself. Or we'll have hundreds of foreign reporters in Sukhumvit shooting themselves.

I really dont understand how you guys can make jokes about someone getting shot, especially a non combatant?

The Nation: As of 10 pm, several gunshots were heard from the side of protesters at Rajprarop.

The protesters apparently fired at troops who were stationed on the Makkasan side.

Gunshots were also heard from the side of the troops.

At 10:30 pm, four explosion sounds were heard from the side of the protesters in what the protesters seemed to fire grenades at the troops.

The Nation: Areas to avoid tonight: Din Daeng & Bon Kai. Reds are armed well there according to reporters at the area. Please RT!

These folks can longer be called protesters. They are terrorists who are trying to overthrow the state. The red leaders have declared "War" many times in the past and it looks as though they got their wish. I do hope the leaders are captured this evening and executed for their crimes against the state if found guilty. For the terrorists carrying weapons and grenades, they too should suffer for their crimes against the state.

Edited by frodo

Oh Ok, you know something? If I walked up to the Whitehouse with a Molotov cocktail flaming in my hand because I wanted to change the government, I would honestly expect to be shot...

In Bangkok some people don't like it if protesters are shot and killed by the army. face it.

And Americans can actually go to other countries and kill people if they don't like the govt.... :)

The Nation: As of 10 pm, several gunshots were heard from the side of protesters at Rajprarop.

The protesters apparently fired at troops who were stationed on the Makkasan side.

At 10:30 pm, four explosion sounds were heard from the side of the protesters in what the protesters seemed to fire grenades at the troops.

These folks can longer be called protesters. They are terrorists who are trying to overthrow the state. The red leaders have declared "War" many times in the past and it looks as though they got their wish. I do hope the leaders are captured this evening and executed for their crimes against the state if found guilty. For the terrorists carrying weapons and grenades, they too should suffer for their crimes against the state.

The army are sitting ducks in the dark. I don't think anyone will be getting captured, and most casualties will probably be troops till dawn.

I know something too!

What would happen if I stormed the White House with my supporters and lived there for 8 months? Then I'd also send out a few of my supporters to take over JFK International and LaGuardia airports and hold all the airplanes hostage for 10 days.

Will one of my biggest supporters get the post of Foreign Minister in the next administration? And will I get to walk on bail after 30 minutes, run around without being charged for 2 years and then come out again and organize more protests?

Last election, reds got the most votes but NOT EVEN CLOSE to a majority. Next ... Red apologists, please use facts if you have them rather than lies.

PPP got 233 MP seats in a parliament with 480 seats in total.

How far they have been from a majority? And when it starts to be close to a majority? Can you explain Falang USA?

My Windows calculator tells me they were 8 MP seats short of a majority! Count in Newin's seats, who cheated his supporters by siding with Thaksin before the election and then jumping ship to the Democrats ...and you've got a majority. Maybe that's why the Democrats are so reluctant to hold elections?

Newin's seats were part of the 233. They became the BJT after the PPP was disbanded.

Also, there were a number of MPs banned (from most parties) for electoral fraud immediately after the election, and the MPs (PPP executive) banned from the PPP in 2008.

The PPP/PTP didn't do very well in the by-elections, which would probably flow on in the next election.

In order not to read banned posters coming back as new poster names I now "ignore" (by using the ignore function) all new registered posters from May 10th onwards.

It tends to clean up the board and remove lots of drivel I find :)

Anyway, things do seem to be kicking off in many places around Bangkok now, given its Saturday tomorrow and loads more people heading into Bangkok it could spread city wide (more so than now) by later tomorrow.

Lets hope not, lets hope Abhisit finds some sense and simply dissolves the house and calls for elections, I mean, what is he so scared of if he thinks he is legitimate and loved by the majority ? How many more people must die before this sham of a government stops clinging to power "at all costs regardless to loss of life".

there is no need for "negotiations" with these war mongers at this point, round them up and punish them. they are keen on burning buses and inciting violence.

when I passed through the area about 1:00 pm I could feel the tension in the air. happy I got outta there in time before it really started up. Man oh man are the supporters just a bunch of filthy scrubs. you have to seem 'em and then you can't deny.

What a fool you really are for going through that area today.

Another silly farang.

Im just waiting for pictures of drunk ones mingling with the reds and making us all look very stupid indeed.

maybe he works or lives round there ? , I was in Pratunam today and I´m not stupid , I went to secure my shop , smart move thinks I

I really dont understand how you guys can make jokes about someone getting shot, especially a non combatant?

The joke isn't in what I wrote, but in what others wrote. The video clearly shows who shot him, and shot him repeatedly.

The army are sitting ducks in the dark. I don't think anyone will be getting captured, and most casualties will probably be troops till dawn.

Unfortunately, you may be correct.

Bon Kai community is expected to be a major battlefield tonight as fresh protesters turned up to confront troops.

I know something too!

What would happen if I stormed the White House with my supporters and lived there for 8 months? Then I'd also send out a few of my supporters to take over JFK International and LaGuardia airports and hold all the airplanes hostage for 10 days.

Will one of my biggest supporters get the post of Foreign Minister in the next administration? And will I get to walk on bail after 30 minutes, run around without being charged for 2 years and then come out again and organize more protests?

Actually, something similar to that did happen in America. Not in the Foreign Ministry but the Treasury Department.

Edited by lannarebirth

Most countries are run by a minority of the population - it has always been that way and always will be. This is not about "the people" taking control of Thailand but about which self interested group of politicians has power - overthrowing governments should be left to either the ballot box or the army. It wont matter a jot in real terms to thai peasant farmers, the hotels and tourist businesses and more importantly the people who feed their families from the deserted or closed down market areas.......it is easy enough to convince a few thousand people with the right oratry that change is possible but it simply isnt - NO politican promises can ever be counted on and it is all too easy for governments to do "just enough" to convince people things are changing. The sad truth is that in the long term it wouldnt make a fraction of a difference to ordinary people whether they are governed by Abhisit, Thaksin or even the army. It is commerce, business and tourism that can bring benefits to them in the long term (and I mean for the next generation) When will people learn their are no short term wins for ordinary people no matter where in the world you live!

In order not to read banned posters coming back as new poster names I now "ignore" (by using the ignore function) all new registered posters from May 10th onwards.

It tends to clean up the board and remove lots of drivel I find :)

Anyway, things do seem to be kicking off in many places around Bangkok now, given its Saturday tomorrow and loads more people heading into Bangkok it could spread city wide (more so than now) by later tomorrow.

Lets hope not, lets hope Abhisit finds some sense and simply dissolves the house and calls for elections, I mean, what is he so scared of if he thinks he is legitimate and loved by the majority ? How many more people must die before this sham of a government stops clinging to power "at all costs regardless to loss of life".

It also avoids you being updated with some facts occasionally too.

But it does not work like that in a true democracy.

Could you please provide an example of what you consider to be a "true democracy." I am unaware of any.

Myanmar and North Korea. The only other true Democracies besides Thailand. :)

I am 100% against the reds but maybe we shouldn't through the baby out with the bath water. Maybe dissolving parliament is the best option, after all, can this government ever recover anyway?

I know my statement is a bit of a contradiction, but still.

are

democracy is what the fight is all about. freedom of the people to vote and elect a government of their choice,this and not the choice of the Armed Forces in Thailand.in this civil war the only losers are the Thais themselves. the Reds are this fighting for their lives because of the repression they are suffering under the rich and powerful this has been going on for hundreds of years and now they will not give up. The Prime Minister will have to resign and face the charges of the people. This is the work of the New World order and the Bushes and the Blair's Rothschild's and Rockefeller's of this world are destroying democracy. Is it is going to end I think not -- I wish it would . The UK now has a new government Thailand needs one to. don't blame the people who want change. twice the government that was elected have been deposed. back the reds

well said...

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" JFK

Tahksin is FAR from Gandhi or Martin Luther King. Tahksin is more like Bush/Cheney.

Thanks for the first on the board to spell Gandhi right.... but then u spoiled it all with Thaksin .... lol

:D That'll teach me, next time it's back to my usual cut&paste! :)

I just told my wife that I really hope the King is healthy and doing well through to the end of all this, and beyond.

In Thailand, it is apparent that for some bizarre reason, as long as you shout loud enough and have enough people behind you, you can do as you like.

Unless you are the army, and then all you have to do is bring a gun.

I believed that the precedent of having a coup in and around the PAD shamozzle would create a terrible precedent, and here we have it. The PAD taking the airport, removed all sense of fair play, and opened up a free for all. Moral right has trumped the law of the land and all reasonable behaviour.

The ludicrous thing is that in some parts of the supposedly more right wing parts of the world, if someone breaks into your house, you can shoot him, in supposedly more left you can't. But in Bangkok, sitting on a street depending on which shirt you wear, if the police crack down on you they get analysed by spiky haired CSI amateurs and you can potentially lose your career, but if you wear another colour it comes to a point of apparent legal war.

Until the law and taxation handles all equally, this country will struggle. (And before you jump on me, please recognise who does not pay taxes in this country).

I really dont understand kissdani or what she is called playing the farang this and that card on a expat website for the most part.

Did she lose a lover to a farang? That cute one saw the light of being with man instead of any old Tom, Pik or Marry?

Sad for her I guess, is she really cant figure out why people on this forum appear to care much more about what is going on than on any of her butchy websites.

I suspect its long past her bedtime but with schools cancelled tomorrow, she has alot of free time on her hands to broaden her English vocabulary...hence the reason she is here? One can only speculate.

I am going to express my opinion as to why all this is happening. I will not reply to any comments on my opinion.

In order to place my opinion in perspective, please consider the following.

I have lived in Thailand for 21 years. I originally was invited to come as a technical expert. I am fluent in spoken and written Thai at the post-graduate level. From 1990-2000, I worked in 72 provinces on projects for the Ministries of Interior, Public Health, Education, and Communications, mostly in very rural areas.

In addition to my technical background, I have an MA in Religion, concentration in Buddhism. I have spent 3 years in monasteries, both in Thailand and my home country.

I lived in Issan for 11 years, and for the past 10 years have lived in Bangkok. In Issan, I used to attend the monthly meetings of my city's "informal" governing committee - the mayor, the provincial police chief, an army general, and 5 businessmen. In Bangkok, when I worked on government projects, I used to attend functions hosted by by the Royal Family.

The anti-government movement is largely funded directly or indirectly by Thaksin's clan. The balance is proved by certain other Sino-Thai business clans.

The goal of the Thaksin group is to attain control of Thailand once an inevitable event occurs.

Given that there is a kingdom at stake, the group is spending vast amounts of money in order to foment and sustain an insurrection.

Because so much already has been spent, the group cannot accept defeat; therefore, they now will employ any and all tactics in order to win.

The situation is complicated by the fact that the group's appointed local leadership are rapidly losing control over the entity that they have created.

:D

Excellent post Harold. Best post I've seen on this situation. Confirmed a lot of my own suspicions. Thank you.

Thanks Harold, Pretty much what I've surmised, though you've got some added inside info. I'm the one who was aghast at seeing the large poster of Thaksin, in my northern Thai town, - a formal portrait of him dressed in royal robes. The poster was put up while he was still PM.

Sorry, but I find that hard to believe. If it was true, I'm sure it would be used by the Democrats against Thaksin on every TV channel and newspaper.

You find it hard to believe? Wonder why? :) Could it be because you only believe what the red propaganda tells you, perhaps?

I saw this in the south of Thailand too. It happened. It was a big deal at the time. People were shocked at Thaksin's audacity. It's just one more reason why so many Thais hate him.

Edited by seahorse

I really dont understand kissdani or what she is called playing the farang this and that card on a expat website for the most part.

Did she lose a lover to a farang? That cute one saw the light of being with man instead of any old Tom, Pik or Marry?

Sad for her I guess, is she really cant figure out why people on this forum appear to care much more about what is going on than on any of her butchy websites.

I suspect its long past her bedtime but with schools cancelled tomorrow, she has alot of free time on her hands to broaden her English vocabulary...hence the reason she is here? One can only speculate.

:D

For the record, I had a parrot once. Hated the thing, it kept squawking and nipping at my ears all the time. However, it did have one thing going for it, it couldn't speak. :)