Samui Bike Week 2010

shirt.jpg

http://www.samuibikeweek.com/

11 June 2010

17:00 Welcome party, be entertained from our music

12 June 2010

10:00 Meet at Chaweng Lake, road parade join the campaign of “ Safe riding with helmet and headlight”

Leave Chaweng and ride towards Nathon and enjoy the ride around the Island

12:00 Go to Baan Phangka, release threatened fish spices and plants at the mangrove trees.

15:00 Move on to 2nd Samui Bikeweek Party at Chaweng Lake

16:00 Opening time to register, drinks will be served. Be entertained by live music and shows

20:00 Chairmen gives a speech to open 2nd Samui Bikeweek party.

Biker Representative exchange their souvenirs, enjoy show at your own leisure

24:00 End of Party

Edited by PoorSucker

Hey thanks PS!

Question for Samui residents:

Me and bunch of other riders coming from Phuket on 11th and looking for nice accomodation preferably close to the beach, Chaweng that is.

Someone recommended Al's Hut and upon looking at their site it doesn't look bad at all.

Would you recommend this place? Some of our guys will be coming with wifes and girlfiends and just want to make sure place is good as advertised.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by CroBiker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next weekend sees the 2nd Samui Bike Week, organised by the Samui Riders MC. Last year was the first event and was successful so this event should be bigger and better with Biker clubs attending from all over Thailand. The event is at Chaweng Lake at the Pavillion. Live Rock music on Saturday night and much more. Charity ride around the island on Saturday morning starting at Chaweng lake. My Club will have a stand there selling support T shirts and other local clubs will also be seling stuff. Come and say hello!!!!!!!!

Hey thanks PS!

Question for Samui residents:

Me and bunch of other riders coming from Phuket on 11th and looking for nice accomodation preferably close to the beach, Chaweng that is.

Someone recommended Al's Hut and upon looking at their site it doesn't look bad at all.

Would you recommend this place? Some of our guys will be coming with wifes and girlfiends and just want to make sure place is good as advertised.

Thanks in advance.

I'd try the Laem Din Hotel, its near all the facilities and the beach and almost walking distance to the bike event, They have a good pool and safe parking for the bikes. If you book through Agoda its very cheap about 900 Baht.

Support T-Shirt always good..

..saw this on the road...

DSCN3764.jpg

who starred on the bike for this ad...?

What a terrible poster. Designed by a thai person, not understanding the cultural reference of a monkey to westerners. And they have their club colours on the tank!!! It's the same as putting a buffalo on the bike. Quite insulting!!! :)

There's a lot of things we can't do. Is that because it's still early days on the new design and slowly things will start to open up, like being able to send PM's, see and edit my own profile etc?

There's a lot of things we can't do. Is that because it's still early days on the new design and slowly things will start to open up, like being able to send PM's, see and edit my own profile etc?

There's a section in General, devoted to teething problems with the new set-up. Sounds like your problem is being worked on.

I only managed the ride this morning due to work commitments. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though we got a bit wet!

The different bikes on show was awesome and the noise was amazing. Very enjoyable! I stopped and took a few pictures which I will post shortly... Now back to a cold server room. Yawn! :)

Never understood the whole biker thing.........

To me these easy riders sound horrible, just hurts your ears, why? Isn't there a way of making them quieter? Some of them do look cool, perhaps if I tried riding one I would get it, for the money of those harleys though you can get a decent car.

On the other hand......

Sports bikes, Ducati, fireblades etc, love them and they really do sound nice, on Thai roads though total suicide.

Those gold wings are funny, I saw some dude on one with a helmet on with the speakers on the outside of the helmet.........What is that about?

Most of the gold wing riders seemed to be on the wrong side of forty..... Not that there's anything wrong with that, but they do seem like the perfect midlife crises accessary.

Edited by womble