Economy Class

Dont matter who you fly with a top tip is to go to any pharmacy in Thailand and buy 4 of the big blue valiums take them just before you get to the airport by the time you are on the plane you are almost asleep and by the time you are in the air you are out for the count wake up 12 hours later and think how did i get back to the uk so quickly!! Works for me everytime :o

Just because somebody flys in Biz class doesn't mean they are rich. I certainly don't consider myself as 'Rich'. Business class tickets can be bought for as little as £1000 return! (73,000 baht) on the likes of Kuwait, Etihad, Turkish, and other similar airlines. KLM, Air France, Lufthansa, Alitalia etc come in at a starting price of £1300, and are much better. Its only when you go the route of BA, Singapore, Virgin, Qantas etc, where the prices start at £2500!!! And the service, and seats aren't much diferent to the KLM's, Lufthansas, and Air Frances of the world.

To get them at this low price, you need to shop around, and book & pay 'EARLY', like I do. As I say, Im not rich, and neither are the majority of people who fly BIZ class. I just couldn't stomach a 12 hour flight crammed in cattle class. The Benefits of flying business class, are the 50% - Double miles you earn, and the regular upgrades to 'First Class', sometimes you get upgraded free!!! Becoming a 'Gold Card' holder of the said airline, which enables you to Use the Business Class Lounge, and check in using the Business Class Line at the airport, even if your flying in Economy! :o

Edited by Mr Helper

An hour into the flight my extra drowsy antihistamine pills had failed to send me to sleep so I decided to get drunk and have a few gin and tonics.

Soon after the meal and just as my film was getting interesting, I needed to use the toilet as all the gin, juice, water and coffee had taken it’s toll on my bladder.

Always refused to use the Salvation Army hostel type airlines...Saudia,Iran,Ku8 Sudan on the grounds that even on an 11 hour dog watch flight you could never get a beer or in Scampys case a G&T.

Sounds as though K8 might have SEEN the light if they did indeed serve him up some "Ambrosia".......can taste the lemon now. :rolleyes:sure as soloman didnt when I made my last escape from sandilands.

Saying that one cant tar all the al salamis with the same brush. :D

Iraqi Air for all its faults used to serve up the amber in their shuttle flights between Basra/Baghdad but the way the pilots used to take off and land convinced me that maybe they were on something a little bit stronger ...or just praticing :o

Air Algerie from Paris to Oran -Tamarasset-Niger on one occasion asked me to sit at the back of the plane (ramadan)where they dished up everything imaginable but did not want to annoy the faithfull. :D ....more ice please ....inshalla....great stuff.

One of my most unusual jaunt was a freebe out of Stanstead to Lagos via Kano (r/t) with one of the old Al Hadgies 707 who not only had the odd tinny on board (cargo plane-sleep on top of the boxes)but he was always carrying about 500 cases of the best Scotch...amongst other things...but best not to ask. :D

Heard it went down a couple of years later...o well.... :D

Here is a good trick I use to get rid of people sat beside me, it works about 75% of the time. In economy class, it is a real pain to get sat next to an overweight or big person, they encroach on your own personal space, try this....

As soon as I am sitting in my row I ask people sitting either side of me or on one side of me to pass me their sick bags in their pouch. I explain politely and apologetically that I am violently air sick and that I apologise in advance if that disturbs them; particularly if they are eating later in the flight.

Then I sit back and start making throaty noises: Within minutes your contiguous neighbours will go and have a quiet chat with the host/hostess and request a move, at this point you have to hope that there are a couple of spare seats at the back for them to move to.

This really works, they end up apologising to you, and then you can stretch out and enjoy the luxury of more space in an economy seat.

(sick) syd. :o

I think it would be hard to beat this one. Last summer I had enough frequent flyer miles build up with United to fly from NC in the US to Bangkok. Being that it was the summer I really had to take what ever I could get, FF miles are not high on their priority list.

The trip home is where I ran in to the problem. Samui to Bangkok after which I spent five hours waiting for my flight to Singapore. A three hour layover there, then an eighteen hour ride to LA. Six hour layover there, then to Chicago. Five hour layover there, then home to RDU.

All together the trip took the better part of forty eight hours, three drunks, a hand full of V's and a lot of patience.

But at least it was free right, not to mention I had just spent two months in Thailand!

I think it would be hard to beat this one. Last summer I had enough frequent flyer miles build up with United to fly from NC in the US to Bangkok. Being that it was the summer I really had to take what ever I could get, FF miles are not high on their priority list.

The trip home is where I ran in to the problem. Samui to Bangkok after which I spent five hours waiting for my flight to Singapore. A three hour layover there, then an eighteen hour ride to LA. Six hour layover there, then to Chicago. Five hour layover there, then home to RDU.

All together the trip took the better part of forty eight hours, three drunks, a hand full of V's and a lot of patience.

But at least it was free right, not to mention I had just spent two months in Thailand!

Bright spots in the trip> flying Singapore air, great service

> Three drunks and the V's

> This guy that wanted some Thai baht for his collection

I gave him around five hundred baht, he gave me 115

Singapore dollars. Huge profit although I didn't know it at

the time.

Here is a good trick I use to get rid of people sat beside me, it works about 75% of the time. In economy class, it is a real pain to get sat next to an overweight or big person, they encroach on your own personal space, try this....

As soon as I am sitting in my row I ask people sitting either side of me or on one side of me to pass me their sick bags in their pouch. I explain politely and apologetically that I am violently air sick and that I apologise in advance if that disturbs them; particularly if they are eating later in the flight.

Then I sit back and start making throaty noises: Within minutes your contiguous neighbours will go and have a quiet chat with the host/hostess and request a move, at this point you have to hope that there are a couple of spare seats at the back for them to move to.

This really works, they end up apologising to you, and then you can stretch out and enjoy the luxury of more space in an economy seat.

(sick) syd. :o

Ohhhhh!! I love it... Will try it if I ever get on a plane again... Thank you. :D