Happy Hour Bars? Where?... Best Bars For Value

dmax

if its great cheap thai food you want go to the restraunt in naklua at corner of soi 27 2 shops up from anton the germans place , best ever ive been to !! also great place at market on top of soi bukaew they do a whole range of masaman and green curries and fried chicken etc cheap as !! i think for a very large bowl of rice and chicken green or daeng curry is like 30 baht , beat that ! and tasty too.

Thanks Dmax, I'll give it a try :)

yep, can't beat lovejoys and fantasy bar.

Theres one on third road near the pattaya tai junction - called nana bar that has singhas for 35 baht between 5-9 - the bar has mannequin's outside - the bar birds there mither though.

those 2 for 1 bars on soi chaiyapoon are alright too - but get full with purple-nosed farangs

:)

whats a mither bird is it similar to a minor bird like in cage at caddy shack.

do you mean they give you a hard time-----------it is a northern saying lancashire i believe

• 2 weeks later...
if you think that 45 baht is a pound or thereabouts then a small beer is more expensive in thailand than here in uk where i can get a bottle of budweiser for 50 pence = 25 baht ....i wont be near walking street as its hard to find a bar that does a small leo below 70 baht , thats easily around £1.50 at todays rates.

i still say kate siree bar on soi bukaew , i really do not know how in hel_l the owners make money selling big leos at 60 baht.... cant beat sitting there watching the world roll by at night, not forgetting the eye candy :)

I have never been to a bar in the UK and paid 50p for a beer. Average price of a bottled beer in Nottingham city centre is over £3.00

they have sports footie etc on a big screen at outside back of bar and plenty of long bar stools at bench right on the road edge, no music or ladies but i like the place .

No Music, no ladies, so what's the benefit? Beer for free? :)