Red Stamps In Vientiane

Just curious when those who have received red stamps in Vientiane are getting them? Is it basically after they've been issued 2 tourist visas and are applying for the 3rd?

Some feedback from those who have received red stamps would be great.

Thanks.

There have been a number of threads with the subject of "red stamp" and "Vientiane." In cases where the details were stated, it always seemed to be a case of the officer looking at the passport as a whole and judging whether he/she believes there has been an excessive number of tourist visas; total visas, not just from one embassy/consulate.

Immigration's feeling is obviously that someone looking to stay long-term in Thailand should obtain the proper non-immigrant visa rather than use the tourist visa for non-intended purposes.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltasia.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

• 1 month later...

hi,

But when the problems started (red stamp) everybody was talking about it, then I never read what happened to people who got the red stamp when they tried to apply fo a new toursit visa ?

Thanks.

I think I was first one to wrote about getting red stamp from Vientiane. After that I just went to Phom Penh and got single tourist visa, no problem.

Go back and see if they'll give you another. The stamp doesn't say you can't or won't be granted another one.

This is what the red stamp says:

The Embassy may not accept the application next time.

You really have nothing to worry about.

I got four double entries in a row without any hassle. Had to change passports, and am now on my fifth in a row.

In the words of Public Enemy - Don't believe the hype.

Certainly don't worry about it.

Go back and see if they'll give you another. The stamp doesn't say you can't or won't be granted another one.

This is what the red stamp says:

The Embassy may not accept the application next time.

You really have nothing to worry about.

I got four double entries in a row without any hassle. Had to change passports, and am now on my fifth in a row.

In the words of Public Enemy - Don't believe the hype.

Certainly don't worry about it.

I would worry, they refuse people without any hesitation.

You also got a new passport, hence your count start again.

I would worry, they refuse people without any hesitation.

Really? Refuse? White westerners who only are applying for their 2nd TR like the OP?

So people going for a second TR need to worry?

Edited by thomo

Do you mean 4 in a row in your old passport, and now one so far in your new passport?

Did you get a new passport because of a red stamp, or for an unrelated reason?

Do you mean 4 in a row in your old passport

Yup, no problems at all. Know some people with 6 and 7 Tourist Visas in a row.

Did you get a new passport because of a red stamp,

Nope. Never even seen a red stamp. Or know anyone who has one.

BTW, the red stamp doesn't say you're not going to get another TR.

or for an unrelated reason?

Full passport.

I had a 96 page 10 year passport that expired in 2008. I now have a proper 1 year ext. of stay. I was in a different era so cant comment about what's going on now but my passport was chock full of border crossings and visas obtained in the region and I never had a prob but things may have changed by now

I never did get a red stamp. I suspect the embassies and consulates have info as to whether someone is working illegally and thus give out a red stamp. Also I think that certain nationalities get refused after a few visas in a row (filipinas)

Edited by The Professor