Situation For Looking For Teaching Position

Hello all.

I am just testing the lay of the land.

I am considering moving back to Thailand but have not worked in Thailand for about 4 or 5 years. Can anyone provide me with the present situation regarding looking for Teaching positions in Thailand.

I am concerned about the global downturn and how it is effecting Thailand and also the recent problems in Bangkok.

Many Thanks

Thanks for your info.....very much appreciated.

Can you advise if the jobs market was flat before the recent problems in BKK, ie caused by the global downturn, or was it the the BKK problems that caused the flatline in the jobs market. I would like to guage the situation for the future and if I am aware of what caused the situation I can keep an eye on that sector. Thanks

Thanks for your info.....very much appreciated.

Can you advise if the jobs market was flat before the recent problems in BKK, ie caused by the global downturn, or was it the the BKK problems that caused the flatline in the jobs market. I would like to guage the situation for the future and if I am aware of what caused the situation I can keep an eye on that sector. Thanks

In my opinion the job market was flat before the current troubles flared up, it started to go down a long time ago, and is continuing to slide.

A good thing to do is check out www.ajarn.com, see the amount of jobs, maybe it will pick up, as school is starting and maybe some teachers were afraid to travel and have found work elsewhere.