Roses To Immigration Staff At Chaeng Wattana Today!

Hi!

I was at Chaeng Wattana today to make my 90 day report.

There were load and load of ppl there of course, because the immigration has been closed for 1 week.

I came there around 13.30 and i finally got my quene ticket at 14.00.

I hade to wait until 18.00 until i got my passport back and could leave the building.

Immigration originally closes at 16.30 but they said over and over again that they would help everyone who came there today and it would be open until the last person was done.

At 18.00 when i left the building there were still over 200 ppl left, only to make their 90 day report.

For the other counters i don't know.

Even though they had holiday all last week and had to make up for it in ONE day, they were so nice and polite. I was given correct, polite and adequate service from everyone came in contact with.

Even though i had to wait for the whole afternoon, it was ok.

So if anyone from Immigration Division1 in Chaeng Wattana reads this, THANK YOU SO MUCH for fantastic work and superb service today!

/Comehome :)

Totally agree!

I was there today to work on my visa extension and re-entry permit. Got there at 1030 and finished everything at 1630. It's a long wait, but this is an unusual time. And the staff are working non-stop (normally they will close for lunch break but not today) and promised to finish all the visitors with the cue cards. Looking at the crowd I guess they won't get to finish until 7 or 8pm.

My kudos to them too!

Totally agree!

I was there today to work on my visa extension and re-entry permit. Got there at 1030 and finished everything at 1630. It's a long wait, but this is an unusual time. And the staff are working non-stop (normally they will close for lunch break but not today) and promised to finish all the visitors with the cue cards. Looking at the crowd I guess they won't get to finish until 7 or 8pm.

My kudos to them too!

If that's a good time at ChaenWattana, I feel a bit sorry for you. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I can go to the one-stop Service Center in Chanchuri Square. Begin of April I came and was gone within 15 min.

You had to wait at Immigration from 13:30 until 18:00 to report and you want to send them roses? You call this good service?

If they really cared they would have issued some directive allowing reporting to be done over a week rather than having many hundreds of foreigners wasting most of their day (and evening) there.

Why did they have to make up for a week long closure in one day?

Edited by tropo

You had to wait at Immigration from 13:30 until 18:00 to report and you want to send them roses? You call this good service?

If they really cared they would have issued some directive allowing reporting to be done over a week rather than having many hundreds of foreigners wasting most of their day (and evening) there.

Theres always one in every crowd that do'nt see the silver lining in the cloud.Oops did I just rhyme? :)

Theres always one in every crowd that do'nt see the silver lining in the cloud.Oops did I just rhyme? :)

Where was that silver lining?

Oh, I get it, he didn't have to wait 6 hours. :D

If I had to report on a Monday after a week long closure I would expected an extremely large crowd and queued up at least 1 hour before they opened. At least then I probably would have cut my waiting time down to an hour or less.

Edited by tropo

Just the fact any government office works past normal closing time is a positive thing. But in my little pea brain it would seem smarter and easier on immigration and it's customers to stretch out the grace period to more than just one specific day, which automatically creates one of those scenes of shoppers busting down the Walmart doors at 6am in the morning for a 2 hour sale. But with this being said, it's still a positive thing what Bangkok Immigration did.

When someone says thanks, just say "you are welcome"

or say nothing.

Slamming a thread or a person who says "thank you"

is extremely low of people and those who did should be

truely ashamed of themselves.

And now for my suspension from TV, lol

When someone says thanks, just say "you are welcome"

or say nothing.

Slamming a thread or a person who says "thank you"

is extremely low of people and those who did should be

truely ashamed of themselves.

And now for my suspension from TV, lol

I missed your flame, but really, you should relax. Disagreeing with a person's sentiments is not "slamming a thread or a person", it's offering a different point of view.

Glad you were very happy with the service at Chaeng Wattana Immigration does provide good service. But based on your post above, you may want to look into adjusting your medications strength and/or setting your browser security to only view happy face responses on ThaiVisa. Definitely no shortage of different opinions on ThaiVisa; even in "your" thread.

hihi no medicaiton here but i guess i got fed up for once...:D

It is ok to think differently, that is not the issue. As usual it is all about HOW you say it.:)

You can get the message through without all the enhancing negative words...as i also am very good at using when I get upset. Those words are only blocking ppl from recieving the true message and that is the problem to true communication.

I have a degree on this and i don't want to discuss it any further, if that is ok with you.

I think that some ppl are only using forums to throw out their negative thoughts and feelings, and perhaps there should be forums for only that. But crashing someone elses thread with hatred just because it is enhancing something positive for a change, is just not fair. Even though i see that i did overreact a bit in my prev. post.

Can't edit it now, even though i want to.

Nvm

Stay safe!

hihi no medicaiton here but i guess i got fed up for once...:D

It is ok to think differently, that is not the issue. As usual it is all about HOW you say it.:)

You can get the message through without all the enhancing negative words...as i also am very good at using when I get upset. Those words are only blocking ppl from recieving the true message and that is the problem to true communication.

I have a degree on this and i don't want to discuss it any further, if that is ok with you.

I think that some ppl are only using forums to throw out their negative thoughts and feelings, and perhaps there should be forums for only that. But crashing someone elses thread with hatred just because it is enhancing something positive for a change, is just not fair. Even though i see that i did overreact a bit in my prev. post.

Nvm

Stay safe!

I must have missed a few (deleted) posts because all I see on this thread is one "negative" post suggesting that having to wait 4 1/2 hours is NOT good service.

Obviously I haven't been in Thailand long enough to be convinced that a 4 1/2 hour wait at immigration is flower worthy.

Edited by tropo

hihi no medicaiton here but i guess i got fed up for once... :D

It is ok to think differently, that is not the issue. As usual it is all about HOW you say it. :)

Nvm

Stay safe!

More flowers to Emigration Police Chaeng Wattana.I was there yesterday (Monday) and under the circunstances they are doing an excelent job.Congratulations again

I was there too.

Hat's off to the staff, they worked hard, and I'm sure it was appreciated by all of us who were there.

I was applying for an extension to my Non'O' visa, and was one copy short. "No problem, it's very busy downstairs at the copy shop. I'll do it for you here" said the lady.

Very helpful.

It's unfortunate that some on the forum are 'glass half empty', as opposed to 'glass half full' people.

Edited by jaiyenyen

It's unfortunate that some on the forum are 'glass half empty', as opposed to 'glass half full' people.

Some of us just see things for what they are - 'realists' and prefer not to live in a fantasy world.