Thai Cabinet Extends Curfew 4 Days, Shortens Hours

webfact

Now you want to log my IP?? I'm running it through two proxys which makes it untraceable u d***

And that are TWO usernames you evidently use now, thank you so much for the extra information.

Expect a ban and a knock on the door real soon. Better add a third proxy while you're at it :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not found all murdered bodies to steal ??

Oh sorry, too many yellow shirted farangs here...

Be happy, kids, it is NOT over..

Your IP is logged, as are your terrorist threats. Would one of the moderators please forward this to the CRES?

Thanks in advance.

Don't be such an idiot. Of course its not over, evreything will start to gather steam again and it will happen again. How many coups have there been in the last 60 years?? 16 or 17?? can't quite remember.. If you know your Thai history you will know that there is only a coup when there is a popular government in power.. (popular with the majority of the country that is).

It won't happen now though because the 'correct' people are in the government.

This is how things will go until Thailand gets true democracy (ie. you can say what you want about certain things without fear of prison):

Government elected by the majority of Thai people = Military Coup

Government put in place by the elite =Peoples Uprising

Remember if you are in Thailand, everything you will hear about Thaksin is bad. Everything you will hear about the Government is good.

Thaksin is no angel but you're a fool to believe everything you hear or read in Thailand.

Now you want to log my IP?? I'm running it through two proxys which makes it untraceable u d***

If you live in Thailand using a proxy is the only way to know what is really going on because your precious government has blocked so many websites.

Fools

mods can;t u do something about this member, is not inciting violence against the rules?

I wonder if in some odd way this curfew is a form of retaliation toward the Isaan population who in the main would b viewed as Red Shirts. When you think about it in an X-Files type conspiracy way, being all Isaan are poor, and most of the ladies working bar jobs at night come from Isaan, who are the main losers in this curfew? See what i mean?

If they keep on the way they are going there won't be any customers for the working girls!

Why not simply have the curfew at say 2AM until 2.05AM - another well thought out government plan!

Piss up / Brewery comes to mind with anything this govt. tries to organise, or should I say "make an arse of"

We know it is not over. You seem to take joy in that. Until Thaksin Shinawatra somehow, someway, disappears, the Reds will keep coming. Those Reds taking government paid buses back to the north & northeast said it is not over. That they will be back and fight to the death. That's exactly what Thaksin wants to hear. Have other die for him. The terrorist Red Shirt leaders that are arrested are just the tip of the iceberg. With all the hate speech and anti-government propaganda beemed into the homes of these uneducated followers (sheep) by Thaksin's Red Shirt (UDD) television, radio, etc. the hatred for all of Bangkok and the present government will only intensify. Not one word was said by these protesters against the "elites" mentioned the thousands of poor who lost their job in Bkk because of their protesting. These old, illiterate women that the Reds used as a shield, did not have to pull the trigger of an AK47, throw a Molotov Cocktail, fired a grenade, they were a part of the violence by their very presence. The military needs to be on guard & the police force in Bkk needs to be revamped (all of the rank of sergeant or above must be fired - it was evident that they were working for Thaksin and his terrorist Reds) and be prepared for these Red Terrorists. Like you said Botho, "it is NOT over." We shall see how many are willing to die for Thaksin and the crooks who are quite wealthy in Isaan while the peasants work their land and make them quite wealthy. I say Government get ready and meet force with force this time. And, no, I am not a Yellow Shirt, I would have jailed everyone of the leaders who protested at the airport as I would have jailed the Reds that attacked the ASEAN meeting in Pattaya and the Reds that burned the buses one year ago at Songkran. Riot and go to prison. Engage in violence and face the guns of the military.

What happens with air flights that arrive 11;30 pm, and passengers have to get to hotels, homes, etc after midnight? Still OK if can show a passport and travel documents? How can taxis be exempt from curfew?

No problem don't worry, no problem rarely would you be stopped and if you are just tell them late flight and show I.D.

I wonder if in some odd way this curfew is a form of retaliation toward the Isaan population who in the main would b viewed as Red Shirts. When you think about it in an X-Files type conspiracy way, being all Isaan are poor, and most of the ladies working bar jobs at night come from Isaan, who are the main losers in this curfew? See what i mean?

That's what I was thinking.... helps turn the (BKK) people even more aginst the reds.

If the rift between the two areas grows much more, this may become a BKK- vs. 'The North' battle in the near future. I really hope not.

It doesn't have to be. Isaan needs Bangkok much more than Bkk needs Isaan. Cut Isaan lose and let them form their own landlocked country. Their crops are subsidised from Bkk. If they are their own country there will be no more government handouts. They cannot sell their crops to Laos or Cambodia because they are competitors. They will have to sell their products to Bkk, which has the seaports. This needs to be talked about because the Reds totally control Isaan and totally control the minds of the uneducated masses who are willing to die for Thaksin. They will attack Bkk again and again. Put soldiers on the border & check each person coming to Bkk from the country of Isaan. They aren't worth the trouble.

We know it is not over. You seem to take joy in that. Until Thaksin Shinawatra somehow, someway, disappears, the Reds will keep coming. Those Reds taking government paid buses back to the north & northeast said it is not over. That they will be back and fight to the death. That's exactly what Thaksin wants to hear. Have other die for him. The terrorist Red Shirt leaders that are arrested are just the tip of the iceberg. With all the hate speech and anti-government propaganda beemed into the homes of these uneducated followers (sheep) by Thaksin's Red Shirt (UDD) television, radio, etc. the hatred for all of Bangkok and the present government will only intensify. Not one word was said by these protesters against the "elites" mentioned the thousands of poor who lost their job in Bkk because of their protesting. These old, illiterate women that the Reds used as a shield, did not have to pull the trigger of an AK47, throw a Molotov Cocktail, fired a grenade, they were a part of the violence by their very presence. The military needs to be on guard & the police force in Bkk needs to be revamped (all of the rank of sergeant or above must be fired - it was evident that they were working for Thaksin and his terrorist Reds) and be prepared for these Red Terrorists. Like you said Botho, "it is NOT over." We shall see how many are willing to die for Thaksin and the crooks who are quite wealthy in Isaan while the peasants work their land and make them quite wealthy. I say Government get ready and meet force with force this time. And, no, I am not a Yellow Shirt, I would have jailed everyone of the leaders who protested at the airport as I would have jailed the Reds that attacked the ASEAN meeting in Pattaya and the Reds that burned the buses one year ago at Songkran. Riot and go to prison. Engage in violence and face the guns of the military.

A Thai court issued orders on Tuesday to arrest former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra on terrorism charges, accusing him of helping to fund two months of anti-government riots.

The court says there is enough evidence to believe that Thaksin was the mastermind of weeks of anti-government riots that began in April and left 88 people dead and 1,400 wounded.

Government officials say Thaksin contributed millions of dollars toward the 10 weeks of protests and is believed to have organized the smuggling of arms and fighters from Cambodia.

Arresting Shinawatra may not be easy. It's believed the telecom tycoon has resided in Dubai since his ouster in a coup in 2006, but he keeps his location secret. He was last believed to be in France for the Cannes film festival.

Thai prosecutors and the Foreign Ministry said they would launch a global hunt for Thaksin. If he is captured and convicted, he could be sentenced to death.

Your IP is logged, as are your terrorist threats. Would one of the moderators please forward this to the CRES?

Thanks in advance.

Don't be such an idiot. Of course its not over, evreything will start to gather steam again and it will happen again. How many coups have there been in the last 60 years?? 16 or 17?? can't quite remember.. If you know your Thai history you will know that there is only a coup when there is a popular government in power.. (popular with the majority of the country that is).

It won't happen now though because the 'correct' people are in the government.

This is how things will go until Thailand gets true democracy (ie. you can say what you want about certain things without fear of prison):

Government elected by the majority of Thai people = Military Coup

Government put in place by the elite =Peoples Uprising

Remember if you are in Thailand, everything you will hear about Thaksin is bad. Everything you will hear about the Government is good.

Thaksin is no angel but you're a fool to believe everything you hear or read in Thailand.

If you live in Thailand using a proxy is the only way to know what is really going on because your precious government has blocked so many websites.

Fools

mods can;t u do something about this member, is not inciting violence against the rules?

Looks like a NUT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suck this up you Red licker

A Thai court issued orders on Tuesday to arrest former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra on terrorism charges, accusing him of helping to fund two months of anti-government riots.

The court says there is enough evidence to believe that Thaksin was the mastermind of weeks of anti-government riots that began in April and left 88 people dead and 1,400 wounded.

Government officials say Thaksin contributed millions of dollars toward the 10 weeks of protests and is believed to have organized the smuggling of arms and fighters from Cambodia.

Arresting Shinawatra may not be easy. It's believed the telecom tycoon has resided in Dubai since his ouster in a coup in 2006, but he keeps his location secret. He was last believed to be in France for the Cannes film festival.

Thai prosecutors and the Foreign Ministry said they would launch a global hunt for Thaksin. If he is captured and convicted, he could be sentenced to death.

at first the Government didn't do anything .. n let the buildings burn n ppl to gather as mobs .... (which made the ordinary ppl life miserable)

now as an over reaction .. they are putting curfews to enhance the miseries ....

THANK YOU GOVERNMENT >. :S

12am to 4am is over reaction, are you nuts? Let's know forget those that started these miseries!

at first the Government didn't do anything .. n let the buildings burn n ppl to gather as mobs .... (which made the ordinary ppl life miserable)

now as an over reaction .. they are putting curfews to enhance the miseries ....

THANK YOU GOVERNMENT >. :S

12am to 4am is over reaction, are you nuts? Let's know forget those that started these miseries!

Why do you insist on blaming all of these miseries on Adam and Eve ?

Looks like a NUT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suck this up you Red licker

Do tell us why the case was held behind closed doors?

Why were the public and the press barred from the hearing?

Possibly a measure of things to come...

Seems a bit silly to have a curfew for 4 hours a day! :)

Come on. Everyone knows that terrorists and demonstrators wear black masks and therefore can only be active in the hours of 12-4. And it saves the police having to stay up late after a hard day of grafting.....sorry I meant to write a day of hard graft.. oh you know what I mean.

Seems a bit silly to have a curfew for 4 hours a day

they had this in S-Korea from the late 60ties into 1975 (approx.), everything good

'n' evil had to be done before midnight; it simply turns into a habit and standing

exercise

Did it in the Phillippines also in the late 70's/early '80's. It was so common both bad and good people developed workarounds and the police basically looked the other way as long as you were off the streets; but you could still be inside a bar plotting the conquest of the universe with a 100 of your storm troopers.

Quite right and that was the time Marcos took over and claimed the country was so in need of help that only Martial Law could save them from the violence and look how long Martial Law ended up staying in and its legacy to this day that allowed massive corruption to become part of the populace from the bottom to the top of Pinoy society!

Let's hope that as the years progress that factions of the "old guard" don't deem it necessary to enact Martial Law to maintain "stability", or in other words continue to do business the way they have always done. Clearly the underlying hatred, distrust and gaps in Thai society are still concealed.

All the last security operation managed to do was quell a major protest which began to turn into a minor uprising. The essential societal problems still have not been addressed, hence the potential for more violence or protests to flare up exist for a later date. This is a major flaw in the local culture; this inability to directly confront a problem leaving complainants just to smile and take it but underneath a simmering anger boils inside. Problem is, if this anger is unleashed the government may hinge on the same idea as the Philippines did many years ago and invoke Marital Law. Don't think they won't or can't. The military are clearly still in charge here, just check recent historical coups since the 70's and then say it won't or can't! :)

Extending the curfew is completely retarded, all it's doing is hurting businesses which are already badly hurt, except for the taxi I had to pay a few extra hundred baht to to take me home at 10PM tonight, he is doing quite well. :)

I supported the government during their waiting game, now that the violence is OBVIOUSLY over kindly let us get back to our lives. If they are worried about late night mischief makers maybe they could form a REAL police department that could stay up late and protect us from that instead of the useless brown-shirted beggars and bums we have now. I say fire them all and start fresh.

-Pissed off in Bangkok, more than usual which is really something. :D

Extending the curfew is completely retarded, all it's doing is hurting businesses which are already badly hurt, except for the taxi I had to pay a few extra hundred baht to to take me home at 10PM tonight, he is doing quite well. :)

I supported the government during their waiting game, now that the violence is OBVIOUSLY over kindly let us get back to our lives. If they are worried about late night mischief makers maybe they could form a REAL police department that could stay up late and protect us from that instead of the useless brown-shirted beggars and bums we have now. I say fire them all and start fresh.

-Pissed off in Bangkok, more than usual which is really something. :D

I totally agree... There are much more inconveniences with a curfew now (even if it's just 4 hours a night) affecting a few million people than what the red shirts did in a few weeks which affected a lot of people, and they have my sympathy, however it was on a much smaller scale.

To have this curfew now reminds me so much of that "great" energy saving measure (it was Thaksin's idea...) when all petrol stations (except a few selected ones) had to close at night to make people stop using their vehicles... Luckily it's abolished now, some high ranking government guy might have just ran out of gas in the middle of the night. And also similarly this booze selling ban for stores except between 11:00am to 2:00pm and 5:00pm to Midnight. Luckily there's this exception that you can buy 10 litres or more at any time of day or night. So what's the point?

A very prudish reaction, to say the least. The only trouble making there is between the sheets. And besides, generals own all the biggest bars, and they understand curfews are bad for business! :)

No curfew in Pattaya!

If it's going to be meaningful then it should be nation wide ... otherwise any trouble makers can just go to the location where there is no curfew ... so it's not really a curfew!

A very prudish reaction, to say the least. The only trouble making there is between the sheets. And besides, generals own all the biggest bars, and they understand curfews are bad for business! :)
No curfew in Pattaya!

If it's going to be meaningful then it should be nation wide ... otherwise any trouble makers can just go to the location where there is no curfew ... so it's not really a curfew!

He is only doing it to show he is in charge to stop people thinking that he couldnt sort the red shirts out. Whichhe couldnt. The soon as Thailand is rid of this incompetent man the better, or do we have to wait for an election to get rid of him for good?

No curfew in Pattaya!

He is only doing it to show he is in charge to stop people thinking that he couldnt sort the red shirts out. Whichhe couldnt. The soon as Thailand is rid of this incompetent man the better, or do we have to wait for an election to get rid of him for good?

He did 'sort the red shirts out'. The leaders are in jail. The losers are back in their little towns mad that there's no more free food and that they're not going to get paid. You idiots did try to get rid of him, you lost. And this curfew is in place because being sore losers, you terrorists decided to burn down our city. Elections? That's in a couple of years, it could have been in a few months but you idiots threw that away also. What a pathetic bunch of losers.

The inside scoop from our pretend revolutionary.

No curfew in Pattaya!

You don't seem to understand, the curfew is put in place to keep groups from gathering and inciting each other. Pattaya really wasn't part of the mob rule in the first place. Red shirt tried to stare down the multicolored shirt from across the street but nobody crossed the line.

If they do it is easy to put the curfew back in place. Pattaya being the entertainment center for tourists doesn't need to be choked like many other places that the reds are likely to gather but I am sure the government is keeping a close eye on Pattaya. The mayor and police chief specifically asked for the exemption and it has proven to be a valid request.

Wasn't it just the other way around in fact?