Thaksin - Will Interpol Act?

webfact

I thought Thaksin was already dead for a few weeks already?

Didn't you read the Nation Blog; that said he was dead, and the family was asking for permission to bring his body home?

Yeah, and Chavalot supposedly escaped to China. Yet I saw him on television meeting with Puea Thai officials yesterday. You can't believe everything you read in The Nation. :)

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a shame that interpol and other foreign governments have ignored requests to extradite Thaksin and have even aided his fugitive lifestyle. Countries like France and Montenegro that knowingly allow Thaksin on their soil are no better than Afghanistan and are harboring a terrorist leader. Thaksin has the right to defend himself in court and respond to the evidence against him and interpol ought to help him do that.

If Thaksin had committed terrorism against the USA it is likely that they would hunt him and kill him regardless of which country he fled to, I guess he's lucky to be Thai, or Montenegrian, or whatever he claims to be at the moment.

Thank God Interpol hasn't been so irresponsible as to give in to weird demands from a third world nation where freedom of speech is barred by the constitution, and hunt down a man who was ousted by the country's army from the PM post to hand him over to that country's "judicial system" where he has all his rights to defend himself!....and while the guy who everyone knows is guilty of treason lives a luxurious life "above the law" up in Rangsit.

You might think you know better than the Interpol about thaksin, but just take a moment and think about how it would look like up there in Paris...

Don't get me wrong: i personally would like to see him charged for the more "real" offenses he has committed. But the forces high above have effectively given him immunity!

Edited by groovyc

To Thailand's current government:

be careful of what you wish for, you may get it.

if/ when taskin is brought back to thailand ,

and, found guity , as charged , summary execution is likely .

then shit will hit the fan ,, big time.

he will be the red shirt,s martyr ..

that will be the time , to get the fkc out of here.

watch this space..

Meanwhile Interpol called Thaksins conviction in the conflict of interest case "politically motivated".

And the charges brought up against him after last years military 'clean up' of the red shirts protest on songkran didn't made Interpol to move on or any any foreign country to extradite him.

Do you expect that the 'foreign opinion' will change after the death of so many red shirt protesters in the last two month?

Did they? I thought it was your man Thaksin's reaction not Interpol's. Maybe you have access to better media than we have.

Meanwhile Interpol called Thaksins conviction in the conflict of interest case "politically motivated".

No, *Thaksin* said it was politically motivated (surprise!) because he's trying to reduce the risk of extradition proceedings. Interpol hasn't said anything yet.

:facepalm:

hello 'experts',

did you try to read the first entry of this thread, the The Nation article?

"Thai police failed in previous attempts to have Thaksin placed on Interpol's wanted list despite a top court sentencing him to two years jail over the Ratchadaphisek land deal.

Interpol considered the case to be politically motivated,
said Police Maj-General Therdsak Rujirawong, commander of the Royal Thai Police's International Affairs Division."

Thank God Interpol hasn't been so irresponsible as to give in to weird demands from a third world nation where freedom of speech is barred by the constitution,

Wrong, Thailand does have free speech provisions. Under Thaksin's regime, freedom of the press was squeezed so badly that the Bangkok Post started printing the relevant provision on the top left corner of the front page as a protest.

Please don't make throw away remarks about things you know nothing about.

Thank God Interpol hasn't been so irresponsible as to give in to weird demands from a third world nation where freedom of speech is barred by the constitution,

Wrong, Thailand does have free speech provisions.

Really ? :)

How many thousands of websites have been closed? Is there freedom of speech about everything ?

Don't think so.

Not before Thaksin, not during Thaksin and not during the present government.

http://en.rsf.org/thailand.html

LaoPo

I'm just sick of seeing it posted every time as proof of the 500 Baht myth.

Your membership isn't even a week old. You sicken very quickly.

LOL! Well put! Only about a week and 76 posts, my the clown has a lot to say...

To Thailand's current government:

be careful of what you wish for, you may get it.

At least someone's on the right tracks, thank God.

Most thaksin haters' assumptions frankly question their intelligence: The Thai police/courts actually wanted Thaksin in jail, but let him go to see the olympics first ha? How altruistic.

Who was the PM that year? Samak? He was PM from January 29, 2008 until September 8th 2008, then Thaksin's brother in law Somchai? Hmm, wonder why he was released on bail and still had his diplomatic passport? But Thaksin coming back to Thailand probably wouldn't be a very good idea!!

Edited by Jimi007

Wrong, Thailand does have free speech provisions. Under Thaksin's regime, freedom of the press was squeezed so badly that the Bangkok Post started printing the relevant provision on the top left corner of the front page as a protest.

Thailand currently ranking on 130. of 175 countries on the Press Freedom Index compiled and published by Reporters Without Borders

because in previous years the total number of countries in the list vary lets also compare the Notes/score Thailand got. a lower note indicated more freedom

Year/ note / rank

2009: 44.00 130. of 175 countries

2008: 34.50 124. of 173

2007: 53.50 135. of 169

2006: 33.50 122. of 168

2005: 28.00 107. of 167

2004: 14.00 59. of 167

2003: 19.67 82. of 166

2002: 22.75 65. of 135

http://en.rsf.org/spip.php?page=classement...d_rubrique=1001

Anyway, the right of freedom if the media is part of the constitution. but this is now heavy violated by the current government in power. it has become more worse than under Thaksin.

PS: Please don't make throw away remarks about things you know nothing about. that is something you should obey yourself.

Btw. did you found in the meantime the article about the 'politically motivated case' and Interpols position about it?

edit: added a PS

Edited by mazeltov

It's not the amount of posts or the age of the forum account that shows the truth of a statement. I've seen people post that 500 Baht video as proof of Thaksin bribing the crowds to show up at the protests, when everyone that can count 1+1 together knows perfectly well that he was talking about the Thai pension scheme which gives 500 Baht monthly pension to Thai citizens over 60 years old.

You can laugh at my number of forum posts all you want, but you're making yourself look ridiculous by posting a conversation about a pension for elderly people as proof of the 500 Baht myth.

@mazeltov: You really don't have a clue do you, or alternatively you do but the crib sheet says otherwise. Let;s put it this way, in the analogue I'm aware of a number of significant commercial projects which went from possible to impossible once TRT was in place. I'm also aware of noticeable changes in direction by ministries relating to externalities. You may choose to believe this or not, since for obvious reasons I can't go into commercially sensitive information here but that was the reality.

Please note this has nothing to do with commissions or other extraneous issues, it had a great deal to do with an inherent focus of the government, and the TRT one was not the limit of my exposure here. I'll also be fair and comment that there were exceptions to this, notably Chinese and Japanese operations, though very much in that order.

Regards

PS I'm sure you'll want to make some spurious rejoinder as to why that makes me 'anti-Thaksin' or pro-yellow as you are wont to do, but it is interesting to note how that alomost xenophobic response has become further ingrained irrespective of ministerial and party change.

I'm aware of a number of significant commercial projects ... believe this or not, since for obvious reasons I can't go into commercially sensitive information here but that was the reality.

Thanks for the hint at your abilities special awareness skills. Amazing, i am impressed.

i can fully understand that you cannot share the sensitive information you gather with your extrasensory powers. 55555

and chinese and and japanese operation benefited from TRT government too, i am sure some members will be able to twist that into some asian conspiracy against the white man or as the part of the NWO, some members could not hesitate to point out that Thaksin new lawyer is not only a international lawyer but also a Jew (OMG), so for sure that must be something really evil.

Somehow I have the impression that the only evil here is you, mazeltov. If you do not appreciate the various postings here, just leave. No-one is holding you.

Thailand currently ranking on 130. of 175 countries on the Press Freedom Index compiled and published by Reporters Without Borders

because in previous years the total number of countries in the list vary lets also compare the Notes/score Thailand got. a lower note indicated more freedom

Year/ note / rank

Anyway, the right of freedom if the media is part of the constitution. but this is now heavy violated by the current government in power. it has become more worse than under Thaksin.

PS: Please don't make throw away remarks about things you know nothing about. that is something you should obey yourself.

Btw. did you found in the meantime the article about the 'politically motivated case' and Interpols position about it?

Save me the time and effort to advise us of the free speech provisions of the extant constitution of the People's Republic of China where Google has left because it refused to censor its research engine any further than it originally had agreed (now recognized by Google as a fatal mistake to freedom of speech, information, media, mass information media, the free exchange of knowledge information ideas theories philosophies etc etc) then look at the standing of Thailand relative to the censoring and all controlling regime of the statists and absolutists in Beijing. Thaksin always has been at home with the fascists of Beijing who facilitated his escape from the country during the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. The fascists in Beijing look forward to Thaksin's establishing in Thailand the People's Republic of Thailand.

Talk about things people know nothing about...talk instead to some of the people of Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao - places where people hate the Communist Party of China and the new dynasty in Beijing that wear business suits instead of robes. 

Seriously are all you folks that stupid. Reds where not payed 500 a day, mostly all interviews holded with red shirt protestors as well as written stories say they where not payed and some even selled their own stuff to go to Bangkok. Thaksin only financed the leaders... and stuff on protest site, like toilets, stages, stuff, food etc.

The Thai gov is pressing the 500 baht scheme trough, all thai newspapers expect a few in the north and northeast are negatif, everything red shirt -> bad bad bad, terrorist, terrorist and terrorist, stupid rural low educated people, That's only they have to say.

Seriously are all you folks that stupid. Reds where not payed 500 a day, mostly all interviews holded with red shirt protestors as well as written stories say they where not payed and some even selled their own stuff to go to Bangkok. Thaksin only financed the leaders... and stuff on protest site, like toilets, stages, stuff, food etc.

The Thai gov is pressing the 500 baht scheme trough, all thai newspapers expect a few in the north and northeast are negatif, everything red shirt -> bad bad bad, terrorist, terrorist and terrorist, stupid rural low educated people, That's only they have to say.

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."

- Bertrand Russell

- British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

Edited by clown

If you understood Thai, you would know that he's talking about the PENSION PROGRAM of 500 Baht for old Thais. I often see this video mentioned as being proof of 500 Baht being paid to every protester. Well, I'm sorry to say but it's not. He's talking about the 500 Baht pension for elderly citizens.

How much were the aged, outside the social security system, getting under Thaksin's regime? My recollection is, nothing. Strike that. I do recall when he was hiding out in Roi Et from the press, those elderly willing to grovel or prostrate themselves before him would receive a nice crisp 1,000 baht note that he would peel off his pimp roll.

Actually, my wife (who speaks better Thai than I do), just watched the video and corrected me.

He's not talking about giving 500 Baht to elderly Thais. What he's saying exactly is:

I will keep working for you even after I'm 60 years old, and I won't stand in line for the 500 Baht (which he's entitled to receive since he's 60 years old).

Cheesy, I'll give you that, but it says nothing about giving 500 Baht to protesters.

Feel free to ask your girlfriend/wife/mia noi/ladyboy to confirm that translation.

That is word for word, what my wife translated his statement to mean, and that was back when that video was first made public.

Year/ note / rank

Save me the time and effort to advise us of the free speech provisions of the extant constitution of the People's Republic of China where Google has left because it refused to censor its research engine any further than it originally had agreed (now recognized by Google as a fatal mistake to freedom of speech, information, media, mass information media, the free exchange of knowledge information ideas theories philosophies etc etc) then look at the standing of Thailand relative to the censoring and all controlling regime of the statists and absolutists in Beijing. Thaksin always has been at home with the fascists of Beijing who facilitated his escape from the country during the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. The fascists in Beijing look forward to Thaksin's establishing in Thailand the People's Republic of Thailand.

Talk about things people know nothing about...talk instead to some of the people of Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao - places where people hate the Communist Party of China and the new dynasty in Beijing that wear business suits instead of robes. 

no further comment.

It's not hard to debunk your denial of payments enginerevision. Walk down to any motorcycle taxi stand in BKK and ask them. The next time you take a taxi in BKK ask them. The next time you go to a solidly red village in Isaan, just ask them. They will all state that payments were made, not to everyone, and not every day. Many are still awaiting the promised payment. But it is undeniable that many of the demonstrators were paid and/or offered cash inducements to protest.

At least Interpol Headquarter is located in Lyon :)

Backseeda posted
Everyone and their Dogs know Thaksin is guilty of funding that terrorist organisation called UDD... He should be brought home to face his accusers, and if he thinks he is innocent, why does he not come to face them. And serve the 2 years already hanging over him.. His ex-wife and his children should also be on that list as they helped to organise the moneys...

And I don`t know where you get facts that lead you to believe UDD would ever win an election in Thailand, it seems if we are to believe the pollsters, that their popularity has slumped to an all time low of around 18%.. And I`m sure when all the facts come out and the captured Red Shirt Leaders "spill the Beans" that figure will drop even further.. And from what I hear through my limited grapevine, they are spilling "Lots" of beans.....

"Everyone knows" backseeda ... but Interpol probably will ask for facts and documents - something those who holler the loudest about Thaksin being a terror leader seem unable to produce. Secondly the extradition treaties that Thailand has (if they have!) with other governments are notoriously circumspect. Those other governments may want a quid pro quo.

My country would really really like the return of 200 to 300 people charged with crimes but who fled to Thailand and Thailand either refuses or seems unable to send to my country – by the way that DOES not include government guys or PUY Yais to make it easier for Thailand (maintain some face) BUT if you expect that to happened you might as well wait for pigs to fly

It's not the amount of posts or the age of the forum account that shows the truth of a statement. I've seen people post that 500 Baht video as proof of Thaksin bribing the crowds to show up at the protests, when everyone that can count 1+1 together knows perfectly well that he was talking about the Thai pension scheme which gives 500 Baht monthly pension to Thai citizens over 60 years old.

You can laugh at my number of forum posts all you want, but you're making yourself look ridiculous by posting a conversation about a pension for elderly people as proof of the 500 Baht myth.

Oh boy, I guess you're to busy writing to read. I agreed with you, that is what was said on that clip you posted. Thaksin did talk about a 500 Baht a month for those over 60. But does it really matter what Thaksin says anymore? He's no longer a Thai citizen, he's Montenegran...

It's not hard to debunk your denial of payments enginerevision. Walk down to any motorcycle taxi stand in BKK and ask them. The next time you take a taxi in BKK ask them. The next time you go to a solidly red village in Isaan, just ask them. They will all state that payments were made, not to everyone, and not every day. Many are still awaiting the promised payment. But it is undeniable that many of the demonstrators were paid and/or offered cash inducements to protest.

The biggest issue is the seniors in Thailand that have allegedly paid out a lot of money for Thaksin who are now owed a lot and can't get it due to the CRES's black list.

I don't know what the Thai authorities have used to get the arrest warrants on Thaksin for terrorism, but one might be payments from abroad to the Reds' accounts. For example, one core Red leader was allegedly found to have THB 100 milion in his account and has also recently purchased several luxury cars and two mansions. So, some have been paid, but it appears the biggest issue is the seniors that have allegedly not been repaid.

The biggest issue is the seniors in Thailand that have allegedly paid out a lot of money for Thaksin who are now owed a lot and can't get it due to the CRES's black list.

I don't know what the Thai authorities have used to get the arrest warrants on Thaksin for terrorism, but one might be payments from abroad to the Reds' accounts. For example, one core Red leader was allegedly found to have THB 100 milion in his account and has also recently purchased several luxury cars and two mansions. So, some have been paid, but it appears the biggest issue is the seniors that have allegedly not been repaid.

Who specifically are you referring to OMR, when you talk about about "the seniors" who have paid out a lot of money on Thaksin's behalf?

hello 'experts',

"Thai police failed in previous attempts to have Thaksin placed on Interpol's wanted list despite a top court sentencing him to two years jail over the Ratchadaphisek land deal.

said Police Maj-General Therdsak Rujirawong, commander of the Royal Thai Police's International Affairs Division."

I think your mixing up previous attempts of extradition with the present one! And since when do you use the Nation as part of your argument?

hello 'experts',

I think your mixing up previous attempts of extradition with the present one! And since when do you use the Nation as part of your argument?

No, Mr. 'Expert'. you mixing up here something and/or probably unable to understand the written words.

Did they? I thought it was your man Thaksin's reaction not Interpol's. Maybe you have access to better media than we have.

Really ? :)

How many thousands of websites have been closed? Is there freedom of speech about everything ?

Don't think so.

LaoPo

Really. Go look it up, free speech is there in black and white. I don't equate cracking down on hate speech with jackbooted censorship by the way, and it is in fact legal here and in most sane countries :D But if you want to get into subjectives - how much is the mainstream Thai press complaining about freedom of the press now? How much were they complaining about it during Thaksin's time?

Yes I did. It refers to Thaksin's previous criminal conviction for the land deal, not the present charge of terrorism. Here's the words:

Interpol considered the case to be politically motivated, said Police Maj-General Therdsak Rujirawong, commander of the Royal Thai Police's International Affairs Division."

Understand it now?

I note that your Reporters Without Borders stats show that Thailand's Press Freedom ranking fell from 65 to 122 while Thaksin was Prime Minister. Any other brilliant pro-Thaksin evidence you'd care to share with us? Perhaps how many people were slaughtered without trial during the war on drugs?

Edited by Crushdepth

Really ? :D

Don't think so.

LaoPo

Really. Go look it up, its there in black and white. Tell me its not there I'd love to hear it :D If you want to get into subjectives - how much is the mainstream Thai press complaining about freedom of the press now? How much were they complainint about it during Thaksin's time?

1. Indeed it is in Black-and-White*; Thailand's ranking in Freedom of Press is a lot worse now than it used to be; #130 out of 175 countries on the scale for 2009; that's during Mr. Abhisit's Government.

2. Of course Mainstream Press is NOT complaining; ask yourself who owns the Mainstream Thai Press, including The Nation...? nothing to complain by them about of course; they're all very wealthy Elite related owners; it's therefore a good thing we have Reporters without Borders :D

* under the strict rules in Thailand I'm not even allowed to put a link here but if you wish, send me a PM and I can send it to you; Thai Press is THAT free...not!

Censorship is just a tool for political control; it's as old as the news in Thailand; nothing new under the horizon :D

If you're talking about freedom of press, the first top 10 countries (including by own) are ALL European with NZ and Australia on place #13 and #15; even the US is back on a shared #20 with the UK.

Don't tell me you're proud of #130 for Thailand out of 175 countries....one step higher on the ladder than notorious censor shipped Malaysia on # 131 and Singapore (YES, good old S'pore) on # 133.... :)

It's a bloody shame :D

LaoPo

Don't tell me you're proud of #130 for Thailand out of 175 countries....one step higher on the ladder than notorious censor shipped Malaysia on # 131 and Singapore (YES, good old S'pore) on # 133.... :)

LaoPo

What you forgot to mention is that the slide down the slippery slope started when K. Thaksin was PM the first time. The rate of descent has slowed down in recent years. Open-mindedness is needed to get back up.

Posts deleted that misidentify former or current politicians. They have proper names, use them or have your post deleted. If you quote those posts, that gets deleted as well.

No, Mr. 'Expert'. you mixing up here something and/or probably unable to understand the written words.

By no means am I an expert on the issue, but I am very anxious to find out which source you are referring to when you state that Interpol has found the present terrorist accusations against Thaksin politically motivated. Please enlighten us? Am I not able to understand written words? I find that a childish statement on which I will, wisely, not comment.

Yes I did. It refers to Thaksin's previous criminal conviction for the land deal, not the present charge of terrorism. Here's the words:

Interpol considered the case to be politically motivated, said Police Maj-General Therdsak Rujirawong, commander of the Royal Thai Police's International Affairs Division."

Understand it now?

I note that your Reporters Without Borders stats show that Thailand's Press Freedom ranking fell from 65 to 122 while Thaksin was Prime Minister. Any other brilliant pro-Thaksin evidence you'd care to share with us? Perhaps how many people were slaughtered without trial during the war on drugs?

Mr. Expert0.2, you failed to read and/or failed to understand what was written once more.

i was exactly talking about this previous case and nothing else when i said: "Meanwhile Interpol called Thaksins conviction in the conflict of interest case "politically motivated"."

Understand it now?

furthermore did you also check the recent scores reporters without borders giving to Thailand? Do you realise it is getting more worse instead of anyhow better?

and what is about the 'war on drugs' was Thaksin convicted of anything? what are the results of the latest investigations?

LaoPo

What you forgot to mention is that the slide down the slippery slope started when K. Thaksin was PM the first time. The rate of descent has slowed down in recent years. Open-mindedness is needed to get back up.

I didn't forget to mention; the website of Reporters Without Borders goes back to only 2002 when Thailand was on a shared # 65, together with Madagascar.

According to the website of the above mentioned organization the slide down the slippery slope as you call it (Freedom of Press in Thailand) is indeed downwards since 2002 (last numbers available); however, if you and others trust those numbers, and I have no reason to doubt a serious organization as RWB, the Press Freedom got even worse AFTER Thaksin was ousted and FAR WORSE since 2002.............. :D :

Thailand Press Freedom Index:

2002: # 65 (out of 139 countries)

2003: # 82 (out of 166 countries)

2004: # 59 (out of 169 countries)

2005: # 107 (out of 167 countries)

2006: # 122 (out of 168 countries) Thaksin ousted September 2006

2007: # 135 (out of 169 countries)

2008: # 124 (out of 173 countries)

2009: # 130 (out of 175 countries)

LaoPo