Blisters On Arm And Leg.

Hi,

I`m hoping someone can diagnose these blisters that have appeared on my baby`s arm and leg. This morning we noticed them on her leg and now some more on her arm? She has not been near anything hot so its not a burn for sure.

I`ve never seen anything like this before and will be taking her to the clinic when it opens. Here is a picture below can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.

post-70500-1274924631_thumb.jpg

Looks like a condition called "Bullous impetigo" but get to a clinic with a good pediatrician; don't wait with infants and small kids to get professional hands-on opinion..

Before you start jumping to conclusions I took the photo before we went to the clinic as I live far out in the sticks to try and get an opinion here beforehand.

The doctor said it looks like some kind of fly bite since we have just had a load of rain and insects are everywhere. I`ve not seen a fly bite cause this before so I`ll monitor it and use the cream they gave.

Thanks.

I don't get these kinds of posts - you are doing the ONLY

right thing, going to the clinic. You need the opinion of a

paedeatrician or a dermatologist, not a guess from a forum

member. GOOD luck - babies are a constant worry.

This does look a little like this but there is no colour to the blister they are clear. Thanks for that though I`ll have a read up on it now.

Looks like a condition called "Bullous impetigo" but get to a clinic with a good pediatrician; don't wait with infants and small kids to get professional hands-on opinion..

I have never seen fly bites like those before. Although they do have blister beetles of one kind or another in Thailand, I do not know what form the blisters take from coming into contact with them.

Personally, I do not see the harm in making posts like you did. Often posters can give you pointers that when mentioned to a doctor may help in the diagnosis. I hope your daughter gets better soon. Blisters tend to be painful and are often accompanied by fevers if bacterial or viral infection is involved.

Edited by GarryP