Fruitpicking In Down Under On A Tourist Visa?

Hello to all autralians.

I have a question.

I would love to go to australia for 3 month on a tourist visa(i am living in chiang mai with wife and daughter) and find a under the table paid job on a farm,fruitpicking etc.

I know for work you need a visa...but is it possible to find a job without a taxnumber on a farm or something like this?

I would do anykind of job,hard and dirty no problem!!

thx for any help.

Hello to all autralians.

I have a question.

I would love to go to australia for 3 month on a tourist visa(i am living in chiang mai with wife and daughter) and find a under the table paid job on a farm,fruitpicking etc.

I know for work you need a visa...but is it possible to find a job without a taxnumber on a farm or something like this?

thx for any help.

It is illegal to work on a tourist visa.

To do so you would be at risk of being fined, detained in a detention centre and banned from coming back to Oz for a number of years...

The answer is a resounding........NO

Hello to all autralians.

I have a question.

thx for any help.

"quote"

You obviously know that it is in breach of a tourist visa to work as you say

"under the table".

Not that I condone it, to answer your question though, it is possible and is done regularly.

The hardest part I would imagine is obtaining the visa in the first instance.

You would be subject to a range of ramifications if found by DIAC, although this

would be slim.

You would not be fined though, and assuming you have a return ticket to

Thailand, the chances of being detained and removed would be slim.

But, you're taking a chance.

Regards

Will

I did this 25 years ago, not in Australia but in Hastings, New Zealand.

That was a great fun being 19 years old and on a gap year :D

Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it as a proper job.

Last year, I visited Mildura (Vic.) and noticed that -now- most of the seasonal workers are not anymore backpackers, but people who are struggling for a living.:)

Edited by lazygourmet

As above, you can get a Working Holiday Visa that allows you to work in certain industries, including agriculture, if you are between 18 and 30...

Due to the availability of the Working Holiday Visa, there is less take up of illegal workers by farmers, as most backpackers who traditionally take up that work are between 18 and 30...

You can come and have a go... If you are caught in a raid by DIMIA, you might have some problems...

Australia is much better than Canadia :)

Cheers,

Daewoo

Thx.

I got the visa already and after all i am reading hear i am pretty sure that i give it a go and see what happens....

I am 33 years old so no work and travel!

I will have a ticket back to thailand and if i would have to sit in a detention centre for a few days i am just gonna take it.

I need money and in my homecountry there is no chance for a job in my situation.

thx for all replies,if you have some further advice where is the best place to go at the end of this month tell me!

It is not just a matter of sitting in a detention centre for a few days!

You would almost certainly be prohibited from entering Australia again for a number of years, if not indefinitely, and the deportation stamp in your passport (and on your record) would make it very difficult to obtain visas to other countries in the future.

To be blunt; I'd have no sympathy for you were that to happen. It is people like you who deliberately set out to break the rules that make it difficult for genuine applicants!

Thx.

I got the visa already and after all i am reading hear i am pretty sure that i give it a go and see what happens....

I am 33 years old so no work and travel!

I will have a ticket back to thailand and if i would have to sit in a detention centre for a few days i am just gonna take it.

I need money and in my homecountry there is no chance for a job in my situation.

thx for all replies,if you have some further advice where is the best place to go at the end of this month tell me!

At least if you were in Germany you wouldnt be breaking any Immigration laws by working illegally as you are from there I believe.

Personally I dislike what you are intending to do.....so I wont advise you on anything......you want to break Aussie laws....do it by yourself