Documentaries On Cd

Drew Aitch

Phew!! Glad all that's over, getting to old for this house moving caper. :D The actual moving was a doddle compared with getting 3BB to bring me back on line. :) But all's well that ends (fingers crossed!) well.

Cheers,

TB

Now you can get back to the 'serious' stuff!

Glad all went well.

You betcha!! :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished 3 of Michael Palin's so far, seen them before apart from Himalaya, but still wonderful, what a great character he is.

Now I've started getting quality documentaries, TV dramas etc, I really have no use for UBC....everything seems so sub standard.

I've seen everything on there a dozen times and the movies are absolute crap. It would be history right now except the wife likes BBC news and at present Premier League coverage is very good......with English commentary.......but oh, those Thai pundits. :)

Finished 3 of Michael Palin's so far, seen them before apart from Himalaya, but still wonderful, what a great character he is.

Now I've started getting quality documentaries, TV dramas etc, I really have no use for UBC....everything seems so sub standard.

I've seen everything on there a dozen times and the movies are absolute crap. It would be history right now except the wife likes BBC news and at present Premier League coverage is very good......with English commentary.......but oh, those Thai pundits. :)

I love his stuff too... so unpretentious and gifted - what a lucky fella! not so sure about your sweeping statements about UBC - I love the history channel and discovery - there is still some good stuff on there and eventually you will run out of docs... alas...

I love his stuff too... so unpretentious and gifted - what a lucky fella! not so sure about your sweeping statements about UBC - I love the history channel and discovery - there is still some good stuff on there and eventually you will run out of docs... alas...

History and Discovery are both good up to a point. That point being the 50th watching of Pearl Harbour, Midway, Modern Marvels and MacArhur saying "I will return"

If you watch History in UK (maybe elsewhere too) it's brilliant, with so much variation and new stuff added constantly - same with Discovery.

UBC keep things as cheap as possible, whilst charging premium prices.

Ahem!! Not if I've got anything to do with it!! :D

Phew!! Glad all that's over, getting to old for this house moving caper. :D The actual moving was a doddle compared with getting 3BB to bring me back on line. :) But all's well that ends (fingers crossed!) well.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun ToonBroon,

Happy Housewarming ! Glad to hear it ended well.

best, ~o:37;

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun ToonBroon,

Happy Housewarming ! Glad to hear it ended well.

best, ~o:37;

Thanks my friend Khun 'O ' your kind wishes are much appreciated. It's sentiments such as yours that makes the tv experience endurable. :D

As always..,

TB

Just received your list TB, thanks.

I see what you mean, quite a comprehensive collection. Don't think uptheos will have much to worry about! :D

Just received your list TB, thanks.

I see what you mean, quite a comprehensive collection. Don't think uptheos will have much to worry about! :D

Nope, nothing at all to worry about, let it rain. TB even looks out for stuff not on his list and though I know he can't supply everything (can you TB?), he seems to do pretty well and I love the quality. :D

I watched the first three episodes of Himalaya with Michael Palin yesterday.

Top notch quality and Michael, really is great...so watchable.

I have to force myself to turn it off otherwise I'll finish it the same day!

I watched 'Around the World in 80 Days' in 2 days :) You're right, very addictive viewing, and i have forced myself to stay clear of the DVD player today so that i can get on with other stuff :D Can't believe that series is 21 years old, which makes it more interesting today than when if first came out due to the changes around the world since that time.

Aitch

Nice to see you guys enjoying the fruits of my labour! I have added quite a lot more (movies, travelogues, tv shows etc) from my collection to the index which I will let you have in a day or two. First I have the job of house switching to take care of this weekend. :D

Cheers,

TB

Hi TB hope the move went ok :) When you get time can you wing your list off to me, I can smell rain in them there clouds. It could be time for feet up, MOW menu at my side and the DVD player ready to rumble!

tnx

John

I watched the first three episodes of Himalaya with Michael Palin yesterday.

Top notch quality and Michael, really is great...so watchable.

I have to force myself to turn it off otherwise I'll finish it the same day!

I watched 'Around the World in 80 Days' in 2 days :) You're right, very addictive viewing, and i have forced myself to stay clear of the DVD player today so that i can get on with other stuff :D Can't believe that series is 21 years old, which makes it more interesting today than when if first came out due to the changes around the world since that time.

Aitch

Nice to see you guys enjoying the fruits of my labour! I have added quite a lot more (movies, travelogues, tv shows etc) from my collection to the index which I will let you have in a day or two. First I have the job of house switching to take care of this weekend. :D

Cheers,

TB

Hi TB hope the move went ok :) When you get time can you wing your list off to me, I can smell rain in them there clouds. It could be time for feet up, MOW menu at my side and the DVD player ready to rumble!

tnx

John

Watched the first episode of Frost today, which took me back a few years - but it was absolutely wonderful. DI Frost with his greasy bacon sandwich in hand, always late, always sarcastic, totally non conformist and suffering through a range of personal emotions.

Isn't David Jason a great talent - from playing young Granville in Open All Hours (alongside the late great Ronnie Barker).....to the best comedy series of all time (IMO) Only Fools & Horses.....with Del Boy, complimented superbly by the long suffering Rodney (Nick Lyndhurst).

Watched the first episode of Frost today, which took me back a few years - but it was absolutely wonderful. DI Frost with his greasy bacon sandwich in hand, always late, always sarcastic, totally non conformist and suffering through a range of personal emotions.

Isn't David Jason a great talent - from playing young Granville in Open All Hours (alongside the late great Ronnie Barker).....to the best comedy series of all time (IMO) Only Fools & Horses.....with Del Boy, complimented superbly by the long suffering Rodney (Nick Lyndhurst).

I have 1st Series of Only Fools & Horses if your interested plus the Inspector Morse series. I agree they just don't come any better, Brits at their best is wot I say. Alright then!:thumbsup:

I have 1st Series of Only Fools & Horses if your interested plus the Inspector Morse series. I agree they just don't come any better, Brits at their best is wot I say. Alright then!:thumbsup:

Lovely jubbly, add OFH for sure. :jap:

Any limit on the number of dvd's you can bring back from Burma?

Theoretically- if they are copies you can't bring in any, so the amount is up to you.

I'm off to Mae Sai next week, after a long absence, just wondering how was the quality of the DVDs these days, heard that it was a bit hitty-missy! Long way and a long time to take em back though :lol: Particularly interested in the clasical and operas. The last lot I got from the NB were 3rd rate at best and that was last year! Any recommendations anyone?

Edited by yeoldesage

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Toon Broon - I'm going through your stuff quicker than I thought (I must get out more). Do you have an updated list?

Crikey, it's not only me then! I had another 20 disks just last week and have gone through the bloody lot again already. In some ways, I curse the day I ever started this thread because I've been spending far too much time slouched in the couch watching a plethora of great viewing. Still, it is the rainy season!

That reminds me, I must make a new list. That's the great thing about ToonBroon, if it ain't on his list, just request it and he'll get it if he can. Quality has been spot on with all my orders so far, and he's been able to dig out some real blasts from the past in British TV.

Aitch

Hi Toon Broon - I'm going through your stuff quicker than I thought (I must get out more). Do you have an updated list?

Crikey, it's not only me then! I had another 20 disks just last week and have gone through the bloody lot again already. In some ways, I curse the day I ever started this thread because I've been spending far too much time slouched in the couch watching a plethora of great viewing. Still, it is the rainy season!

That reminds me, I must make a new list. That's the great thing about ToonBroon, if it ain't on his list, just request it and he'll get it if he can. Quality has been spot on with all my orders so far, and he's been able to dig out some real blasts from the past in British TV.

Aitch

I have UBC, but I've only been catching the news now and then - mostly just putting on DVD's. I have watched Simon Schama's 15 part series The History of Great Britain twice! It's a masterpiece. I've just gone through Spartacus, though the missus couldn't understand all that Roman debauchery - I'm sure she thinks I'm a pervert. :whistling:

I'm glad footie is starting soon otherwise I'd be tempted to kick UBC into touch.

Aitch

I have UBC, but I've only been catching the news now and then - mostly just putting on DVD's. I have watched Simon Schama's 15 part series The History of Great Britain twice! It's a masterpiece. I've just gone through Spartacus, though the missus couldn't understand all that Roman debauchery - I'm sure she thinks I'm a pervert. :whistling:

I'm glad footie is starting soon otherwise I'd be tempted to kick UBC into touch.

Seems like I should attach some sort of health warning to my list re excessive watching of DVDs and a get-out clause pertaining to divorces arising as a consequence thereof. :D

In the meanwhile updates are winging their way to you. :)

Cheers

TB

Aitch

Seems like I should attach some sort of health warning to my list re excessive watching of DVDs and a get-out clause pertaining to divorces arising as a consequence thereof. :D

In the meanwhile updates are winging their way to you. :)

Cheers

TB

I just sent a e-mail to get a list. Sounds like there is mostly Brit. stuff not sure of that. I used to watch on the busses that was a great show. Don't know what you people are talking about with the Himmalays but it sure sounds interesting. Can hardly wait to see what is available. Might have to incourage my portable conscience to spend more time with her mother and Grandson.

Ive now finished my collection and I have every episode of Only fools and horses, uptheos I think you drink in the same bar as me in sansai, I'll mention it to you next time im in if it is you.

Isn't Only Fools & Horses great - how did David Sullivan write so many consistently funny episodes?

Sorry, but I don'y live near Sansai - it is nice of you to be considerate though.

Who can that possibly be in Sansai, that's acting like it could be me? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the Michael Palin series but I do have both the Ewan Mcgreggor and Charlie Bowman adventures, Long way round and Long way down. Pm me if you are interested in a copy of these.

Have you come across the excellent Rob Hof series "Trails from the East" looked everywhere, must be keeping them under a tight wrap. Words like rockinghorse and shit come to mind! :D

I don't have the Michael Palin series but I do have both the Ewan Mcgreggor and Charlie Bowman adventures, Long way round and Long way down. Pm me if you are interested in a copy of these.

Have you come across the excellent Rob Hof series "Trails from the East" looked everywhere, must be keeping them under a tight wrap. Words like rockinghorse and shit come to mind! :D

Do you have "How to lay on the couch for weeks and not put on weight", by any chance?

Has it rained yet? :huh:

Do you have "How to lay on the couch for weeks and not put on weight", by any chance?

I do :) But it's called, walking up the Doi, healthy lunch, then lay on the couch for hours every day without putting on weight ;)

Btw, just got another batch of DVDs this morning, so it's time to put the ole feet up again and enjoy the shows. WeTV has been down all day in my neck of the woods so it's just as well ;)

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

I do :) But it's called, walking up the Doi, healthy lunch, then lay on the couch for hours every day without putting on weight ;)

Btw, just got another batch of DVDs this morning, so it's time to put the ole feet up again and enjoy the shows. WeTV has been down all day in my neck of the woods so it's just as well ;)

Aitch

Just out of curiosity Drew, what are your favourites so far?

Has it rained yet? :huh:

Yes I have, aka, "The Off Button". Just joking of course!:D