Shane Warne Sex Shame....again !

Jonathan Agnew column 

By Jonathan Agnew

BBC cricket correspondent 

Australia's supporters can take great heart from this victory because, one or two wayward deliveries aside, this was a return to business as usual.

Even the fielding, which has been ragged since they arrived, was back to its aggressive best.

And this time, having fought their way into a winning position, they did not let their grip slip.

The return of Brett Lee made a telling difference to their bowling attack. Firing away at 90 miles per hour, he also swung the white ball into the left-handed openers, Trescothick and Strauss, making scoring virtually impossible.

Having Brett Lee back was a major bonus for the Aussies

More worrying, though, was the manner in which Strauss appeared to be technically deficient in dealing with it.

The Australians will take note because both Lee and Kasprowicz swing the new ball, and at least one of them will play in the first Test.

There was another rather ominous portent at the other end, too, where Glenn McGrath had Trescothick in all sorts of trouble.

McGrath has already stated publically that he will not have many problems dealing with him, and he ruthlessly exposed Trescothick's lack of footwork.

There was a lovely moment when Trescothick played and missed at a ball that moved away off the seam. McGrath's very obvious knowing smile said it all: 'I'll see you in the Test series, mate!'

And, a McGrath over later, Trescothick edged a catch to the wicket-keeper for a tortuous 15-ball duck. England's decision to put Australia in to bat was also flawed.

Nobody in their right mind chooses to bat in the evening under lights.

Trescothick said that the light would not deteriorate markedly, but as soon as the sun went behind a cloud, it made batting awkward. England should have batted first, using the best of the conditions, rather than leave things to chance.

It might not have made any difference to the outcome.

Australia's pride has been damaged in the last 10 days - their defeat to Bangladesh hurt enormously - but they have now regrouped.

Ricky Ponting's team means business, of that we can be sure.

And..................................we all knew in our minds that the lapse was probably only temporary :D ; we just hoped it might be permament. :D

BTW. Although it is against all I stand for, I have chose to ignore that annoying little <deleted> spouting fart, :D that calls himself an Australian. Sporting Troll more like it.

Unfortunately I cannot reach him with a fly swatter. I don't think his idea to set the Poms and Diggers at esach others throats worked really. :o

Lamp'ie...

U mean that u stand for something ??

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's better off...who wants a farang wife anyway... ( I'll get burnt for that one) :o  :D

Farang wives are ok fly, long as their someone elses :D

Oy.............anyone mind if I have a say in this :D

I think they are talking about Warnie.....not your good (but misguided English cricket fan) self..... :D

My comment was that you were a spinner of yarns and all things improbable (like an English Ashes win)....but I thought I would leave it open to speculation

:D:D:D

He's better off...who wants a farang wife anyway... ( I'll get burnt for that one) :o  :D

I think they are talking about Warnie.....not your good (but misguided English cricket fan) self..... :D

My comment was that you were a spinner of yarns and all things improbable (like an English Ashes win)....but I thought I would leave it open to speculation

If and when you win the Ashes, and your renegade Pom plays a blinder, please can you at least acknowledge him. Andrew Symonds has been the inspiration behind your only two victories so far, and yet when I pointed out that he was an Englishman, there has been total silence on the Ozzie front. Not a mutter. There were some strange utterings about Darren Gough being an Australian, and you all got a right hump when a South African helped us to victory, but as yet no-one has admitted a dreaded Pom is holding your precious team together. Come on lads. Own up to it. Or is it beyond the realms of possibility that the ashes could stay in Australian hands because of an Englishman. You've all ready said, if we win it's because of an Australian coach, so you've covered yourselves well against upsets there. But, Burnsie, as you so aptly said in a previous thread. Give credit where credit is due. Although that was to an Australian advantage. I can't really see an Ozzie ever admitting something that would gives the Soapdodgers the uppewr hand. :D

If and when you win the Ashes, and your renegade Pom plays a blinder, please can you at least acknowledge him. Andrew Symonds has been the inspiration behind your only two victories so far, and yet when I pointed out that he was an Englishman, there has been total silence on the Ozzie front. Not a mutter. There were some strange utterings about Darren Gough being an Australian, and you all got a right hump when a South African helped us to victory, but as yet no-one has admitted a dreaded Pom is holding your precious team together. Come on lads. Own up to it. Or is it beyond the realms of possibility that the ashes could stay in Australian hands because of an Englishman. You've all ready said, if we win it's because of an Australian coach, so you've covered yourselves well against upsets there. But, Burnsie, as you so aptly said in a previous thread. Give credit where credit is due. Although that was to an Australian advantage. I can't really see an Ozzie ever admitting something that would gives the Soapdodgers the uppewr hand. :D

Really Lampie....it is not because he was born in England that makes him a good player...rather the opportunities and learning he got here. But take a look at the guy.....do you think he would have ever have played a game for England..???

Due to the rather large influx of English people that came here throught the 60's and 70's....many of our sporting and artistic people have a link to England....but this is where they choose to live and this is the country they want to play for. You can lay claim to him as you do the Bee Gees, ONJ, John Farnham etc.....but these guys call themselves Aussies....And are proud of it.

If you want to lay claim to Symonds because he was born in England....then you can also lay claim to some other English born people here.....we have jails full of them.

To set the record straight....I was English born(Warwickshire).....been here for 35 out of 48 years...never been back and never want to go back. I swore allegience to Oz as a citizen and also as a member of the Oz Army....Shortly after getting here, my old man died and the RAF Assoc offered us free flights back and re-settlement assistance....with the exception of my older sister who is back there now....we voted to stay here. Maybe not an Aussie born but certainly an Aussie bred. :D

Edited by gburns57au

]

other English born people here.....we have jails full of them.

One big one in fact. :o

Wow..I didn't expect an opening like that. Cheers Mate.

In fact I said the same about Symonds a couple of weeks ago. I regard him as an Aussie not a Pom. It's just that in your usual string of excuses that follow a loss of any kind ( or a win sometimes) all our foreign born players were cited. Even when you beat us, the reason that we came within 75 runs or what was that our best player was born in Oz. Just don't forget old pal, the one thing the English are really good at is taking back all that we give. Something unheard of down under.

Edited by lampard10

Warne and his wife have announced their seperation.

My sympathies to Shane and Simone, I am sure they tried everything to make their relationship a success. I assume it was "irreconsilable differences".

I wonder if they will be selling the media rights to the seperation and the Family Court hearings ?

[ You can lay claim to him as you do the Bee Gees, ONJ, John Farnham etc.....but these guys call themselves Aussies....And are proud of it.

The Bee Gees call themselves Aussies and are proud of it ????? No Way ! sorry Burnsy but this statement is incorrect.

The Bee Gees were born in Manchester (Barry) in 1946, and Maurice & Robin in 1949. They moved to Brisbane in 1958 before returning to live in England in 1966. Their permanent homes are in the UK, ( from memory 1 of 'em did live in LA for a while) They reside in the UK...have Manc accents....travel on UK passports..... have spent 8 years in Australia and 51 years in England - and you reckon this makes them proud to be Aussies :o

Aussies would have you believe that the Bee Gees started out in Australia...well that is a 'crock of shit' also :D

The Bee Gees first started performing in 1955 in theatres around Manchester. They played gigs in Manchester for 3 years, under the band names of The Blue Cats and The Rattlesnakes, before shipping out to OZ.

So on behalf of Her Majesty and the British Government I hereby reclaim the Bee

Gees from the Commonwealth of Australia :D

[ You can lay claim to him as you do the Bee Gees, ONJ, John Farnham etc.....but these guys call themselves Aussies....And are proud of it.

The Bee Gees call themselves Aussies and are proud of it ????? No Way ! sorry Burnsy but this statement is incorrect.

The Bee Gees were born in Manchester (Barry) in 1946, and Maurice & Robin in 1949. They moved to Brisbane in 1958 before returning to live in England in 1966. Their permanent homes are in the UK, ( from memory 1 of 'em did live in LA for a while) They reside in the UK...have Manc accents....travel on UK passports..... have spent 8 years in Australia and 51 years in England - and you reckon this makes them proud to be Aussies :D

Aussies would have you believe that the Bee Gees started out in Australia...well that is a 'crock of shit' also :D

The Bee Gees first started performing in 1955 in theatres around Manchester. They played gigs in Manchester for 3 years, under the band names of The Blue Cats and The Rattlesnakes, before shipping out to OZ.

So on behalf of Her Majesty and the British Government I hereby reclaim the Bee

Gees from the Commonwealth of Australia :D

I think their boss lady 'The Queen of England' might agree there as well :o

. You can lay claim to him as you do the Bee Gees, ONJ, John Farnham etc.....but these guys call themselves Aussies....

Christ , you can keep them if you think we need 'em . While we're at it you can have a few dozen other cr@p music acts Mc Fly, Busted, etc

Our Music ( which I take more serious than sports ) is better off without that shower of medallion wearing tw@ts ( who were born in Manc land anyhoo...)

. You can lay claim to him as you do the Bee Gees, ONJ, John Farnham etc.....but these guys call themselves Aussies....

Christ , you can keep them if you think we need 'em . While we're at it you can have a few dozen other cr@p music acts Mc Fly, Busted, etc

Our Music ( which I take more serious than sports ) is better off without that shower of medallion wearing tw@ts ( who were born in Manc land anyhoo...)

Rolf "bloody" Harris... :o

totster :D

Rolf "bloody" Harris... :o

totster :D

Olivier Neutron-bomb

Even Mel Gibson's a septic.

No thanks chon,I,ll stick to Flanigan and Allen,Mills Bros etc, <deleted> I must be old :o

AC-DC"S Young brother's are from Scotland, but they consider themselves Australian and think thats it great that people know the band as an Aussie band...

Anyway...this is :o , whats music got to do with England not being able to perfrom at an elite level at nearly every sport......

I must disagree with the Alan Bond posts.......

If his companies had been in America, and therefore had chapter 12 protection, he would easily been able to trade out off his situation and nobody would have lost anything....

Anyway...this is   :o , whats music got to do with England not being able to perfrom at an elite level at nearly every sport......

(No; this topic is about Shane Warne being a prat. Got nothing to do with England. lampard10 adds)

If his companies had been in America, and therefore had chapter 12 protection, he would easily been able to trade out off his situation and nobody would have lost anything....

Blimey Super Fly; you're talking sense. Who wrote that for you? :D

Edited by tukyleith

Anyway...this is   :o , whats music got to do with England not being able to perfrom at an elite level at nearly every sport......

No; this topic is about Shane Warne being a prat. Got nothing to do with England.

Blimey Super Fly; you're talking sense. Who wrote that for you? :D

:D