Thai Meteorological Dept Denies Speculation Of Massive Quake, Tsunami

webfact

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nam Khem villagers evacuate on tsunami reports

BANGKOK (NNT) -- Most of the residents in Nam Khem Village which was hit by the tsunami in 2004 have evacuated to higher grounds, fearing the situation might be repeated.

Over 80% of Nam Khem villagers in Takua Pa District, Phang Nga Province, have decided to move to higher land as news spreads on the Internet that their village would possibly be hit by a massive tsunami on 12 June.

Despite the statement of the Meteorological Department denying the speculation, the people still have not moved back to their houses, citing their safety.

The Meteorological Department has earlier warned the public not to panic about the speculation of a massive earthquake and tsunami which may hit Thailand tomorrow, asking them to monitor the news from authorities concerned. It stated that so far none of the disaster-monitoring centers worldwide have issued any warning about a possible quake.

The Meteorological Department ensured that its tsunami and quake detecting system is operating 24 hours a day. People in risky areas will be speedily provided with warnings and comprehensive information on potential incidents.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-06-11 footer_n.gif

I heard about this from my GF more than a week ago. I said, no one has ever predicted an earthquake. They make predictions for that one may happen in the next twenty years or more, even those don't come true. Growing up in California, I've felt many earthquakes! You never know they're coming until you hear and feel them!

Earthquakes are made by HAARP, and yes they can be predicted , and have been, like the Nagano quake in Japan 2 years ago.

watch the HAARP vids on youtube.

If you are refering to HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Resarch Program) then you need to resarch their website. Comming from Rugby and having worked at Rugby Radio Station an ex VLF site I know something about HAARP. The goal of this HAARP is to further advance our knowledge of the physical and electrical properties of the Earth's ionosphere which can affect our military and civilian communication and navigation systems. The HAARP program operates a world-class ionospheric research facility located in Gakona, Alaska. This bounces signals off the Ionoshere and studies there effects. They can not even puch a hole in the Ionoshere so how can they cause Earth Quakes or even detect them?

News Broadcast From Thai International News desk!

The Earthquake scheduled for the 12 of June has been postponed due to the predicted economic trouble it may cause. One official has been quoted as saying "Thailand has had enough trouble this quarter, so an Earthquake could be the last straw. We have asked the operators of the Haarp to postpone the Earthquake until a more favourable time can be decided on"

So there you have it, everyone can still go to the beach, I am sure that they wont have an Earthquake on a weekend day, it would just cost too much business.

Edited by chmiroau

I heard that an asteroid was spotted heading toward Montenegroid at about 60,000 mph. A very old and wise sage/soothsayer up in Chiang Mai predicted this event so it must be true.

I don't know about HAARP and the NWO and David Icke and his reptile people from planet V - but there's lots of animals running pass my window and going up to the mountains. Does that mean anything?

Silly Boy, that's opening time at the Pub up the hillburp.gif

The Meteorological Department ensured that its tsunami and quake detecting system is operating 24 hours a day.

So they got the budget to replace the battery in their US supplied tsunami detector ?....... :)

It wouldn't be a G200 would it? I've heard it from a Police General that they're extremley accurate, cheap too!

I wish we could place all the fortune tellers and physics and set them adrift on the open seas. Thailand would be a better place and I wouldn't deal with all this garbage. People would have to pick their own lotto numbers, oh the horror.

Ditto Burma.

This may be interesting to you....

This retired geologist form the SF bay area has claimed for years to have been able to predict quakes

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Jim_Berkland

Yeah, saw that guy on TV. I think he predicted the Northridge or one 'em to within a day. Problem with BKK is that it's built on mud so that it would behave more or less like the area in SF that was a landfill. I mean there aren't many skyscrapers in New Orleans for this reason I suppose. But BKK is in a very low seismic area, hopefully.

Omg I have a Sub woofer low frequency eruption emanate from my PC chair each bottle of chang or singha I haven't had harrp larger for years ( harp stays sharp to the bottom of the glass 5555+ )

what a lot of hot air 55555+

I go along with they cannot predict rain properly let alone Tsunami :)

I predicted that i would win the lottery in the UK. That's 14 million / 1. Never came true. Went to make an appointment with a fortune teller. She said, "dont worry i know your coming". Perhaps you can predict an earthquake. 6 bottles of Singha will do the trick just nicely. Could happen tonight. Be warned.

If a Tsunami hits in the area of the Bangkok site it will build up in the Ocean and will then get higher when it hits the current of the Chao Phraya River and Bangkok will then be gone. I am happy that for the predicted time I am still in Ghana, as it will be happen tomorrow I still will be able to cancel my return flight on the 15.6, when I called my Friend in Bangkok and told here to get out, She was asking me if I did smoke some fancy stuff down in Africa? whistling.gif That the big one is coming is not a secret, the question is where and when.jap.gif

Apparently there is a planetary alignment starting on the 12th june till the 11th of july (think lara croft tomb raider-esq). It is this alignment called a 'Syzygy' that some people believe can be a cause of earthquakes due to the larger gravitational force of the moon on the tectonic plates of the earth. The new moon we are just having at the start of this alignment is the reason for some peoples soothsaying. i say 'some peoples' belief but the actual theory does not hold well in seismology or the scientific community in general. This is just what i have found out looking online and not my personal opinion...guess the doomsayers just couldnt resist a potential end of the world warning.... :)

Edited by imjustagirl

I like how it's the weather department warning of an earthquake.

They would be a more logical dept that, say, the Ministry of Culture. Weather is part of meteorology, which is part of Earth Sciences. So a geological section would be under their wing and not something like Child Services Dept..

I say a Child Services Dept, as this is more likely a rumour started by Feminists to drive tourists away from Pattaya, thinking the only reason we stay here is due to one of their blinkered thoughts that controls their life.

oh hum zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In NZ where they have a lot of these EQ things,but mostly small,they have been working on this for a long time and I believe they have got to the stage where they can say "There is a strong possibility"

I believe they have predicted some but it is really the BIG one that they are after being able to warn against.

Still if the place falls down tomorrow we will know why.

I wish that I had seen this thread earlier.

A load of Thais are going around Samui talking about the 'near panic' when the sea on Chewang beach suddenly went out leaving loads of fish flapping around and dying.

The Farangs ran to the town and the Thais picked up the fish.

Ho Hum - I missed it and it MUST be true. Someone told the husband of the women who told my wife who then told me.