How To Go Stay In Thailand For 3-4 Months

The last time I went to thailand I remember I got a 2 week visa on entry, I was advised I would need to do visa runs after that, at the time i said <deleted> it and couldnt be bothered with it, and also wanted to see cambodia as I was very interested to see what that country would be like. So I left a day before the 2 week visa expired and found staying in cambodia very easy as you get a monthly visa on entry and can pay for a year visa for a few hundred dollars from inside cambodia in many places (a business visa, even if u dont own a business)

So this time I am going to thailand I intend to stay in thailand most of the time, for around 3 months I think. However how do you play it?

So you have a 2 week visa, then go across border for anothe 2 weeks? every 2 weeks do this? to me this seems an extremely inconvenient way to stay in thailand, Surely there is a way to get a 1 month + visa in thailand, or longer?

or is it not possible

I have read alot about doing visa runs but is there an easier way if u want to spend 3 months in thailand, as a UK national

thanks

Do a visa run to Laos, Get a double entry tourist visa........... 60 days plus 30 days................ you get 60 days........... then go to immigration and extend for 30 days (cost 1900b) after that month............ visa run to cambodia................. get your other 60 days (cost 2000b with JAck Golf visa run) job done.

Believe you are currently in the UK. Single entry tourist visa would give you 60 days permission to stay on entry and can then extend for a further 30 days at Thai immigration (fee 1900 baht). If you require longer suggest you apply for double entry tourist visa. You will need to do border run by day 90 run to activate second 60 day stay period (and can then extend again for another 30 days if you decide to stay longer :)). Apply through consulate in Hull.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

Believe you are currently in the UK. Single entry tourist visa would give you 60 days permission to stay on entry and can then extend for a further 30 days at Thai immigration (fee 1900 baht). If you require longer suggest you apply for double entry tourist visa. You will need to do border run by day 90 run to activate second 60 day stay period (and can then extend again for another 30 days if you decide to stay longer :)). Apply through consulate in Hull.

http://www.thaiconsu...-and-visas.aspx

thanks for the replys however the last time i entered thailand I got stamped and it allowed me to stay for 14 days, not 60.

Have the visa rules changed or do you have to ask for the 60 day visa when you enter???

Suspect you entered before on 15 day visa exempt entry (day of entry counting as Day 1) which is not a visa. A tourist visa will give you 60 day permission to stay on each entry (plus 30 day extension option on each entry), but needs to be obtained from Thai consulate before you travel to Thailand.

:)

No. As the other replys said, the best way to go is to get a 60 day tourist visa before you leave the U.K. from the Thai consulate. The Thai consulate in Hull is particularly friendly and is recommended. You can do it by mail if you have the time. You can contact the Thai consulate in Hull on line for the forms and requirements.

When you arrive in Thailand have that 60 day tourist visa in your passport. Make sure the immigration at the airport sees it, so they will stamp you in for 60 days. Then before that 60 days ends, you can extend the visa at Thai immigration in Thailand for 30 days (fee 1900 baht). That will give you 90 days on that first visa (60 plus 30 day extension). If you want more time than that, try for a double entry 60 day visa from Hull. Then you can do a 60 day visa, extend it 30 days. Then cross the border to Laos, getting stamped out before that first 90 days ends (60 day visa plus 30 day extension). Return to Thailand on your second entry 60 day tourist visa. Extend that 30 days in Thailand again (1900 baht fee again). Your total time is then (60 days plus 30 day extension) plus (60 days plus 30 day extension) equals a total of 120 days.

Is that clear?

Now if you don't have enough time in the U.K before you leave for Thailand you can do this:

Arrive with 14 day stamp on arrival. Before that runs out, go across the border to Vientianne, Laos. Try for a double entry 60 day tourist visa there. That will give you the same double 60 day visa with two extensions possible in Thaialnd as I mentioned above. So again the total will be 120 days in Thailand. Be prepared for at least one, or possibly two days stay in Laos to get that visa processed.

That's the two ways to do it, but it would be best and most convienent if you can get the double entry 60 day tourist visa in the U.K from Hull before you leave.

Good luck.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Suspect you entered before on 15 day visa exempt entry (day of entry counting as Day 1) which is not a visa. A tourist visa will give you 60 day permission to stay on each entry (plus 30 day extension option on each entry), but needs to be obtained from Thai consulate before you travel to Thailand.

Don't forget that a 15 day visa exempt is if you arrive at a land border, if arriving by air then the visa exempt stamp will be for 30 days. :)

Any Consulate can provide the tourist visa and from a Government staffed Consulate it should be free of charge currently. Do not try to arrive without a visa for a stay of more than 30 days and no onward transportation within that time as airline could well require you to pay of a new ticket or not board the aircraft.

I remain confused here.

(60+30) + (60+30) = ???

Let me rephrase that.

With a double entry tourist visa, when extended by 30 days each time, how many days' stay in total will be granted?

I posit that 120 is not correct, but would love to be proved wrongsmile.gif

It could be almost 180 using extensions or 120 not using extensions of stay for a two entry tourist visa. But you also have unknowns such as issue date of visa and validity period of visa which can change things a bit.

You can't get any VISA in Thailand

Outside the country you get a VISA

Inside the country you get a VISA extension

VISA exemption stamp, on arrival, allows 30 day stay if arriving by air, 14 day stay if arriving by land.

So a 60 day tourist VISA would be obtained from the Thai consulate in your country of origin.

A 30 day VISA extension is purchased from the immigration office in Thailand.

Edited by sarahsbloke

It could be almost 180 using extensions or 120 not using extensions of stay for a two entry tourist visa. But you also have unknowns such as issue date of visa and validity period of visa which can change things a bit.

Thank you, lopburi3.

The visa exempt stamp for most countries is 30 days on air arrival and 15 days on land arrival. Day of arrival is always counted as day one.

A tourist visa for most nationalities can be obtained in most countries but the period of stay could be 60 or 30 days depending on nationality.

Edited by lopburi3
Correct mistype

About 20 years ago that would have been true as then it was a two week visa exempt stamp but has been 30 day for several decades now. But within last two years changed to 15 days for land/sea entry (still 30 days by air for UK passport).