French Living In Uk , What To Do To Bring My Wife To Uk?

Hi therei am french living in uk for 10 years,i plan to get married in thailand with my girl friend going through the french embassy and get a french visa for her to come to france. what shall i do for her to be able to come and live in uk with me?i would rather not apply for british citizenship for me beforehand,any help appreciated, we got a 1 year old son that is registered a the french embassy, so he will get french passport so no worries for him i guess

As you are an EEA national (French) exercising your treaty rights to live in another EEA state (the UK) your wife can apply for an EEA family permit to join you in the UK.

I think that as he is your infant dependent and wont be exercising treaty rights in his own right that you will also need to get one for your son, even if he does have a French passport, but I'm not sure.

EEA family permits are free, so applying for your son wont cost you anything, even if it's not necessary.

See EUN02 - EEA Family Permits

As you are an EEA national (French) exercising your treaty rights to live in another EEA state (the UK) your wife can apply for an EEA family permit to join you in the UK.

I think that as he is your infant dependent and wont be exercising treaty rights in his own right that you will also need to get one for your son, even if he does have a French passport, but I'm not sure.

EEA family permits are free, so applying for your son wont cost you anything, even if it's not necessary.

See EUN02 - EEA Family Permits

thanks so much

most helpfull ,